Ria-Lou's round 2 - Determind to get the weight off this year!

Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit poorly :( fingers crossed it will pass quickly.

I always struggle for lunch ideas but I have to make good ones or I don't stay on plan! What plan are you doing at the moment? If you're on SW there is a lunches tread that can be quite inspiring? x

Thanks pip, it seems to have gone off a bit now so I'm hoping it might just have been that I wasnt very hungry and had to force it in.

I've found some from there too so hopefully the newbies can find them too.
xxxx

You need to get that freezer emptied mrs and not fill it up with anything naughty :) Looking at your food it is the ONLY time (in the week - but hey we all love weekends) where you are off plan

xxxx

:( hope you feel better soon hun! It's rubbish when you feel icky.

I'm a huge fan of leftovers for lunches, saves having to cook/make something extra to what i've made for tea anyway! :)

I know Jessy baby, I keep telling Ian we need to be more healthier but we keep a bit of comfort food in just for days when we need a 'hug' We've said that we'll be having a look through our healthy books and pick meals we want to try and then we can keep up the good work.

xxx

I know Jessy baby, I keep telling Ian we need to be more healthier but we keep a bit of comfort food in just for days when we need a 'hug' We've said that we'll be having a look through our healthy books and pick meals we want to try and then we can keep up the good work.

xxx

I think changing that relationship with food is a good start (I still have it though haha) Maybe as a hug watch a favourite film or have a bath together or something non food related ;) xxxx

I think changing that relationship with food is a good start (I still have it though haha) Maybe as a hug watch a favourite film or have a bath together or something non food related ;) xxxx

I'm trying to change it myself , We're not too bad generally but when we are bad, we are very bad!! :ashamed0005:

oooh cheeky monkey - but then maybe that will help with the mini's!!!!!!!!
xxxxxx

Last edited:
I'm trying to change it myself as sometimes Ian can't be bothered, We're not too bad generally but when we are bad, we are very bad!! :ashamed0005:

oooh cheeky monkey - but then maybe that will help with the mini's!!!!!!!!
xxxxxx

It makes me forget about food!!! :') xxxx

24.2.jpg24.2.1.jpg24.2.2.jpg24.2.3.jpg24.2.4.jpg

Ok here goes - 1st - 2009 when we got married 12.7, 2nd - March 2011 - honeymoon cruise to the caribbean 13.7, 3rd - Sept 2012 - back down to 13st, 4th - June 2013 - holiday to Cala Bona back up to 13.7, last one - the one that set me back off on the 'Get it off campaign' April 2015 up to the biggest I've ever been 14.

Last edited:
I know Jessy baby, I keep telling Ian we need to be more healthier but we keep a bit of comfort food in just for days when we need a 'hug' We've said that we'll be having a look through our healthy books and pick meals we want to try and then we can keep up the good work. xxx

Why don't you make your own meals that have that comfort feeling and freeze them? It would save you time and money and would keep you on plan xx

Why don't you make your own meals that have that comfort feeling and freeze them? It would save you time and money and would keep you on plan xx

Oooh thats a good idea - what meals with the comfort feeling do you have?
xx

Chillies and curries are good for me but I don't keep anything processed in at all so I have no choice but eat good wholesome food. Spend some time looking for meals you both really enjoy and ditch the stashed freezer junk so you have to stay on plan :) xx

Well Ian doesn't like curry so if I make one, I can have it to myself, I normally try and cook an extra lot of bolognese and stick that in the freezer. I'm a bit rubbish when it comes to knowing if it's ok to freeze things and then how long to leave them for, before defrosting them and eating them
x

I'm with pippa on the freezing thing... we freeze everything. Every so often we batch cook a coupleof dishes, ususally between chilli, bolognaise, lasagne, shepherd's pie. I've frozen a few curries too, and we froze eztra portions of a sausage casserole last week.
Soups are a good one, although I would avoid freezing leek & potato... last time we did that, it didn't turn out so well when I defrosted it!

We even freeze the bolognaise with linguine so it's easier to take to work, plus I don't have to use syns on the microwaveable rices.

That's decided then girlies, this Saturday Ian is at football, so I'm going to batch cook some stuff and put it in the freezer. I've previously frozen some tomato, veg and lentil soup but wouldn't do this again, as it doesn't turn out so good once it's defrosted.

Thank you for helping to keep me on the straight line - that's why I wouldn't be able to do it without all your help and support.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

HUMP day!!!

It's finally Wednesday peoples - Not long till the weekend.
I'm a bit more prepared today for eats but stocks are running low so it might have to be a trip to the supermarket this week.

After some lovely advice from you all, I've decided that if we go before Saturday, I'm going to do a bit of batch cooking to help keep me on the straight and narrow.
I've so far thought about SW Bolognese, Chilli, Pasta bake and possibly a curry - I need to look in my books and stuff for ideas and ingredients etc.

Pre b - x2 hot lemon water
B - 35g bran flakes, raspberries and skimmed milk
x2 white coffees
L - Salmon fillet, avocado and rice fusion, WWatcher yogurt
S - Apple
T - Pasta Bolognese - which leftovers will be tomorrows lunch.

It's Thursday peoples!

Well I don't quiet know what was with me yesterday but by the time I got home, I literally had not an ounce of energy left, so bless him Ian had painted the rest of the spare room, cooked tea, washed the pots and sorted out the washing. :love:

I feel much better today but think that AF is beginning to make an appearance - just in time for the weekend - brill!!!

Today's eats;-

Pre B - hot lemon water
B - all bran golden crunch, skimmed milk
x1 white coffee
L- Leftover Bolognese - x1 portion in the freezer!!
S - apple and W Watcher yogurt and a Hi-fi (friend delivery again bless her!)
T - Grill up night - bacon, x1 pork and leek sausage, poached eggs and beans

Hope everyone has a lovely day
xx

Well as it's been quiet here today and it's dragged, I've been sat doing a menu for next Mon/Tues/Weds while Ian is away in Birmingham.

Saturday I'm going to the supermarket to stock up, then when I get home, I'm spending the afternoon batch cooking, I'm going to do SW chilli, more bolognese (coz we both eat that) and maybe a chicken curry.

Monday plans are:-
B - Bran flakes, banana
L - Crab stick salad - going to try and pack more colours and flavours in like grated carrot, cherry toms, sweetcorn, cucumber, peppers, beetroot
T - Chilli and rice
S - Fruit, Hi-fi

Tuesday
B - Overnight oats
L - Stuffed Jacket potatoes or quiche
T - Chicken stir fry
S - Fruit, yogurt

Wednesday
B - Yogurt and mixed fruit
L - Chicken salad - again like Mon - going to try and pack lots of colours
T - Bolognese I think as not sure what time I'll be picking him up.
S - Hi-fi, fruit.

Sounds like a good meal plan to me. Try and have brown rice over white and natural/greek yoghurt if you can :) xxxx.

Back