Recommendations...

NumNumPigsBum

"The Stig" Pig
Can anyone recommend a good set of scales please? I think mine have had it. They've been moved house and bashed about more times than I care to remember and now seem to have constant arguments with themself about what I actually weight in a 2 minute time span. They're either broken or have senile dementia, either way I think a new set is on the cards! I don't go to class so would like a decent set so I know they're as accurate as they can be, obviously without having to sell a kidney to fund them.

Would love to hear what you all have/think are good.

Fankoo
x

Was given mine (an Eks dial) for hosting a Tupperware party back in the 70's, and they've outlasted my occasional forays into the electronic scale market. I can't really advise on dial versus electronic nor recommmend a particular make. I'm going this alone, too, and as long as the numbers go down each week I'm happy. I'll be even happier when the dial moves round and exposes numbers which have never yet seen the light of day - should be a lot easier to read! So far they show no signs of dementia. After all this time I'm beginning to suspect I might win that race.....

i bought the weight watchers ones they seem to be ok no problems and seem accurate

I would take advantage of them packing in and choose not to replace them. Weigh in once a week at the local chemist or sports centre and avoid the tempatation to hop on the scales mid week.

I'm pretty good and don't hop on and off. If I do (which is rare) i don't really take any notice until weigh in day. I have learned from previous mistakes. Dragging 3 kids under 5 to weigh in at a chemist is not very practical for me ... especially seeing as I prefer to weight myself nekkid :D

I have Homedics scales as well - I think they're pretty good.

(In the past, I've found that if digital scales start weighing you different if you weigh a few times in a row, it usually means the battery needs replacing.)

I got these bad boys:
Tesco Glass Digital Scale, Square - Tesco.Direct

They're nice and cheap and as far as I can see, they are bang on, precision wise. I've checked by weighing myself straight after WI and they always give me the same weight I got in class :)

I decided on mine by reading all the reviews on the Argos website, if the reviewers go to slimming clubs, they tend to mention how they compare to their respective WI scales. I think mine were about £15 but have been spot on every time and it doesn't matter how many times I climb on to try and see if they have changed their mind, they still give the same number.

I decided on mine by reading all the reviews on the Argos website, if the reviewers go to slimming clubs, they tend to mention how they compare to their respective WI scales. I think mine were about £15 but have been spot on every time and it doesn't matter how many times I climb on to try and see if they have changed their mind, they still give the same number.

Care to share which you bought or is it top secret? :D

Care to share which you bought or is it top secret? :D

It's top secret!!

However, if I must share, they were Hanson ones, but I bought them a year ago and I have just looked as the website and they are no longer listed :sigh:. Basically, they are glass ones that you have to use on a hard floor which means I have to nip down in my undies on my WI day and use them downstairs :eek::eek::eek:

aww thanks fillymum :ashamed0005:

Well I managed to get a set of Salt-thing ones from Home Bargains for £8.99 .. a bargain for my home indeed :D

I didn't even know we had that shop here. The excitment when I spied it with my beadie eye was actually not necessary! although I think my hubby found it amusing seeing me squeal and jump up and down on the spot while asking if we could go in for a nosey.

Back