Redmel is Calorie Counting!

redmel

Dreamer
Hi

I thought I would start my own diary in order to record my calorie counting journey. Hopefully this will keep me on track.
I am lacking willpower and often end up not logging my food, as I feel too guilty!

A little bit about me... I am very nearly 32 (7days) I have 4 children and started my calorie counting weighing 12st 11lbs, I did get to 12st 5lbs but the last two weeks have been ropey, to say the least so here I am!

I pledge to
weigh on monday morning.
NOT weigh myself midweek.
Drink plenty of water.
Log everything I eat.

And so it begins...

Good luck I started at 12st 10lb and kept hovering between that and 12 5 until I started cc'ing. Are u using my fitness pal? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck!

Well what a terrible diary keeper I am!

So.... I had all good intentions to update my diary but I woke up Monday morning to find my puddy tat poorly sick in the front garden. After a worrying day with him at the vets he sadly died of suspected poisoning :( The kids were gutted, especially our eldest (10) so we spent a couple of days feeling sad and trying to take his mind of it all, and then decided today to go and collect a lovely cat from not too far away who needed a new home..... We now have a VERY happy boy who still misses our puddy tat but is very fond of the new one :)

And through all that how did I do foodwise?
I am happy to report that I managed to stay within my calorie allowance every day (except monday, when I was 49 over) I am impressed with myself actually as I am very much an emotional eater.

I don't really get time to exercise but doing the school run is keeping me active at the moment.

Thank you all for your good luck vibes, seems I needed them this week.

If anyone is interested myfitnesspal name is redmel1621.

Sorry to hear about your cat. But great that you kept under calories! Well done!

So sorry to hear about the cat. I am a huge cat lover. (Much prefer them to humans at times, especially men!!!) I lost my beautiful cat just over a year ago, but the best decision I ever made was to give a new one a loving home, and now we are very happy together. I still miss Monty very much, but my new cat Ziggy needed me and things are really good. :)

Welcome to the diary section, you will get so much help and support on here. I couldn't be without my minimins pals. :)

Thanks Bostik and Squeezy:)

I think I managed 'ok' last night, under temptation. Dh had a friend around who ordered a curry in, but he ordered far too much so kept trying to give us some! I ended up eating one pappadum, and a bit of the rogan josh and pilau rice:eek:
BUT, I did restrain myself and only have a small amount, also I did have 250 calories left anyway, so HOPEFULLY the amount I ate didn't take me over (or at least not by much) Curry really is a big downfall of mine:(

I am on a water drinking mission now until Mondays weigh in, lets see if it can help shift a pound or two, plus I am thinking of starting yoga:p It will just be at home though, as I haven't the money, time or confidence to go to a class. I have got the yoga for dummies basic training so will try and find time for that today, I have one (poorly) child napping I am just hoping the other snoozes off shortly so i can give it a go:)

Good afternoon

I never got to do Yoga....not sure I will ever find time lol.

I did manage to majorly fail yesterday. I ended up bingeing in the evening, toast, biscuits, cheese on crackers! I must have an illness...I don't think I was even hungry :(

I have then had a 'knock on effect' crappy day today too. It is snacking that I struggle with, I seem to be forever pacing the kitchen opening cupboards and looking for food, even if i'm not particulary hungry, I really wish I could stop this habit! I haven't even logged, because I am scared....right, I need to get a grip and go and log EXACTLY what I have eaten so far, maybe it isn't too bad after all pmsl.

Omg I have 136 calories left...
All I have eaten today is flaming biscuits, crisps and an omlette!!

I might just go and drown my sorrows of being a big fat blimp, in a bottle of wine :(

Hi I'm interested in changing from sw to calorie counting but not sure what is a decent amount of cals to aim for each day, can anyone help? I'd Like to lose 2lbs a week :) good luck to you :)

Hi chickadee

The very best thing to do would be, register with myfitnesspal and it will ask you to input your height/weight etc and will give you a calorie allowance to work to. Lots of us in here use it.

Good luck x

I'll do that, thanks :)

redmel, tomorrow is a new day :) Don't worry about it!

Thanks Bostik...today is a new day, it also happens to be my birthday hehe... 21 again, 21 again, lalala... All join in....

I had a kind of brunch of a golden syrup oatso simple, as I new I would be having a chippy dinner and some cake.
I had chicken chow mein, but left all the chicken because it tasted a bit odd!! Then had a huge slice of asda's extra special chocolate fudge cake... Yum!

I haven't added up the calorie count yet but I am probably still within cals, oh but I did also have 3 sticks of a kitkat, which I am annoyed about really as I didn't even want it that much :(

I have been spoilt today, lots of nice clothes and even if they are slightly tight I will keep them as a incentive to keep going :)

Happy Birthday my love!!! The chocolate cake sounds fabulous, and if you can't have a large slice or two on your birthday, then when can ya eh?? :) xxx

Happy birthday! Hope you enjoyed it!

Back