Right I've had enough... please help me...

Oh boy can I identify with you!

For the last few months I have been on self destruct mode eating and drinking all sorts of crap and the weight was piling on at a rate of knots but I just have not been able to stop.

On Friday morning I stepped on the scales for the first time in about a month and I was about 20lbs more than I thought I was!

I knew I had to do something starting there and then because if I waited till Monday I would be over 18stone and I just couldn't face that. I decided to low carb to try and get the crap out of my system and clear my head. It is so much easier to get into ketosis when you can eat real food and I knew that as we had plans for the weekend I would not be able to ss.

I have to say it is going really well. On Mon morning I was 6lbs down but more importantly I feel loads better have more energy and just feel a lot less depressed and more positive. I have decided to continue to low carb till Friday then I'm going to start introducing packs over the weekend and hopefully will start ss(or 810) next Monday.

Anyway I seemed to have rambled on as usual but I just wanted you to know I understand exactly where your at and tell you what seems to be working at the moment for me.

take care

Jac

Big hugs nikki, you can do it, you've done it before and you know how fab that feeling of feeling slimmer is. The way you are describing how you feel is exactly how i felt as i started this diet, i was so miserable and unhappy and took everything out on my family. i realise now what an affect my weight has on my mood and i don't want it to be like that anymore.

You can do it and we're all here for you whenever you need a bit of help or just a chat.

lots of luck

I've decided because of all the crap I have been eating, I am going to low carb down to Monday, and start after all the family things over the weekend, think this will work better. Will have a CD shake in work and a low carb meal etc for lunch and tea.. I know it seems like I am copping out but I'm not, I am determined to do this!!

Love

Whatever works for you Nikki. I started back on this journey but "atkins-ing" over a weekend and then went straight onto the shakes on Monday. Even now if I feel tempted I'll buy some cooked ham and munch it in the carpark!!

Good luck hun!

I've decided because of all the crap I have been eating, I am going to low carb down to Monday, and start after all the family things over the weekend, think this will work better. Will have a CD shake in work and a low carb meal etc for lunch and tea.. I know it seems like I am copping out but I'm not, I am determined to do this!!

Love
I believe we've had to stop you putting yourself down before.

Low carbing followed by adding some CD as a stepped way into SS-ing & ketosis is NOT a cop out. Infact if you read the Cambridge handbook you will find that it is the preffered way of getting into ketosis, or any other plan.
On top of that if 'life' has stuck it's head round the door in the shape of family socials over the W/E you can't be blamed for that either.

It looks like I might have to send Slushy over with a pat on the back for you. I'm really pleased the 2 of you have buddied up & wish you both success. In Slushies case if she's not good I may have to be stern with her. Nikki, i wish you plain sailing into next week

Hi Nikki

Jane told me you'd posted, sorry I missed it originally, but better late than never!!!!:)

Have yourself a great weekend with your family.

As Jane has said in no way are you copping out, your being very sensible cutting down on carbs to prepare for ssing.

It's great that you have paired up with Slushy, perhaps you could do a joint diary with her as we did. I know it helped me having you there with me and perhaps if you weren't I would have caved. So I owe you many thanks :flowers:

Starting a diary with Slushy may bring back the determination again, you were going great guns, it was so unfortunate that you became poorly.

Sending you huge hugs

Tracey
xxx

Back