Ready to start again

thanks jennie, we are very similar its my third attempt to and hoping to see it right through this time. Good luck to you to xx

Day 25 Week 4

Day 25
Starting day 4 of this week, so have climbed my hill on my bike and am ready to freewheel down the rest of the week, or climb another hill if it comes, gulp.

Back to work today, working over the weekend days then on to nights then days again. This will be a test staying organised whilst at work and making sure I get my water in me.

I have promised myself to do it, and to do it I need to put myself first. I need to value myself and my efforts in this diet.
The house won't fall down, my job won't disappear, my friends and family will still be there, They just have to revolve around me for a little while.
So that's what i'll be trying to do this week:)

have a good day all xx

First shift in and woohoo people noticed, so gave me a great boost
café latte - oatmeal cookies - cottage pie/green beans/ jelly - chocolate shake

Last edited:
Day 26

Day 26

I hit another hill last night but relieved to say climbed it, shakily but climbed it.

I could not settle again at end of day, had 2 or 3 trips down to kitchen where I managed to only eat a couple a radish and a celery stick.
But in those trips I was scanning the fridge and cupboards for bread, crispbreads and toppings to put on. Thank god there were none.
Then the brilliant idea came to me, I could make myself a pancake, a hot buttered pancake with what ever I wanted on it. Arghhhhhhhh
So the mad woman here ended up at 1:00am pouring a perfectly good packet of flour down the sink, running water and poking at it with a wooden spoon, muttering obscenities at it. I think I am going mad!!

Again I wasn't hungry or thirsty, I could not distract myself, maybe I was bored, then when the pancake idea came I could not settle until I had got rid of the temptation.

So again, I will get to weigh in and ask myself if I want a pancake if I do I can have it.

Have a good day allxx

Had an unsettled day, going out on night shift tonight so don't know if that's it. But if I don't take junk I just have to avoid the chocolates and biscuits.
oatmeal - banana shake - salmon and salad - chocolate shake for later and oatmeal for morning/emergency

Last edited:
Day 27

Day 27

First Night shift down, busy night so went in quick and stayed on plan. now off to sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Have a nice day all xxx

Up to start the day, don't sleep much on first day after nights just doze in and out.
last night wasn't hungry big relief, had chocolate shake half way through and dodged all the goodies. I think it helped that I just constantly drank water and ran to toilet .

caramel latte - oatmeal - salmon/salad / jelly - chocolate shake
tonight i'm taking half a bar for emergencies but hoping wont use it till breakfast
When I finish this night shift tomorrow i'll be day 28 last day of week and last day of 1 month Wow Can't believe it.
But hope to keep going xx

Last edited:
really inspired by your diary. pls see my diary. i have just started

Sent from my GT-S7500 using MiniMins

ty hunca, was a bit worried wouldn't be able to get through night with energy levels but felt okay, flagged a bit towards end but then always do that.
hope you are well and going strong xx

Aww thankyou so much lisa, helps such a lot when people pop on. I'll certainly visit xx

how u feeling x

Sent from my GT-S7500 using MiniMins

Day 28

Day 28
Night shifts finished yeah,,,,, Back on tomorrow day shift, so up now so I sleep tonight.
Don't think I got enough water in me was far too busy so chugging away now.
Last day of week, weigh in tomorrow, hoping for good things been 100%

Off to have breakfast and sit in sun for a while

Have a good day all xx

oatmeal cookies - banana mousse - chilli/aubergine - chocolate shake

Last edited:
when is your next weigh?

Day 29 Week 5

Day 29
And Week 5 begins, glad to say 5lbs off this week, don't know what was different maybe some stubborn fat decided to go. Maybe the regular walking. So so pleased anyway.
I've dropped 2 sizes on top and 1 size on bottoms since beginning diet and am almost in the 16stones Wooohooo
Treat for this week - I plan to buy a swimming costume and go swimming a couple of times a week.
I love swimming but I am so insecure and shy about showing my size so if I manage this treat/challenge it will be huge for me.
Off to get ready for day shift
Have a good day all xx

Good day at work, on track with meals and water, off for walk final choc shake before bed

café latte - oatmeal cookies - spaghetti/aubergine / jelly - chocolate shake

Last edited:
Well done on a great loss this week :D You are doing fab! Was my 3rd weigh in today and I lost 3lbs - so thats another snap! Funny how our losses have been pretty much the same - we must have similar metabolisms! If I was to lose 5lbs next week I would be shouting it from the rooftops lol! Good luck for week 5 x

wow guys ur weight losses are making me excited for the future x

thanks Jenny, didn't do anything different, although when I think about it didn't have as many bars last week.
We are very similar in our losses, so hope it another snap next week xxx

day 30 Week 5

Day 30

off to work early shift, 2 more after this then on days off thank god been a long stretch.
Feeling good and no hunger.

Have a good day all xx
Again busy at work and struggling to get water down, gonna be another night up and down to loo.

Coffee/hazelnut - oatmeal cookies - 2 egg spinach omelette - chocolate shake

Last edited:
thanks hunca , just hope can keep the momentum up xx

Day 31

Day 31
Well again woke up early, wide awake and full of energy.
Only thing I have noticed is that energy only lasts so long come early evening it fades quickly and i'm ready for bed. Its like you cant push yourself any further. No reserves. Click like someone switches off the hoover halfway through your cleaning. So I tend to listen to my body and give in when I feel it and just go re charge, one minute i'm there with family, next they're popping there head in bedroom door "in bed again...." I feel guilty at times but keep saying it wont always be like this.

I gave myself a 12 week goal as my first long term goal and just realised i'm a third of the way through, great, just have to keep it going now. I figure the steady weight loss keeps you motivated, then the excitement of fitting in smaller and smaller clothes. The re found enjoyment of what others take for granted, a simple walk without being out of breath and ready to drop, the prospect of getting into a swimming pool for the first time in a year. If I keep going i'm sure there will be many more old / new hobbies I can visit.

My next bit of excitement will be a new order to slim and save. I had just got a large order when i fell ill last year. So they are just about finished. I decided to use them and supplement with a really good vitamin and fish oil. I'm looking forward to trying new flavours/meals etc. Although am still wary that they awaken any cravings for carb laden foods. like the chicken curry and the local take away arghhhh. Still don't trust myself lol

When I look at my slim and save meals I realise that why its working is it satisfies my sweet cravings, Good old oatmeal- I loved porridge and its sweet tasting, or I can make it into cookies to take with me. The meal bars are just like having a chocolate bar- except I would have ate about 6 in a day if i'm being honest. My nightly chocolate shake- just like a decadent hot chocolate.
my evening meal alright it can get a bit boring chilli/spaghetti/cottage pie but the range of vegetables you can have and changing to 100g protein fish/chicken/eggs means you can mix it up. And how many times when cooking ordinary food do we stand there in the kitchen and say what am I going to make tonight, how can I make it different for them. So no difference there. I'm lucky in that alcohol doesn't phase me much, I have the odd twinge of oooh a wee wine would be nice or oooh i'd love a brandy right now but have been able to shrug that off.

Anyway enough ramblings off to start the day, i'm day 3 of this week which means if i'm on my metaphorical bike ride and about to begin pedalling up a hill. A silly craving is going to try and unseat me, but you know, I know its there so I wont be so surprised this time, maybe this time i'll just stick out my leg and push it away. Heres hoping

Have a very good day all xxx
Update:
oatmeal - banana mousse- tuna salad/jelly - chocolate shake
I work in health care and this week all the doctors move on and new ones come in, our cupboards are full of goodies from the grateful ones, glad to say I have survived the temptation. Yeah

Last edited:
What a lovely positive post to read on this wonderful Thursday morning :) I can so identify with everything uve said. I've only just noticed that our starting weighs were the same. I love ur bit about the metaphorical bike. Wonderful I must keep that in mind ;) I find already that my day doesn't so much revolve around eating its becoming more a case of having to rmbr to have the pack rather like the saying ' I eat to live not live to eat'. Keep positive & focused & we'll all get to where we want to be.

Back