Puddings Red Velvet Brownies

I made it, I thought I had cocoa powder but when I went to add it I didn't! So I added drinking chocolate. It was sweet and nice, you couldn't taste the chocolate flavour though. Going to get some cocoa powder and make it again

I'm going to try this tonight if I can get the cooked beetroot. I cooked beetroot myself before and had a nightmare trying to peel it so I'm going for convenience for this. Looking forward to trying it :)

just shared this recipe with my sw group... will let you know what they think! I can't wait to make it, have to wait til Thurs as thats the only time I can get my hands on some scan bran!!!!

Stupid question from moi, do I have to buy a 'real dirty' lol beetroot and cook it? Or can you buy ready made beetroot minus vinegar? 'has never bought a real beetroot :0

Bunns, I not only cooked the beetroot, I growed it too:D

:sigh: have to say this wasn't as great as I was expecting. I thought the beetroot would add something different to the usual scan bran cake. It just tasted like scan bran cake, with the odd chunk of beetroot that hadn't blended properly. Disappointed!

I do find I have to blend it for an extra couple of minutes to get the beetroot as gloopy as possible. Bitty beetroot would not be pleasant.

Could try blending the beetroot, egg, cocoa and splenda to a fine paste first, then add the bran?

Well, no scan bran cake is going to be as good as proper chocolate cake made with all the good stuff. But this is definitely better than no cake :) Joclairey made an awesome recipe, and I have a double batch to nom over the next couple of days. I stirred a handful of blueberries through this one and it's lovely.

Made this earlier and it was lovely, I didn't have any SB so used 4 dark ryvita instead, worked a treat but next time I think I'll bake it in the oven. I think this would be lovely with some grated orange zest and a few sultanas mmmmmm! Next experiment in the oven, SW quiche :D

What about All Bran???? Hmmmmm...

I do find I have to blend it for an extra couple of minutes to get the beetroot as gloopy as possible. Bitty beetroot would not be pleasant.

Could try blending the beetroot, egg, cocoa and splenda to a fine paste first, then add the bran?

thats what i do :) i blend everything bar the SB while the SB is soaking, then i add that and blend some more :)

I've just tried the same method tonight for the SB carrot cake (cooked the carrots then blitzed before adding the SB) and I far prefered it to the normal recipe which always tasted a bit bitty to me x

Now I know what scan bran is and have nowhere near me where I can get it, so would someone mine telling me what oat bran is? Maybe I'll be able to find that more easily. Or if not, what else could I try? This sounds lush! :D:D
I made it with 4 dark rye ryvitas and it turned out fine :)

Back