Returning after a year and plus a few pounds

dreamingmaid

Silver Member
Hey all,
as the title says I am joining cd again after over a years absense.
I did well at maintaining for a few months but various social occasions led me to start slowly gaining again.
Tried various means inbetween times to lose weight but the only thing that has ever worked for me is cd.
So here I am possibly 2.5 stones over my goal weight and I have my first meeting with CDC tonight to start tomorrow. Excited and nervous all rolled into one.

Hi,
Have you gained all the weight you lost?
It's so hard, when your slim you feel souch better and look much much better, you think you'll never let yourself get like that again, but somehow you do.
Next time I will nip it in the bud at 6lbs rather than wait till it's 3st6lb!
Well good luck, are you seeing your old CDC? Or new one?
X

Hi,
Have you gained all the weight you lost?
It's so hard, when your slim you feel souch better and look much much better, you think you'll never let yourself get like that again, but somehow you do.
Next time I will nip it in the bud at 6lbs rather than wait till it's 3st6lb!
Well good luck, are you seeing your old CDC? Or new one?
X

Hi, no I gained about half of it back. Originally lost over 5 stones and you are right, I felt great. I even binned all my larger clothes because I was adament I would never return to
my old ways. Alas, I have had to buy bigger sizes everytime I gain more weight.
Same with you?

I'm seeing my previous CDC, not sure what plan to follow yet. I did very well on the 810 plan and it gave me something to look forward to each day.

Good luck hun

U know you can do it!

Keep in mind how good it felt to get to goal!

Xxx

Hi Dreaming Maid, your story sounds exactly the same as mine, even down to the amount of weight you lost the first time and the amount you have to lose now..... I have also tried various other ways to get back to goal, I even managed with weightwatchers back in March, but again I put weight back on plus more so have had just over 2.5 stone to lose, which is now down to 2 stone, so it can be done. Good luck on this journey.

Hey Greeneyes,
I remember you from the cd maintenance part of the forum, I even think we reached goal at about the same time. I'm sure I posted on your thread a couple of times.
Looks like we have very similar stats, I'm so glad you managed to get back on track with cd. I've tried a couple of times but always self sabotaged. Not this time though.

I know I can do it, but so often I have this mental battle going on in my head.

I thought I remembered you dreaming maid, and yes this is my 3rd restart, I always failed on day 5, but not this time...... good luck!! Think how much smaller we will be by Christmas. I am now fitting back into my size 14 jeans comfortably.... although I was in an 8/10 when I reached goal so that is where I am going back to!!

Welcome back and good luck with your weight loss.

I thought I remembered you dreaming maid, and yes this is my 3rd restart, I always failed on day 5, but not this time...... good luck!! Think how much smaller we will be by Christmas. I am now fitting back into my size 14 jeans comfortably.... although I was in an 8/10 when I reached goal so that is where I am going back to!!

Bloomin eck, how similiar were we!
I was a size 10 in most things but sometimes a size 8 in tops. I shopped for nice new clothes all the time. Now im roughly a size 16. I think the lowest weight i got to was 9st 12lb but 10stones was my goal weight.
Just seen my councillor and am now 12st 9lbs :(

Ooooer how scary, I also got down to 9 stone 12lbs, I was 12st 9lbs on my scales when I first started CD this time, but 12 stones 13.8 on hers.... I am now hovering around 12stone on mine and probably a bit more on hers....

Aaarrgghh and you live in Essex too.....

Haha! Essex bird through and through. I know maldon so well. I love taking my kids to the splash park just by the estuary there.

Think i will be posting regularly to keep my mind and hands off food.

Last edited:
Back