Rhubarb and Spinach Ideas PLEASE x

Veggie Dieter

Silver Member
Morning everyone

As I will be eating my Lindt Easter Egg on Sunday, gave up choc for lent, I have bought loads of fresh healthy new things for me to eat and two of them are spinach and rhubarb - could someone please give me some ideas on how to cook / what to eat with, im aware that rhubarb are syn valued when cooked bout i was thinking of stewing it and them when cool adding to ff yogurt or quark, any advice please?

Thanks for reading and have a healthy easter.

Veggie Dieter said:
Morning everyone

As I will be eating my Lindt Easter Egg on Sunday, gave up choc for lent, I have bought loads of fresh healthy new things for me to eat and two of them are spinach and rhubarb - could someone please give me some ideas on how to cook / what to eat with, im aware that rhubarb are syn valued when cooked bout i was thinking of stewing it and them when cool adding to ff yogurt or quark, any advice please?

Thanks for reading and have a healthy easter.

I love rhubarb but never actually bought it fresh s ideas for me would be welcome too.

As for spinach I chuck it n everything ...stuff peppers, cheese (quark) and spinach cannaloni, it's great put in at the end of making curries (butternut squash, red lentil and spinach curry) syn free quiches I stick it in, uncooked as salad, stirred into pasta sauces, to made sagg aloo (Indian potato and spinach side dish)

:)

My favourite dinner is with spinach, and it's dead easy to cook. It's spinach, bacon and creme fraiche pasta.

Serves 2

200g of pasta (wholewheat)

A big bag of spinach

Pack of bacon (I use extra lean because I can't be bothered with faffing around!) cut into pieces (I do this part why through as it's easier)

A tub of weight Watchers Creme Fraiche (5 syns for half)

1. Cook the pasta
2. While this is cooking, fry up the bacon
3. Add the spinach until wilted
4. Drain the pasta
5. Put the bacon / spinach mix in
6. Stir in the creme fraiche

Done! :) You can cram loads of superfree foods too or serve it with a salad

Sent by magic from my HTC Desire

Back