recipe help please

jbean

Hi there

I am trying to come up with a recipe for sweet & sour pork cooked in the slow cooker following EE

So far I am thinking of browning the port & adding peppers, carrots & onions, tin of pineapple & some soy sauce

Can anyone think of anything else I could add? also any other slow cooker recipes would be great as I use mine a lot

cheers
Jbean

I don't know if you're accounting for the pineapple having syns, as it's canned? :eek:

I make a lovely sweet and sour sauce for very little syns, and you don't need to use a lot of it as it's so full of flavour :)

5tblsp vinegar (any one'll do - i use red wine, but malt etc is fine too :) )
2tblsp lemon juice (could just use more vinegar if no lemon juice)
4tblsp tomato ketchup (4 syns)
4-6tblsp soy sauce
4-6tblsp splenda (add more or less to taste)

mix it all together and bung in the slowcooker with the pork - yum yum :) xx

jbean - I wish I could help you out here but my slow cooker hates me - I have obviously offended it in some way because I put loads of nice things in there, switch it on and then leave the house, when I get back, instead of being greeted by some lovely smelling food I get greeted with vile slop - I don' know what I do wrong because someone else can put the EXACT same things in & their dinner is delicious.....I hate the thing.

BUT - a friend cooked this for me & it was lovely - I did it in the oven & it ws just as nice, put it in the slow cooker & it was horrible....

Ginger Spiced Pork

Black Pepper
680 Grams Casserole Pork

Sauce:
1oz Flour (5 syns)
1 Level Teaspoon Ground Ginger
¼ Teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
1 tin chopped tomatoes
4 oz Button Mushrooms
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tablespoons Splenda Brown Sugar (2 syns)
2 Tablespoons Vinegar
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Bay leaf

Method:

Lightly Brown pork in a pan & season well.

Mix all the other ingredients except mushrooms in a separate pan & heat through until simmering, pour everything into a casserole dish add the pork & mushrooms, cook at 160c for 1 ½ to 2 hours.

Serves 4
Total Syns 7 allow 2 syns per serving

I don't know if you're accounting for the pineapple having syns, as it's canned? :eek:

oops I'd forgotten that - ok if I use fresh pineapple though is it or does that count as being stewed ??

I am trying to keep as low syn as possible but am open to ideas

Jbean

Oooh I love sweet and sour chicken so yum yum and thanks for the recipe ideas, going to try that out at the weekend :)

Back