Really struggling :(

DustQueen

Gold Member
Hi guys

I am on day 7 so far 100% TS no cheating, but I feel awful.
I don't remember feeling this bad on LL.
Yesterday despite drink 4 litres of water a had a day long excruciating headache (also had this day 3 & 4). The last few nights I have slept for 12+ hrs and still felt exhausted, I feel extremely guilty about my work productivity which has dropped to nearly nothing.
All in all I am feeling very sorry for myself and a bit weepy.
Also mad at myself for being so pathetic *sigh*
I hope everyone else is doing better :(

Carly

It happens Carly.

As with any fairly extreme change in your habits you are going to have good days and bad ones, especially in the early days.

Sometimes you read what others doing the diet write on here and it seems like you will struggle for the first few days and then after that it becomes some magical easy walk in the park, complete with scented flowers.

Nope.

It's hard, hard work to stick to this diet, and for various reasons every now and again your body and your brain will protest about what you are doing to them. Some of these will be strictly diet-related, some of them probably would have happened anyway..........

The only advice I can give you is that when I have "down days" I try to stay strong by going back to my "one-pack-at-a-time" mantra and I keep telling myself that however bad I may feel, food is NOT going to make me feel better, it's only fuel for my body and I am already giving it that!

I also find that blogging my moods and feelings helps me a great deal although again this doesn't work for everyone.

Hope you feel better soon x

It's not pathetic Carly! This diet is very difficult for all but a few lucky people (often blue team members it seems lol)
I struggle regularly. I felt so bad for the first 6 days I would have given up if it hadn't been for this forum. I didn't feel that bad on LL either.
I'm just starting week 6 and this morning was dry heaving and if I had eaten anything I know I would have been sick! Luckily by slowly munching my way through a bar and half a lake of water I'm feeling a little better now.
I was bad by drinking a bit during meal week so have also had to work my way back into ketosis. But I wouldn't have missed out on my weekend with my friend as I only get to see him about twice a year, so it was a case of bleugh to the diet and take the consequences. It was planned into meal week on purpose as we'd already had to cancel once due to my son having a bad accident.
We don't all breeze through it and by feeling crap some of the time I appreciate the days when I can honk and feel either good or at least not bad!
It's only short term and once you're at goal and back in the real world you'll soon forget how bad you felt, just like childbirth!!
:)

aww hunn it is not pathetic at all please don't think like that hun...it is a really hard diet to stick to hun...and yes like kitty said usually blue team members find it a lot easier for some reason lol (guess it is the big losses which spur them on hehe)...but hun you are doing really great..i have bad days as well and i am only on my 2nd week....i feel crap sometimes about a lot of things i.e the scales and the tape measure lol...which i rant about quite abit myself in my diary...but try and take it each day as it comes or even one pack at a time and sip water which is more time consuming so it doesn't lead you to thinking that you are having too much water in one go which could lead you to being sick....hun you can do it and we are all here to help you...just think food will be there after you have reached your goall...:)
mwah

Hey Carly82, just found this from the other thread - c'mon sweetie. I know it's horrible to feel horrible, but think of the outcome!

I've just glanced at a magazine with a pair of trousers and a fabulous top I'd love to get into. What's your dream outfit?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the support :)
Feeling much better now :) Headache has finally gone, YAY!
Yes Suzie I have my favourite size 10 hipster jeans packed away waiting :) hopefully be in them by October - just seems so far away

Thinking of you Carly it's tough isn't it? I've just ordered a bumper pack of shakes because i'm enjoying them more at the moment. i think when we're dieting like this we should eat (drink) the stuff we like best.

like they say it is like a roller coaster, ups and downs, as long as yr hydrated it should pass, also u could try having half a sachet of soup in a mug or choc shake, just to give u a quick fix. take care and good luck

Stick with it and it should get easier. Day's 4-7 were by far my worst and since then I've felt fine.

Hope you wake up feeling energetic and headache-less tomorrow.

hi its completey normal to feel like this , your body and mind are trying to fight what you are doing to it .Hang in there you will feel better and in the end you will look amazing then you could treat your self to a lovely meal out wearing those size 10 hippsters hehe
goodluck hun hope you start feel better soon and remember water water water :)

well done carly:clap::clap::clap: can you feel the changes xx

Well done! It proves that you have the willpower to hang in there...

Nothing worse than feeling ill to tempt out the comfort food.....

Back