Red's Hearty Diary

Thanks for all your kind wishes.

EDITED: removed personal details.

Dukan-wise I am back on track and eating normally again. Not up to the full 2 litres of water yet but I'm getting there. Did my 30 min walk yesterday but didn't manage it today. I'll try again tomorrow.

Take care.
Red :heartpump: xx

Last edited:
Good that your eating is back on track, you need all your strength to get through the next few weeks/months. Positive vibes your way.

How's your dad today, Red Heart?

I remember from my dad's op that it's pretty painful for a while afterwards (breaking the ribs and all that), but it does all heal and the pain goes away.

Sending good wishes to both you and your dad. xxx

Hope your dad gets well enough soon to go to a normal ward and then off home to be with all of you. Sending lots and lots of positive thoughts, hugs and kisses your way right now! xxx

RH, hope your Dad is now on the mend and not in too much pain. Don't forget to give yourself some TLC too. :) Xx

Hi Ladies,
Thanks for sending your best wishes.

EDITED - removed personal details.

Now on to the diet...
Still not drinking enough water but will try harder this week. I am eating properly again although I fill up lots quicker these days. Not been doing my walks as I am so tired but I know that is stress related rather than diet related.
Had my weigh in and have lost 3.4lbs this week which I am pleased with.
I also measured myself - I do this once a month. I have lost 10 inches and 12.4lbs in a month. (22 inches and 25.4lbs overall since I started!) :eek:

Biggest inch losses since I started are:
4 inches off my hips
3 inches off each thigh
3 inches off my waist

My skirts are hanging off me, just sitting on my hips instead of my waist. I can't believe all this in just 9 weeks.
I am now over the half way mark weight wise and I'm thrilled.
Yesterday my Dad, despite how ill he is, told me I looked very trim. Bless him.

I will go and catch up on your diaries, but please forgive me if I don't comment on them all.

Take care.
Red :heartpump: xx

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear your dad's got an infection and is not as well as you hoped he would be. Still sending you positive thoughts! Am glad to hear though that you are doing so well on you weightloss and that your dad, even though he's not well, still notices that you look trim. Bless him :)
xxx

Hope your Dad will be feeling much better when you next visit him - he sounds a lovely man and of course a lovely dad x

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, he is a lovely man, I adore him. When I saw him, he apologised for worrying me! :rolleyes:
Shame I wasn't able to hug him, but hopefully one day soon.

EDIT: deleted personal details.

I know he is in the best place but it seems to be 1 step forward and 2 steps back at the moment.
Sorry for moaning again. :eek:

Dietwise, I'm almost up to 2 litres of water again as the frequent trips to the loo in the night reminded me!

Take care xx

Last edited:
Sweet heart, you are NOT moaning! We're here to help and support each other in good and bad so please stop apologizing for something no one thinks you're doing :) Wish there was something I could do for you and your dad... xxx

Sorry to hear your dad is still quite poorly. He sounds like an absolute gem even though he's ill, he's busy thinking of others. :) Xx

PS Your fellow dukaners are always here to support you, just like you would be for us.

Sweet heart, you are NOT moaning! We're here to help and support each other in good and bad so please stop apologizing for something no one thinks you're doing :) Wish there was something I could do for you and your dad... xxx

I totally agree :) x

Sorry I went AWOL for again, but I've had the week from hell. :(

Diet wise, I weighed in and lost 1.6lbs. I was happy with that because it was TOTM and also I only managed 2 PP days last week. Due to circumstances beyond my control, the rest were PV days. :(

EDIT: removed personal details.

I just hope that this is the end of our bad luck.

I have tried my best to stick to Dukan and have done that by mainly eating salads from the hospital canteen - yummy! PP days are harder to cater for when on the move and unplanned trips so I've stuck to PV days rather than go off the wagon.

Take care and here's hoping next time I post it will be with good news. :)

Last edited:
Gosh RH, you really are having a tough time of it at the moment, and I admire you to even be thinking about dieting at such a time (although, in some ways, it's nice to have "control" over something). I can well remember the hospital food from when I visited my Mum at the end of her life. Horrid as it might have been, it was the highlight of my day.

Take care of you :)

Thanks Maintainer.
TBH I usually comfort eat at times like this, but you know what has kept me on the diet? My dad - he was the very first person to notice my weight loss. He was sick in bed, the day before his heart bypass op and he said "You've lost weight". Then after his op when he saw me he said "You look very trim". I don't want him to see me fat again when he's better! lol
As you say, it does help to have something I can control because eveything else is out of my hands at the moment.
I am also dealing with "mummy-guilt" as I know my boys have had a dreadful school holiday, mainly spent visiting hospitals. Ah well, I will make it up to them when we are through this. Bless them though, they've not complained once. :)

Back