Redmel is Calorie Counting!

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting - Diaries' started by redmel, 2 October 2011 Social URL.

1. redmel

redmel Dreamer

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi

I thought I would start my own diary in order to record my calorie counting journey. Hopefully this will keep me on track.
    I am lacking willpower and often end up not logging my food, as I feel too guilty!

A little bit about me... I am very nearly 32 (7days) I have 4 children and started my calorie counting weighing 12st 11lbs, I did get to 12st 5lbs but the last two weeks have been ropey, to say the least so here I am!

I pledge to
    weigh on monday morning.
    NOT weigh myself midweek.
    Drink plenty of water.
    Log everything I eat.

And so it begins...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. janey26

janey26 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(12.07%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Good luck!! I'm also a Monday weigher!! Xx

4. Donzy84

Donzy84 Back to basics

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Good luck I started at 12st 10lb and kept hovering between that and 12 5 until I started cc'ing. Are u using my fitness pal? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

5. Bostik

Bostik Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.8lb(36.05%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Good luck!

6. NatalieMeadows

NatalieMeadows Full Member

7. redmel

redmel Dreamer

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well what a terrible diary keeper I am!

So.... I had all good intentions to update my diary but I woke up Monday morning to find my puddy tat poorly sick in the front garden. After a worrying day with him at the vets he sadly died of suspected poisoning :( The kids were gutted, especially our eldest (10) so we spent a couple of days feeling sad and trying to take his mind of it all, and then decided today to go and collect a lovely cat from not too far away who needed a new home..... We now have a VERY happy boy who still misses our puddy tat but is very fond of the new one :)

And through all that how did I do foodwise?
    I am happy to report that I managed to stay within my calorie allowance every day (except monday, when I was 49 over) I am impressed with myself actually as I am very much an emotional eater.

I don't really get time to exercise but doing the school run is keeping me active at the moment.

Thank you all for your good luck vibes, seems I needed them this week.

If anyone is interested myfitnesspal name is redmel1621.

8. Bostik

Bostik Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.8lb(36.05%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Sorry to hear about your cat. But great that you kept under calories! Well done!

9. Squeezyweezy

Squeezyweezy Gold Member

Diet:
    Being healthy
    So sorry to hear about the cat. I am a huge cat lover. (Much prefer them to humans at times, especially men!!!) I lost my beautiful cat just over a year ago, but the best decision I ever made was to give a new one a loving home, and now we are very happy together. I still miss Monty very much, but my new cat Ziggy needed me and things are really good. :)

Welcome to the diary section, you will get so much help and support on here. I couldn't be without my minimins pals. :)

10. redmel

redmel Dreamer

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Bostik and Squeezy:)

I think I managed 'ok' last night, under temptation. Dh had a friend around who ordered a curry in, but he ordered far too much so kept trying to give us some! I ended up eating one pappadum, and a bit of the rogan josh and pilau rice:eek:
    BUT, I did restrain myself and only have a small amount, also I did have 250 calories left anyway, so HOPEFULLY the amount I ate didn't take me over (or at least not by much) Curry really is a big downfall of mine:(

I am on a water drinking mission now until Mondays weigh in, lets see if it can help shift a pound or two, plus I am thinking of starting yoga:p It will just be at home though, as I haven't the money, time or confidence to go to a class. I have got the yoga for dummies basic training so will try and find time for that today, I have one (poorly) child napping I am just hoping the other snoozes off shortly so i can give it a go:)

11. schweetheart

schweetheart Member

Have fun with your yoga when you do get to do it! I love earning calories through excersise so I can eat more haha.

12. redmel

redmel Dreamer

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good afternoon

I never got to do Yoga....not sure I will ever find time lol.

I did manage to majorly fail yesterday. I ended up bingeing in the evening, toast, biscuits, cheese on crackers! I must have an illness...I don't think I was even hungry :(

I have then had a 'knock on effect' crappy day today too. It is snacking that I struggle with, I seem to be forever pacing the kitchen opening cupboards and looking for food, even if i'm not particulary hungry, I really wish I could stop this habit! I haven't even logged, because I am scared....right, I need to get a grip and go and log EXACTLY what I have eaten so far, maybe it isn't too bad after all pmsl.

13. redmel

redmel Dreamer

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Omg I have 136 calories left...
    All I have eaten today is flaming biscuits, crisps and an omlette!!

I might just go and drown my sorrows of being a big fat blimp, in a bottle of wine :(

14. chickadee83

chickadee83 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(8.05%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi I'm interested in changing from sw to calorie counting but not sure what is a decent amount of cals to aim for each day, can anyone help? I'd Like to lose 2lbs a week :) good luck to you :)

15. redmel

redmel Dreamer

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi chickadee

The very best thing to do would be, register with myfitnesspal and it will ask you to input your height/weight etc and will give you a calorie allowance to work to. Lots of us in here use it.

Good luck x

16. chickadee83

chickadee83 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(8.05%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I'll do that, thanks :)

17. Bostik

Bostik Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.8lb(36.05%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    redmel, tomorrow is a new day :) Don't worry about it!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. redmel

redmel Dreamer

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Bostik...today is a new day, it also happens to be my birthday hehe... 21 again, 21 again, lalala... All join in....

I had a kind of brunch of a golden syrup oatso simple, as I new I would be having a chippy dinner and some cake.
    I had chicken chow mein, but left all the chicken because it tasted a bit odd!! Then had a huge slice of asda's extra special chocolate fudge cake... Yum!

I haven't added up the calorie count yet but I am probably still within cals, oh but I did also have 3 sticks of a kitkat, which I am annoyed about really as I didn't even want it that much :(

I have been spoilt today, lots of nice clothes and even if they are slightly tight I will keep them as a incentive to keep going :)

20. janey26

janey26 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(12.07%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a good one xx

21. Squeezyweezy

Squeezyweezy Gold Member

Diet:
    Being healthy
    Happy Birthday my love!!! The chocolate cake sounds fabulous, and if you can't have a large slice or two on your birthday, then when can ya eh?? :) xxx

22. Bostik

Bostik Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.8lb(36.05%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Happy birthday! Hope you enjoyed it!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.