Renaming forum

Starlight

Gold Member
We're aware people are struggling to get Orlistat just now and it seems Xenical are no longer the only distributers. Rather than cause confusion to new members we have decided to rename the Xenical forum and are looking for your thoughts on it

Would just calling it Orlistat be confusing?
Do you think on the whole people know Xenical is the brand for Orlistat and it could be mentioned in the forum blurb that it can be Xenical/Teva and any other brands which you're aware of

Would it be better having Orlistat (aka Xenical). Or would you suggest anything else which would make it clear.

Thoughts??

Last edited:
Hi starlight . Strange but I was thinking about this yesterday. Most of us haven't had any for months with just the odd box trickling through the system. The latest news appears to be September will be D Day for it returning to normal.
The problem is that although the people taking xen and the pharmacies seem to know about the issues the GP's don't and carry on prescribing to new people who then can't get it.
It might be better to wait on renaming until we know for definate whether we can start to get it again. If it goes totally then I agree we will need a new name but until then can we leave it as it is so that totally new starters can still find us and we can explain the issues with supply.
Thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Orlistat would be a truer reflection definately. As supplies trickle through it does seem to be Teva. I've not heard of anyone actually getting Xenical itself

As Orlistat is, and always has been, the name of the actual drug, then I think renaming the forum Orlistat is a very sensible idea. x

As the name of the actual drug is, and always has been, Orlistat, I agree that renaming the forum Orlistat is a very sensible idea. x

Hi Starlight

I think it should be renamed Orlistat as that covers whatever brand people may manage to get..... My last 3 boxes before I came off were Teva & I know from a friend who's a pharmacy asst that is all they are getting in....

Ooh Lexie you're popular. :) not sure why kayee prefers you over the rest of us who said orlistat before you though. I think it's favouritism :) lol

toofatkat said:
Ooh Lexie you're popular. :) not sure why kayee prefers you over the rest of us who said orlistat before you though. I think it's favouritism :) lol

:eek:) lol xx

That would explain why the link on my favourites didnt work this morning hehe, name change! Good idea tho, I agree with the Orlistat. (not that it makes much difference now, day too late lol) x

Back