Ready for a slimmer, sexy summer! My food diary

bethy.babes

Started a food diary yesterday, I'm new to minimins!! But hadn't posted the thread in the food diary forum :d'oh:

So heres where I got up to yesterday:
:sign0144:​
SO! I've been using Slimming World for around three years now, through it I lost just over four stone. For the last year I have done it on/off and really just maintained, (maybe a few extra pounds added in there ) However I moved out with my boyfriend and started a job as a newly qualified staff nurse in December 2012 and understandably the weight piled back on, as well as it being christmas AND my birthday! I never reached target and this time I am determined to get to the weight I want to be, so I thought keeping a food diary would really help me, as I'm doing this alone and not going to group!

I've read about Success Express and thought I'd give it ago as got big celebrations coming up this weekend! I'll see how that pans out and I'll keep a food diary!

So heres my first attempt at a food diary, it's been a sort of red day/success express, I'll decide tonight depending on if I have any syns

Breakfast

Banana, blueberries and grapes with Muller Light greek style yogurt (0.5)
Two apple and sultana alpen light bars (hexB)

Lunch

Lots of rocket leaves, cherry toms, cucumber, 7 olives (1), 42g feta cheese (hexA), chicken and wholemeal pitta bread (hexB)

Dinner

Lean gammon steak, massive side salad of lettuce, toms, cucumber and red onion, butternut squash chips and a couple of pickled onions. Level tbsp extra light mayo (0.5)

The OH had peas and SW chips (not that he needs them he's as lean as they come, just a force of habit) ;)

Snacks

Apple, can of diet coke, few green teas and gallons of water

Total daily syns: 2

I know thats a bit low but find it hard to combine them into the success express plan! Oh well

Feeling very satisfied so lets see what tomorrow brings :wavey:

Morning all!

Day two of my annual leave week and I'm just starting the day with a twinings morning detox cuppa!! Got lots to do and MUST not put it off to day, poor Charlie (My OH) will be running out of work suits soon :whistle:

Happy slimming everyone!! X

So far so good today! Another success express day !

Breakfast
A massive sandwich/roll - small wholemeal bread (hexB) roll filled with one slice bacon, portobello mushroom, 1 WW pork sausage (3), Kerry's low low cheese 40g (hexA) and a big bowl of tinned tomatoes to make up my 2/3 superfree

Lunch
Made a SW quiche with lots of superfree veg, it's a square quiche as I didn't have a proper flan dish, but tastes just as good :)
Served with a huge side salad and beetroot
IMG_1486.jpg

Yum Yum !
:eating:
Not entirely sure what I'm having for dinner but i think beef wellington :)

Going into town now to get my brother some wrapping paper my little baby is 18 this month!!! I can't believe it and my gorgeous mummy is 50 this weekend and we've got a big surprise party planned this saturday!! so excited and nervous but I also know its going to be a very indulgent weekend, all the more reason to be very good this week :)

Ciao for now bella's

x

diarys looking really good well done! subscribed :) Xx

Thanks so much, keeping a diary really helps i'm quite surprised!! xx

Thanks so much, keeping a diary really helps i'm quite surprised!! xx

yeah its suprised me to, since keeping a diary i've been so much more focused! beforehand i didn't really take it all seriously and cheated alot, but since starting a diary both on minimins and written at home, i've found it so much easier :) Xx

yeah its suprised me to, since keeping a diary i've been so much more focused! beforehand i didn't really take it all seriously and cheated alot, but since starting a diary both on minimins and written at home, i've found it so much easier :) Xx

yeah same, hopefully i can have a good first week because got a few boozy weekends coming up :) your doing so well! xx

i'm sure you'll have a fab week! aw thankyou, your an inspiration though loosing over 4 stone and keeping it off, thats amazing! xx

thank you i really appreciate it :) xxx

Dinner

Beef wellington featured in this months issue of SW mag, I had it with butternut squash and carrot mash, broccoli and cauliflower, it was DELISH!!

Beef Wellingtons
Serves 4
15g dried porcini mushrooms
Fry Light
2 Shallots, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
200g chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
Small bunch parsley
Salt and pepper
4 large sheets filo pastry
4 fillet steaks all visable fat removed

1. Put the porcini mushrooms in a bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 20 mins. Drain, saving the liquid and finely chop
2. Preheat your oven to 200 C/gas 7 and line with baking paper. Place a frying pan sprayed with fry light over med heat and fry shallots, garlic and all the mushtooms for three mins. Pour over the reserved liquid and cook for further three mins or until all liquid has evaporated. Stir in the parsley then leave to cool for twenty mins
3. Cut a pastry sheet in half, place one fillet in middle and spoon over quarter of mixture, bring up sides of pastry to encase it tightly and spray with fry light. Wrap with the other half of pastry sheet, scrunching at the top and spraying with little more fry light. Repeat for other fillets.
4. Bake for 15 mins for medium/rare or 20 for well done. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.

6 syns for this meal for the large sheet of filo pastry. Used a little of my second hexA of milk to add to the mash.

Daily syns: 9
Healthy extras: HexA - 350ml skimmed milk HexA - 40g Kerry low low cheese
HexB - small wholemeal bread roll

didn't get round to having my second hexB but i'm stuffed anyway!
:)

PIEPIC2.jpg

picture of my dinner tonight, looked much more appetising in person :D

x

another cheeky little idea from the SW mag. Having two jars and putting stones/pebbles in them, one jar being lbs to lose and one jar being lbs lost. thought i'd try it as i need all the motivation i can get !! mine aren't too pretty as i had to use what was around the house.
jars1.jpg

this picture is tiny for some reason but the left one is full of pebbles and the right one is empty (for now), fingers crossed i can put some in the right one on Monday :-D

x

Morning all!

Just tried something new for breakfast! A sort of bacon and egg muffin. it was absolutely gorgeous. I used a muffin tray, spray muffin tin with fry light cut two circles out of bread and put in the bottom, wrap bacon around the muffin cup. Sprinkle with cheese and crack an egg on top. Then bake, I just baked it until it looked cooked, probably about 10 - 15 mins.

egg muffin.jpg

I had it with mushrooms and chopped tomatoes. YUM!

xx

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how you know someone has replied to something you've written without having to just go back on to the thread and check? i'm so confused :) xx

Last night I also made "freewheeling fruity fingers" featured on the cbeebies website and i got there thanks to ScarlettScar86

• 1 small eating apple (approx 30g when grated)
  • 30g mixed dried fruit
  • 3 tablespoons apple juice
  • 1 teaspoon oil (I didn't use oil, used a little bit of fry light)
  • 1 dessertspoon demerara sugar (I used sweetener to cut on syns)
  • 50g oats
Grate whole apple, and add to mixing bowl with mixed fruit and oats, and add sweetener, tip 3 tablespoons of apple juice into the mix and stir. Spray loaf tin with fry light and add mixture. Spray with some fry light and bake for about 25 mins or until golden in a preheated over (gas 6/ 200 C) Leave to cool and turn out and slice into four.

I had half of this and used it as my second HexB and lots of fruit. YUM!

fruit fingers.jpg

Worked it out to be no more than 3.5 syns for half, well worth it I say!

Back