Real Weight and Attack duration

**lisaz**

I'm a little confused how they get their figures. Every other diet i've ever done would like to see me at between 7stone and 8 1/2 stone due to me being slightly challenged with height!

Also how does it determine your length of time on attack? I assumed the more you needed to lose the longer you stay on attack but it has only given me 5 days even though I need to lose approx 120lbs.

Any outlook on this would be great.

It gave me two days but I did three. It's partly linked to age and how frequently you've dieted before. Not many people get more than five now, if any. You have to pay off the weightless advantage against the increasing likelihood of people breaking the diet through boredom, and also the health issues of having little fibre etc except the oatbran. Most people have a few transit issues during the first couple of weeks.

Have you been to the UK official site, lisa, and got your true weight from them? If so, you'll know that they ask other pertinent questions - rather than simply your height - to establish your true weight, and length of attack period.

Overly lengthy attack periods have been shown, since writing of the original French book, to be little more effective than moving onto Cruise and, as Topaz says, are far more likely to cause boredom and transit issues.

As someone who's also weighed quite a bit in the past, my "true weight" is a lot higher than most people's (and higher than I want it), so I admit that I constantly fight nature and try to keep it below that. But it's tough!

Most of us have found that, while with Dukan one can get below one's true weight in Cruise, in Conso/Stab it becomes more difficult if you're aiming to stay below it.

I know it's hard, but try to look at your total weight loss required in manageable chunks. Set yourself mini goals.

I wish you much luck and don't hesitate to open a diary
x

Back