really fed up today

xKimmiex

Silver Member
taylos really getting me down lately, shes waking at 3-5 every morning and i have to bring her in our room else she screams. last night she wke every 10mins:cry:so im sooo tired, had about 2 hours kip:(

shes dead stuffy, like shes got snott trapped at back of nose [tmi]. any idea how to help her? tried nose drops but only seems to make her scream:confused:

What about Karvol ... you know the menthol drops to relieve congestion in the nose. I used to put a couple of drops on some kitchen roll and tie it to the top of the cot. Anything's worth a try. Sleep deprivation is awful - I know I become a b*tch from hell without enough sleep.

She is a little beauty, isn't she?

Hi,

you could try taking her into a steamy bathroom (i.e run the shower or bath really hot with the door closed)- that might help clear the congestion.

Hope she and you feel better soon.:)

Take care

thanks, was going to take her docs to get something. thouse drops iv been using dont work, just make her nose runny.
thanks shinyhappyperson, she is, just a nightmare lol

im soo tiredddd =[

but sis if u read this, its not cause i babysat its cause taylors been a ***** at night lately lol

Awww, dont say that she is only teeny tiny :)

When my little one had stuff trapped in her nose I got one of those blowy thingys from Tesco's. I know that's not very helpful, but it's got some kind of tube that you put in your babies nose and then you put the other end in your mouth and inhale to get it out. I know it sounds completely gross, but if you really want to help your little one......should be in the baby section.

Have you considered follwoing some kind of program to get her to sleep through the night?? I dont know how old your girl is but I got my daughter to sleep through at 6 weeks by following this book. It is very strict but it does work.

Try and get a nap in today at some point and I am sure you'll feel better.

Penny xoxo

shes 10 weeks old, if it wasnt for the 4oclock thing she would sleep from 12 till 7-8ish

how long are u letting her cry for? if u r sure she isnt unwell, hungry or needing changed then u should just let her scream herself to sleep- harsh i know but they will learn! try the method goin in after first ten mins dont lift her just let her hear ur voice. go out if still screaming leave it 20 mins do the same, thn leave 30 mins do the same etc until she goes to sleep. if she knows she screams and gets to go in with u she will do it all the more! even at 10 weeks they r so clever!!!!! for blocked nose i would defo put karvol on a few things, bed sheet, tissue, dotted around the room!!!!
hope u get a good sleep soon!
xxxx

What about Karvol ... you know the menthol drops to relieve congestion in the nose. I used to put a couple of drops on some kitchen roll and tie it to the top of the cot. Anything's worth a try. Sleep deprivation is awful - I know I become a b*tch from hell without enough sleep.

She is a little beauty, isn't she?

When ever my wee one gets stuffy nose and that i always use these there fab just 2drops on a tisue and in the cot they work wonders you can buy them in tesco's.Hope you get sorted soon nothing worse than no sleep,i must have been blessed with a baby that slept all through the night since 2weeks old!

becky x

Back