Ready to make a change!!!

Yeah just shows that the dieticians and idiots running these clinics and diet clubs are all sooo wrong!! I did the same Dee, ya know low fat yogs, fruit etc etc thinking your doing really well and being saintly :rolleyes: and then we suddenly "click" and realise all that SUGAR!!!!! doomed to fail eating all those carbs eh chick.... I really like the idea of the low GI/GL diet and even the High fat diets.... hope your ok hun? Thanks for your support btw L xx
Anytime sweetie.... its a real interesting topic.... To think having say a cheese omelette fr my breakfast would be better than say fruit and yoghurt!!!

I'm trying to retrain myself for hen the time comes!!!!

I was the same Dee...wanted to follow a low GI diet but realised it was involving a lot of carbs which are my personal killer! So going to do a low carb diet instead which I think will be better for me.

Hope lil poppets feeling better today :) x x x

Yeah just shows that the dieticians and idiots running these clinics and diet clubs are all sooo wrong!! I did the same Dee, ya know low fat yogs, fruit etc etc thinking your doing really well and being saintly :rolleyes: and then we suddenly "click" and realise all that SUGAR!!!!! doomed to fail eating all those carbs eh chick.... I really like the idea of the low GI/GL diet and even the High fat diets.... hope your ok hun? Thanks for your support btw L xx

Girls, I don't want to go all preachy on you because at the end of the day, a health eating plan is all about finding something that fits around your lifestyle and allows you to enjoy eating and stay healthy......but.....

I'm a scientist, a physicist rather than a nutrition expert admittedly, but I can analyse scientific research and as someone who has tried, unsuccessfully, soooo many times to apply the accepted principles of calorie counting, I have read A LOT.

I won't hi-jack this thread by droning on but as the subject has been raised I will just recommend the Montignac Method.
If you can get hold of a copy of "Eat yourself slim...and stay slim", I would read it. It will blow your mind. :D

I'll be following the method once I get to target so there'll be a lot more
about it on my thread as I start to get my brain into gear.

End of sermon....have a good day everyone! :D :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eat-Yoursel...=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1321258291&sr=1-3

Last edited:
Denise140 said:
Girls, I don't want to go all preachy on you because at the end of the day, a health eating plan is all about finding something that fits around your lifestyle and allows you to enjoy eating and stay healthy......but.....

I'm a scientist, a physicist rather than a nutrition expert admittedly, but I can analyse scientific research and as someone who has tried, unsuccessfully, soooo many times to apply the accepted principles of calorie counting, I have read A LOT.

I won't hi-jack this thread by droning on but as the subject has been raised I will just recommend the Montignac Method.
If you can get hold of a copy of "Eat yourself slim...and stay slim", I would read it. It will blow your mind. :D

I'll be following the method once I get to target so there'll be a lot more about it on my thread as I start to get my brain into gear.

Hun that sounds really interesting... I was very unsure about what to do when I get to goal.... So will definitely have a look into that... I've looked at GI and low carb and Atkins (don't like the look of that one much) but to be honest have no idea! I just need something easy to follow I think, I get confused easily if I have to start faffing about with complicated stuff :( xx

Hun that sounds really interesting... I was very unsure about what to do when I get to goal.... So will definitely have a look into that... I've looked at GI and low carb and Atkins (don't like the look of that one much) but to be honest have no idea! I just need something easy to follow I think, I get confused easily if I have to start faffing about with complicated stuff :( xx

Ooh Atkins is HORRIBLE! .......... Been there, done it, lost a load of weight (all of which, and more, went straight back on) and have never, ever felt so ILL! As I say, it's horses for courses. To me Montignac makes sense.....basically there are good carbs and bad carbs, good fats and and bad fats. It doesn't matter how much you eat, it's what you eat and if you're gonna eat the bad ones, then you have to compensate.

Dx

Denise140 said:

I'll be following the method once I get to target so there'll be a lot more
about it on my thread as I start to get my brain into gear.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eat-Yourself-Slim-Stay-Slim/dp/2912737001/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1321258291&sr=1-3

Interesting. I think I'll do some research and see what I think. Thanks Denise

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ooh Atkins is HORRIBLE! .......... Been there, done it, lost a load of weight (all of which, and more, went straight back on) and have never, ever felt so ILL! As I say, it's horses for courses. To me Montignac makes sense.....basically there are good carbs and bad carbs, good fats and and bad fats. It doesn't matter how much you eat, it's what you eat and if you're gonna eat the bad ones, then you have to compensate.

Dx
Hi hun,
Must say I agree with your approach, very sensible! I haven't read through the link you posted yet, but I will do.... I haven`t made up my mind entirely, just playing around with ideas, BUT I am more inclined to agree with what you say about good and bad carbs/ and Fats.... its scares me to think its ok to eat tons of butter.cream, full fat milk etc etc etc which seems to be the new advice!! :eek: but maybe thats because we`ve been told that they are all bad. I remember my nan cooking with suet, and butter etc etc, and I also remember she never ate many spuds and didnt touch much rice or pasta, and she was from the war generation, not overweight... I`m with Peachpip too as too much info can blow my mind and confuse me ha ha... think I`ll take it steady.... got plenty of time to decide. Cheers for the post hun :D L xx

Interesting. I think I'll do some research and see what I think. Thanks Denise

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Just bought the book for 1p off Amazon lol..... will let you know what I think when I`ve had a read through... Cheers chick, L xx

I just bought the book too :) Thanks x

So today i have been super productive.... washing and ironing done.... housework done right through and thought right.... time for my run!!!

So on my treadmill i get.... flick on my little dvd player.... so i do my 5 min walk and then start my run.... get engrossed in my dvd until i think....'oooh when do i walk...' And then think.... crikey i've been running ages.....

I only started on the week 4 session 2 not week three..... but thought sod it! I'll give it a go!!! And i did it!!! OMG..... I thought i should go back to my week 3 but dont want to go backwards.... Hopefully i wont live to regret the decision... but i'm sticking with week 4 now!!!

Also did my 100 crunches!!! Feeling amazing right now!!!!

XXX

Dee...you can always go back to week 3 if you struggle on week 4 sessions ;) ...but see how it goes :) you never know if you don't try it ;) x x x

Dee...you can always go back to week 3 if you struggle on week 4 sessions ;) ...but see how it goes :) you never know if you don't try it ;) x x x

Yeah Dee.... If you managed it and felt OK, there's not much point going back but do listen to the old bod sweetie - don't push it unless it feels right!

xx

I'm sticking to it religiously now!!! I'm just real excited that my life is changing so much... i never thought i'd get this far!!! x

well done Dee.... wish i could do that... (poorly feet!) also hun I`m grateful if i can do 1 crunch lol let alone 100 !! xx

I had to build it up!!! I'm determined to get my tummy flatter!!! It'll never be flat!!! But flatter will do me!!! ; )

Deezer said:
I had to build it up!!! I'm determined to get my tummy flatter!!! It'll never be flat!!! But flatter will do me!!! ; )

Honey well done you are doing amazingly!!! So proud of you for bouncing back!! Xx

Back