ReducingRach's Resolutions

Hi everyone,

Thanks for dropping by to look at this. Best of luck with your own journeys.

For years I've been wishing I was slim and nothings changed (surprise surprise ;)). Clearly I need to set myself a goal, but as the end target seems too big at the moment I thought I'd break it down a bit....

GOALS
  1. Get out of the obese BMI range
  2. Lose 10%
  3. Run a 5 k fun run
  4. Walk a long distance path
  5. Get my BMI below 27
  6. Get my BMI in the normal range
  7. Run a 10 k race
  8. Wear a dress on my birthday in July
Weekly update : Week 1
  1. Weight loss: 3lb
  2. Type of days: 4 Green, 3 EE
  3. Days 100% on plan: 6
  4. Average syns: 11.6
  5. Days exercise: 2 (1x 30m jog, 1x4hr hillwalk....both nearly killed me ;))
  6. New recipes
  • Matrimony deluxe (fab name for a yummy tropical fruit salad, 2.5 syns)
  • Smoked mackerel pate (delish)
  • EE free beef stew (OK so I adapted and added syns....beef HAS to be done in guiness in my book, but it only made it 2 syns)
  • Syn free rice pudding....jury is out on this one, may need to try again
Key point to remember
  1. EE only 1 HEA and 1 HEB
  2. Bought soups are crazily high in syns
  3. Smoked mackerel has syns
  4. TINY (not Mini as I said initially...thanks to Jennibells below) toblerones are fab at 1.5 syns :)
Good intentions for next week
  1. Be more active
  2. Try a red day
  3. Reduce portion size
  4. Continue to plan in advance
  5. Think about how to manage long weekend away.....yikes!
If I stick to all that I'll be well and truly polishing my halo ;)

Last edited:
i was really excited to read that mini toblerone were 1.5syn but i looked it up and it came as this :(

Toblerone, Milk, 12.5g mini bar 3½

Hi Jennibells

Well spotted.... I know I called them
Mini, which is what they look like to me, but they are actually called Tiny toblerone (6 g each, 3 little pieces & come in a big box of White, milk & dark). When i checked on the sw website it said 1.5 each. Sorry for the confusion.... So much for my attempt at a helpful first post ;-)

What chocolate treats do you like?

Woo hoo....just done a half hour run and a yummy tea of cauldron sausages, roast parsnips and sweet potato is in the oven to go alongside a cheese and mushroom omlette followed by a HEX B cereal bar and late a 2 finger kit kat....all within daily allowance.

Think I'm on a beginners roll...I'm sure it will get harder as the weeks go by.

Weekly update : Week 2
  1. Weight loss: 2lb
  2. Type of days: 4 Green, 2 EE, 1 Red
  3. Days 100% on plan: 5
  4. Average syns: 19.4 (oops!)
  5. Days exercise: 2x 30m jog
  6. New recipes
  • Magic porridge YUM Great for those early morning starts
  • SW Beef goulash. Delish :)
  • Lamb Dhansak Great curry sauce
  • Carrot, Lentil and corriander soup. So substantial...and free...result!
  • Key point to remember
  1. EE need to eat a third superfree
  2. Butternut squash is free on both....great for when I want roasties on a red day
  3. I'm more likely to syn when tired....early to bed is my new goal!
Good intentions for next week

Pretty much the same as last week. Particular focus on not going mad on weekend away, but not being obsessed either ;-) Plan to reduce syns in weekdays to try to compensate in advance.

Inspiration of the week
Type one man's 120 pound journey into youtube and watch the first video. Amazing.

Really pleased with myself today as I fitted comfortably into a skirt I bought in October and had never worn because it was too tight :)

Just a quick update as I've been away.

I've put on 4lb this week, (yikes), taking me almost back to where I started. I'd expected a gain as I've been off plan for 4 days due to being away, although for about half the time I tried to choose SW compliant options eg jacket with vegi salad, but I had no idea of syn values of things.

Although I've done no formal Exercise, I've walked much further each day.

I'm hoping that some of the gain will be due to fluid retention & I'm going to be extra good this week & see how I go.

On a plus point, although I feel bloated today I still fit comfortably into the skirt mentioned above, and when I wore it on fri a stranger came up to me and said it was a gorgeous skirt :) I also now fit comfortably into my old jeans, so
It's all a bit odd this week.

Hitting the slimming self-destruct button!

Hmmm, well I've not exactly been sticking to the plans outlined above. What happened? Well, after having a thoroughly enjoyable weekend away when I was generally pretty good, I then became despondent about having put weight on. Logically I knew most of it would be fluid rather than fat, but rather than just accepting that and getting back on track, I got sidetracked by thoughts telling me there was no point if a few small treats had such a bad impact. So a week later I was totally off plan, grumpy and frustrated with myself, and hitting the chocolate to cheer myself up. Clearly not the most helpful strategy ;-)

Then on Saturday we went for a hill walk and it was a stunning day. I was knackered, but it really reminded me why I want to do this. So kinda back on track I was back down to 13st 9lb on Mon.

This week I've jogged 5 k twice so am pleased with that, but I've not really been planning my meals. Breakfast and tea has been fine, but lunches I still struggle with....particularly if I'm not prepared and need to buy something, or if OH accidentally eats the lunch I'd prepared! I've also still been overdoing the sweet things, so need to get sorted with fruit salad and yoghurts at the ready at all times.

So what now?
Well, I obviously need to plan more, but I'm also wondering whether weighing in less often may actually work better for me, or whether it may be the start of a slippery slope? I also need to get back to writing things down, as that really helps.

Back