Red's food diary - advice very gratefully received

Hear hear, BritMum and her slimmingeats website is fantastic- I've had loads of inspiration from her since ever since I started!! Everything she makes is right up my street and the photos really sell her recipes to me!!X

Hear hear, BritMum and her slimmingeats website is fantastic- I've had loads of inspiration from her since ever since I started!! Everything she makes is right up my street and the photos really sell her recipes to me!!X

I've already bigged her up on this thread but honestly I have to repeat her website is a total dream. She must have helped tons of people with it.

This is today in full:

February 4th – Easy Extra
Had breakfast late, I was dealing with a poorly boy. Since it was nearly lunch time just went for a big breakfast, may have fruit later for lunch or veg soup.
Breakfast/.brunch: Black coffee - Scrambled egg with smoked salmon, 1 ww sausage (1/2 syn). Lots of mushrooms, tomatoes, onion.
Lunch – Nothing
Tea - Same soup as last night into which I sliced a half turkey fillet. Then one medium sweetpotato mashed with laughing cow (HexA) and lots of spinach leaves, some watercress and spring onion. – Mullerlight yoghurt.
Snack: Banana, satsuma, Options Indulgence drink (3syns), Alpen Light bars. May have a Drifter (1 finger type) (5syns)
Syns: 3 1/2, or 81/2
½ ww sausage
3 Options drink
5 Drifter - maybe???
HexA : Laughing cow
HexB: Alpen Lights

Last edited:
Today's plan so far:

February 5th – Easy Extra

Breakfast – Black coffee, apple, chunks fresh pineapple

Lunch – vegetable soup (homemade) - salad with Quorn roast pieces (free) and 2 cold new potatoes sliced into it.

T ea– Hungarian paprika goulash (Silvermane’s recipe) done in the slowcooker, served with broccoli, green beans, peas and brown rice.

Snacks -

Syns -

HexA -

HexB –

Drinks: fennel tea, green tea, some sugar free juice

Actually change of plan - got back from shops too late to slow cook so the goulash which I am still making is going to be tea tomorrow. I'll have it all ready. But don't fear Silvermane we are definately having it tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it! Today has changed to green so I could do something quick (and finally with the battry in my kitchen scales I can measure out cheese Hurrah!!) :

February 5th – Green

Breakfast – Black coffee, apple, chunks fresh pineapple

Lunch – vegetable soup (homemade) - salad with Quorn roast pieces (free) and 2 cold new potatoes sliced into it. Alpen Light HexB)

T ea–Spinach and ricotta pasta (I finely diced a courgette in too) with wholewheat pasta. Ricotta was (HexB choice on green) also added reduced fat cheddar to mix in and sprinkle over for HexA

Snacks banana, Options drink (2syns), kit-kat (5.5 syns), Alpen light (HexB) Snack-a-jacks (3syns)

Syns –10.5

HexA 42g reduced fat cheddar

HexB – 85g Ricotta cheese in tea (HexB on green), Alpen Light bars

Drinks: fennel tea, green tea, some sugar free juice

Last edited:
ah sorry to hear kids still are not better, hopefully will be right as reign for monday :)

i doing ok except had to stay in hotel friday night wasnt planned so not sure how many syns i had was worse than weekend away because at least it was planned :(

my mum and her sister were due to go on a cruise flying from dublin to philadepha to orlando and catching ship there,
my aunt flew from uk to meet my mum and we all stayed in hotel friday night, but when they went to check in sat morn they wouldnt let my aunt fly, because she had no visa, mum has an irish pass port so she went on her own, debating it for an hour, so i'm worried about her because its not a package hol, but she's been in contact each stop so she's in orlando now ok, and catching ship today, i know she'll be fine once she gets on ship because they will orgainse tours and everything, but such a day, an my poor aunt has to stay here now till next week and they not sure if she'll get her money back or not :(

but back on track today in work now for a few hours and going to gym then, and will look up that website ye are all talking about :)

hoping u are well ;)

Oh Nicola your poor Aunt, I hope it turns out ok for her. I bet your mum has a great time.

Sometimes life gets in the way of SW, I bet it wasn't as bad as you think, just be careful this week to make up for it.

Britmum's website slimming eats - the link is posted on the first/second page of my thread by Silvermane. Well worth looking at.

Here is today so far (this time the goulash is actually cooking in the slow cooker!):

February 6th – Easy Extra

Breakfast – Black coffee, 2 ww sausages (1syn), 1 lean bacon medallion, 1 egg, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion and garlic, Reggae Reggae sauce (1syn)

Lunch – Vegetable soup, some apple and pineapple

Tea – Silvermane’s recipe Beef Paprika Goulash, with broccoli, green beans, peas and rice (as the family are eating too I’m mixing bulgar wheat with white rice to save me steaming two lots) - pineapple, apple, grapes with maple syrup (2syns)

Snack – crackerbreads and laughing cow. Options drink (2 syns), Timeout (4syns)

Syns - 10 (maple syrup, ww sausages, Reggae Reggae sauce, Options drink, Timeout)

HexA - Laughing cow deli light

HexB - 6 Crackerbread (wholewheat)

Last edited:
This is today (I think - not sure about lunch)

February 7th – Green

Breakfast – Black coffee, Tesco healthy living wholemeal brown roll (weighed more than 57g I weighed it it weighed 70g) so am synning it at 1.5 syns plus HexB with Laughing cow (1.5 syn) spread on with an egg. Banana, Satsuma (3syns total for breakfast)

Lunch – Sweet potato and lentil soup -– hungry don’t know why also had a small bowl of rice mixed with bulgar wheat and peas, mixed in some cherry tomatoes and spring onions and soy sauce and chilli. – satusma

Tea – Cheese and onion pie taken from a thread here (from an old SW mag) uses HexA for reduced fat cheese, quorn sausage, spinach leaves, radishes, tomatoes, spring onions

Snacks –

Syns – 3

HexA - reduced fat cheese with tea

HexB – wholemeal roll (Tesco Healthy Living)
Pie – serves 2
14oz Potatoes
4oz Onion
4oz Leek
handful of peas
1 garlic clove
sprinkle of tyhme
2 eggs beaten
85ml vegetable stock
84g reduced fat chedder

Boil potatoes and mash up, set aside and spray large frying pan with frylight and fry onions, leeks & peas for 6-8 mins.

Add the mash, garlic, thyme, eggs, stock and half the cheese, mix altogether and put in ovenproof dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 20 mins on 200 oc.

Last edited:
I weighed my Tesco Healthy living wholemeal roll, it weighed 70g and a HexB is a 57g roll. So I've synned it at 1.5. Do you think that is enough? I wanted to make french toast but my only suitable bread had gone mouldy (yuk) so I only had these rolls.

Hey Red Riding Hood, thought I would pop in and say hi, you're doing really well!! xxx

I weighed my Tesco Healthy living wholemeal roll, it weighed 70g and a HexB is a 57g roll. So I've synned it at 1.5. Do you think that is enough? I wanted to make french toast but my only suitable bread had gone mouldy (yuk) so I only had these rolls.

I concur!! Hats off to you for being so accurate! A lot of peeps would just pretend it's a HEXb and hope for the best!!XXX

Hey Red Riding Hood, thought I would pop in and say hi, you're doing really well!! xxx

Thank you Julie :D

funcurls I have sooooooooo much to lose though I think I have to be super careful!
Have you noted use of Reggae Reggae sauce - that is down to you :p

This is today's plan so far:
February 8th – Green

Brunch – Late breakfast so just combined it with lunch and had a big one: 2 quorn sausages, reduced sugar beans, egg fried in frylight, mushrooms, onions, garlic, tomatoes. Reggae Reggae sauce (1syn) Black coffee

Tea – lentil dahl, curried vegetables (2 syns for philly light) and brown rice

Snacks - Satsuma, Options drink (2syns) small cup of vegetable soup (all superfree), half an apple, 2 wholemeal crackerbreads with laughing cow.
Syns – 5
HexA –
HexB -

Last edited:
Back