Red's Hearty Diary

That is an excellent goal :) and definately one to keep you on the straight and narrow. I should have thought about a diet coke, that would have certainly helped.

Hi Red Heart,

I didnt know you had a diary until just now lol. I am rubbish and havent been on here for a while. I would love to be on consolidation for Christmas! That is a really really good target. I dont really have a target at the minute im just going to wait til im happy, but definately not below my target weight if that makes sense.

How was TOTM? I always crave stuff just before mine, chocolate. It is my weakness at ladytime lol x

Hi Red Heart,

I didnt know you had a diary until just now lol. I am rubbish and havent been on here for a while. I would love to be on consolidation for Christmas! That is a really really good target. I dont really have a target at the minute im just going to wait til im happy, but definately not below my target weight if that makes sense.

How was TOTM? I always crave stuff just before mine, chocolate. It is my weakness at ladytime lol x

Auntie Flo isn't due her visit for a few more days. Headaches kicked in now, but again that is usual for me.

It was my last day at work today so took in some choc chip cookies but didn't have any.
They were all chatting about how bad the Dukan diet was after reading about it in the paper. :rolleyes:
I thought, just you wait until you see me in September! They've not noticed my weight loss yet, but I'm hoping after the 6 weeks hols they will. They'd better! :D

Have you had your second date yet?

Red :heartpump: xx

Yeah I had that, when u had appendicitis everyone was asking if it was through my diet! How ridiculous!!! Besides it can't be any unhealthier than being underweight, and yeah just wait till they see the fantastic results :)

I had my second date yeah, at the barracks. It was fun but everyone wanted to know who he had in his room and kept banging on the door, you would think soilders had never seen a woman before lol. X

So pleased the date went well! :)

Well Flo still hasn't made an appearance but I feel it's imminent as cravings gone, I'm tired and slightly sore boobs.

Still doing my 30 min walk per day - not missed a day since I started.
I know my legs are getting slimmer because when I started Dukan and walking each day I used to have to wear shorts under my skirt to prevent my thighs from chaffing :eek: and today I realised that I'd not worn them for 2 weeks and no chaffing! :)
I still have thunder thighs, though... :rolleyes:

great news that you're keeping up with the walking redheart, the difference is incredible isn't it? I had pairs of knee high boots that had been relegated to the wardrobe since i couldn't zip them up over my calves - they're baggy on me now! keep going and you'll notice it melting away from everywhere else too!

The lack of chaffing is a wonderful thing! Congrats! Looks like there will be a good group of us planning celebration Christmas dinners :)

Oo I've not checked my boots as they've been put away for the summer. The only place I can buy boots is Evans as they cater for the ample calf! :rolleyes:
I regret not measuring my ankles or calves when starting out but my boots will be a good indication. Thanks!

Well, weighed in this morning and I've lost 1.6lbs. Must admit I'm a little disappointed but my TOTM is 2 days late so I suppose that has a bearing on it. :(

Off to update my sig and stats.
Fingers crossed for 2lbs next week.

Have a good day everyone.
Red :heartpump: xx

EDIT: Just input my stats and noticed I've now lost 10% of my body weight! :)

Last edited:
wow it was great reading your diary.. i myself have been tested this weekend, and i felt very deprived but it is my totm and also ive only just started the cruise phase so its all new.

its so hard when there are chips and battered sausages, or pizza, and all that kind of food being bandied about, somehow i managed to avoid it and make up a batch of dukan chocolate, but only had a few pieces as i really would prefer to avoid tolerated foods if possible or limit them in as much as possible.

it really helped reading your post about totm and going out. i too opted for a chicken and bacon salad, but i didnt enjoy it at all, esp when my oh had yummy lasagne.. but its all for the bigger picture!

great reading!

Well Auntie Flo has arrived this afternoon, and boy do I know it! :(
I really didn't fancy going for my walk today, but dragged myself out at about 4pm and went for my 30 minutes.
I'm so glad I did it as I've not missed a day yet. :)

Hey Redheart. How great that you have now lost 10% of your body weight and you did loose weight coming up to the visit from Auntie Flo. Maybe this week you will loose a bit more. Is your next goal to be half way there? I have never managed to keep up the walking thing, found it too hard to fit in. I am active though and am constantly on the move all day. I guess I did my walk around London :)

Just realised who Auntie Flo is (DUH!) and here was I thinking that RH had unwelcome visitors... (well I suppose she has!!).

As for fitting the walking thing in, I started by putting my alarm clock half an hour earlier... and then an hour! With Dukan, I find I sleep less anyway, and the 5-7km power walk to work sets me up brilliantly for the day (and I'm not awake enough to talk myself out of it!) ;)

I wish, hubby gets up and leaves at ridiculous o'clock. So I would have to be up before him and back before he leaves. There is no amount of will in the world that is going to make that happen :eek:

back before he leaves because of little ones?

my 4 and 5 year olds take care of themselves fortunately!

(probably because they each have four paws)

Yes I have a 3.5 year old blessing. It's why it is hard to fit in a walk during the day because she can't walk fast although can walk quite far. Only time is when she is in bed and I feel vulnerable walking around the heath/estate on my own (which I know is silly but it makes it feel so uncomfortable). Excuses, excuses I know I hear them too. I can't see me walking at 5am and feeling any better about it than 7-8pm.

I hear you... I think you need to borrow a dog ;).

I used to feel a bit daft, but in the city no one really minds what anyone else does. In the country, though, I know that people wonder what the heck I'm up to! No one walks anywhere! And there go I, out in to the fields, for a stomp! I do feel better after it!

Is 30 mins at lunchtime an option perhaps?

Lunchtime walk I still have the little one so no chance of anything fast. I timed a walk once and pretty much it is up to the shops and back for 25 mins walk at a decent pace. When I do it with the little one it takes way longer but we do that at least 3 times a week. I am a full time mum so no break until hubby gets home which is dinner time, which we all eat together. Then little upstairs for a bath which is hubby's time and I did try and fit a walk in at this point but I found it really stressful and not pleasant as all I could think of was all the things I needed to do and also hubby runs over with the bathtime if I am not there telling him to get a move on. I really did not like walking over the heath on my own as it is easy to get lost or someone jump out at you. Yes I need to borrow a dog!

Or, perhaps get a harness type thing, and strap the little one onto your shoulders! (Just think of the extra calories you'll be burning!!).

:D

Back