Red Pepper and chorizo soup with pasta

Angellore

From this months WW magazine. I made it the other day and it is delicious. There's loads of it and it's very filling. This recipe makes 4 portions, although I had 2 portions in one go and there was a huge bowlfull plus I didn't need bread or anything to go with it.

Points for whole recipe: 16pp
Points per serving: 4pp
Serves 4

2 red peppers, sliced
One onion, diced
One garlic clove, crushed
60g chorizo diced
1tsp cayenne pepper
400g tin chopped tomatoes
2 veggie oxo's made up with 1 litre boiling water
100g orzo or any small pasta (I used small cochinille pasta as my supermarket doesn't sell orzo)

Heat a large saucepan and add the chorizo, cooking until it starts to release its fat.
Add onions and red peppers and cook until onion starts to turn translucent.
Add garlic and cook for one further minute.
Add tomatoes and cayenne pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add stock and bring to the boil. Add pasta and simmer for around 10 minutes, until the pasta is al dente.

Serve. If you eat it immediately it is a soup consistancy. If you leave some to eat later it thickens up and is more like a stew. You can eat it like that or add a little more water to make a soup.

The cayenne gives it a little heat, so adjust to your own tastes.

I've made this a few times its yummy isn't it and a real kick to it too, sometimes I use macaroni and other times my babies little pasta stars!

Just made this but substituted chicken for chorizo as I had none.190g of raw chicken is the same pp as the chorizo.. its made loads and its lovely!! I added some ancho chilli powder just for some sweet warmth. Can't wait for my lunch tomor!

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

I made this tonight! I have tried a little bit and its delicious! Im saving it for my lunches in the week....am i ok to freeze it?? There seems to be LOADS! :)

I guess you could freeze it, I freeze loads of things lol... portions are massive aren't they! It went lovely and thick yesterday like a stew... dribble!

I guess you could freeze it, I freeze loads of things lol... portions are massive aren't they! It went lovely and thick yesterday like a stew... dribble!

Yes! I have left it over night to bring for my lunch today and its all thick and yummy looking! I cant wait til lunch time! :)

Back