Red's food diary - advice very gratefully received

It's not that bad Silvermane :D

Today I am (tentatively) trying a red day - but be warned it may well become an Easy Extra day withough warning !! :eek::eek:

This is the plan... we'll see how it goes

February 9th – Red

Breakfast – apple, grapes pineapple chopped up with cinnamon sprinkled over, black coffee

Lunch – Superfree veg soup, cold meats and salad. - Banana, Mullerlight yoghurt

Tea – Peppered burger (made with extra lean mince) with peppered mushroom sauce and butternut squash wedges roasted with crushed corriander and mustard seeds and salad.

Snacks – Options drink (2syns), Alpen Light bars
Syns - 2
HexA - Laughing cow in the sauce at tea.
HexB - Alpen light bars

Last edited:
Oh and it is father in laws surprise 60th birthday party on Saturday and although I'm going to take some of my own food I envisage wine drinking. I'm going to flexi-syn it. Pick an amount and stick to it (I'll never do only 2 glasses of wine at their house! ;) ) and then be cautious the rest of the week. Syns weren't too bad yesterday or the day before either.

Ha! My OH eats pickled chillies too - is it the jars of jalepenos?

I did it! My first ever red day and it was good. I was very apprehensive but tea was yummy and very filling, hey, I might even do it again sometime!

Weigh in tomorrow - eek

Am wondering what a suitable flexi-syn total for Saturday would be, maybe 35? That gives me 5 glasses of wine (I may not drink that many!) if I stick to my own food. Pondering...

Ok so I weighed (about 5 or 6 times ;) ) and I have lost 7lbs this week.

It seems a remarkably big loss for this far into the diet but in terms of what I need to lose overall I guess it is still a drop in the ocean but as I say I weighed several times and OH checked and there you go. Digital scales tend to fluctuate between 3 numbers so you are meant to average. I actually took the top one.

As you all know I am eating properly and not (remotely ;) ) starving myself so I'm a bit suprised! In a nice way :D

thats fantastic, and is that counting the 4 last week ? or plus the 4 ? so how much have you lost all together ?

fair play to you thats brillant

23lb in 4 weeks jesus fair play to you, an insperation to us all well done again :) well deserved

u need a new
25584-albums1875-picture11203.html
hehehehe :)

It is quite a lot isn't it (but then I have an incredible amount to lose and I'm still dangerously obese :( ) but hey I'm working on it. Can't say fairer than that. I'm inspired by your exercise. Once my eldest is back at school (yes he is STILL off and now his dad is ill too :rolleyes: ) I will try the Davina DVD.

Took eldest to the doctors and she said he had caught two bad viral infections on top of one another, gave me antibiotics and told me not to take him back until he is eating. He still isn't eating properly (and he is a good eater) so I'm keeping off until Monday now. Pain in the bottom though :rolleyes::p

Ok so I weighed (about 5 or 6 times ;) ) and I have lost 7lbs this week.

It seems a remarkably big loss for this far into the diet but in terms of what I need to lose overall I guess it is still a drop in the ocean but as I say I weighed several times and OH checked and there you go. Digital scales tend to fluctuate between 3 numbers so you are meant to average. I actually took the top one.

As you all know I am eating properly and not (remotely ;) ) starving myself so I'm a bit suprised! In a nice way :D

Marvellous news Red!! I think it's the Reggae Reggae speeding up your metabolism personally!! Ha!!! No but seriously that is a great loss and forget the 'fluctuating scales' talk, YOU have done this, and YOU deserve to take the credit!! Some weeks it's possible to have big losses and it's right to celebrate them when you do!! When this happens it's great because we are dispelling the myth that you have to eat little to lose weight and PROVING that SW works!! It's a lovely boost when you get a good one and it spurs you on!! Well done!!X

Thanks funcurls, it means a lot to me when people come on here and celebrate/support me.

Now, today was going to be a green day but with OH coming home ill last night I have burger left over and I was going to do Silvermane's thai curry tonight but OH won't be eating it. Added to which tonight is a tutoring night and I have one tomorrow night as well. I'm just going to do a red day again. Which actually means that it is more or less a copy and paste from yesterday with some minor differences. I wouldn't usually do this but it makes sense with the food I have in and with ill people to look after.

So today is yesterday with minor differences:

February 9th – Red

Breakfast – apple, satsuma, pineapple chopped up with cinnamon sprinkled over, black coffee

Lunch – Superfree veg soup, cold meats and salad. - Tiger Tiger red Thai salad dressing 1 tbsp (1 Syn)

Tea – Peppered burger (made with extra lean mince) with peppered mushroom sauce and spicy butternut squash wedges and salad.
Snacks – Options drink(2syns)
Syns - 3
HexA – Laughing cow (in mushroom sauce)
HexB – Alpen light
The Tiger Tiger salad dressing is gorgeous, wow, well worth a syn and made the lunchtime salad taste different from yesterday(I did use different meats too for variety).

Back