Total Solution Really nervous newbie....

Have just ordered my 4 weeks worth of shakes for my total solution programme

Im really nervous :( but ive decided not to tell any of my family or workmates as they just wont understand...ive just reached my cut off point, I cant allow myself to gain anymore weight :cry:tried to diet but cant eem to get out of the 14's on my own so i just need a quickstart to reach my goal's and look fab for my birthday in nov '11

Im hoping to find some loverly supportive people on here to cheer me on :) and together reaching our goals :)

Congrats on taking the first step, this diet isnt easy, but you get the most amazing results. Embrace the diet, dont fight against it and you'll be in and back out of those 13's in no time!

Come on here daily to keep yourself topped up with motivation. Everyone here is in the same boat and understands what your going through.

Don't be nervous, be excited! You've decided to make a change and are now going through the steps you need to go through to get there. This place seems to be an amazing source of support (have only been looking at it for the past couple of days since starting Exante) however I would recommend that you tell at least one person in the real world. There must be someone you know who will support you carrying through on your decision even if they don't agree with the decision itself - the only person I've told so far is my OH. He doesn't like the idea of it, but respects my decision and now that I've explained to him why it's for me he seems happy enough.

I must admit though, a small part of the reason I decided on Exante is because he recently gave up smoking for me and sometimes seems like he really regrets doing so. Therefore I've sold it as "I've given up something I love because you gave up something you love for me" but really it's just a way of me passive-aggressively guilt-tripping him if he dares fall off the wagon!

[Edit: And of course, it goes both ways - should /I/ fall off the wagon, I have no right to be criticising him for having a cigarette, plus it works as a positive mental reinforcement for me to remember that although I'm doing it mostly for me, I'm also doing it to support him. I can't expect him to stay clean off the fags if I can't manage to stick to this diet to achieve my goals.]

Last edited:
People can surprise you and maybe you'd be surprised by the support you would get from someone you know? A lot of people just don't understand weight loss, diets and tfr's and they don't really know what to say, maybe if you told someone and explained it then maybe you'd get extra support from them.

I wouldn't be scared though, just relax and be happy that you've made a decision to get healthy. :)

hi , as paragee says dont be nervous , be excited . I always find the people that are excited and see the diet as a positive not a negative are the ones that succeed . Everyone is different when it comes to telling people , I find it best if I tell everyone , I mean the whole world .. as it makes me more determined to succeed so people cant say 'I told you it was bad / you wouldnt do it ' etc .. some people only tell 1 or 2 people and others tell no one .. whatever works for you , and there are lots of people on here who will support and advise you , we all know how tough / easy it is and how amazingly it works :)
Good luck starting , the first week can be tough , but keep telling yourself it gets much much easier and the weight loss totally makes up for it :D

Don't be nervous, be excited! You've decided to make a change and are now going through the steps you need to go through to get there. This place seems to be an amazing source of support (have only been looking at it for the past couple of days since starting Exante) however I would recommend that you tell at least one person in the real world. There must be someone you know who will support you carrying through on your decision even if they don't agree with the decision itself - the only person I've told so far is my OH. He doesn't like the idea of it, but respects my decision and now that I've explained to him why it's for me he seems happy enough.

I must admit though, a small part of the reason I decided on Exante is because he recently gave up smoking for me and sometimes seems like he really regrets doing so. Therefore I've sold it as "I've given up something I love because you gave up something you love for me" but really it's just a way of me passive-aggressively guilt-tripping him if he dares fall off the wagon!

[Edit: And of course, it goes both ways - should /I/ fall off the wagon, I have no right to be criticising him for having a cigarette, plus it works as a positive mental reinforcement for me to remember that although I'm doing it mostly for me, I'm also doing it to support him. I can't expect him to stay clean off the fags if I can't manage to stick to this diet to achieve my goals.]
loving the guilt trip thing .. great strategy !!!

loving the guilt trip thing .. great strategy !!!

Hehe! I'm one of life's problem solvers who also has a sincere belief in doing to others as I'd have done to myself. Problem 1: I need to stick to a diet. Problem 2: Need to help him to stay off the fags. Two-in-One Solution: Mutual guilt trip!

Back