refeed nd alcohol

Blow Fish

I have sum people coming to mine for fod etc. I started refeeding yesterday so will be on day 4 when they come over. Was thinking of making low fat chillie nd a veggi one too. Just was wondering what impact a glass or two (literally) would have on me? Would i just suck up that glycogen nd weigh shedloads at my next weigh in on wednesday? Was thinking of going back to day 1 of refeed for a couple of days after? Duno. I am having to refeed anyway as i go on holiday in 2 wks so don't want to stuff everything up. Ahh! Wat to do? Would literally b two glasses with food. Would it help if i ate very little that day- but enough. Would I be doing myself a favour going bwck to day 1 for a couple of days or not make much difference? Help and advice greatly needed from the wisdom of the lipotrimions.

Can you really just drink two glasses? Now that's willpower!

I thinks so, even if its on thr grounds of not wishing to make an a#$e of myself- figured it ne drunk with two! Just dont want it to be completely obvious nd i wantd to do something normal wiv my friends aft3r 6 weeks of avoiding them!!!!!

hey ya,

not being a drinker I've not had this challenge before. However i do know the no alcohol thing until after 2 weeks of re-feed is not because of the weight gain. It is to do with your glycogen levels and drinking can be really really dangerous and can make you poorly.

I am sure someone else has a lot more info on this. but my advice stick to non alcohol I really don't think 4 days is enough.

enjoy the night, whatever you decide to do xx

ahhh i knew I'd seen it somewhere.... hope this helps

Link found: Post-exercise ketosis, ketone bodies

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol!

I have sum people coming to mine for fod etc. I started refeeding yesterday so will be on day 4 when they come over. Was thinking of making low fat chillie nd a veggi one too. Just was wondering what impact a glass or two (literally) would have on me? Would i just suck up that glycogen nd weigh shedloads at my next weigh in on wednesday? Was thinking of going back to day 1 of refeed for a couple of days after? Duno. I am having to refeed anyway as i go on holiday in 2 wks so don't want to stuff everything up. Ahh! Wat to do? Would literally b two glasses with food. Would it help if i ate very little that day- but enough. Would I be doing myself a favour going bwck to day 1 for a couple of days or not make much difference? Help and advice greatly needed from the wisdom of the lipotrimions.

Personally I'd be extremely careful. It states in BIG BOLD WRITING on the refeed sheet that no alcohol is to be taken. It would be a shame to spoil all the hard word for the sake of a couple of glasses. The other problem will be once that 2nd glass goes down and everyone else drinking and being merry will it stop at those 2 ?

It's your call but personally for the sake of a glass or 2 I'd rather not take the risk.

Can you get alcohol free wine, like alcohol free lager?

If you can, would that be better for you?

Back