Rikki's Diary

Having ditched the Lipotrim in favourof low carb low cal, here is the first entry in my food diary.

Monday 9th July.

Breakfast. Large mug coffee .

Lunch. Handful mixed green salad, 1/2 small red pepper, 2 " portion cucumber, 6oz tin sardines in tomato sauce. total carbs.9g Kcals. 215

Dinner. 1/2 Birds Eye Chicken hotpot (left the potatoes) 1/2 cup green cabbage, 1/2 cup brocolli, 1/2 cup cauliflower. Total carbs 26g Kcal 225

Fluids ; 2.5 litres water, 3 large black coffees.

Daily total ; Carbs. 34g Kcal 440

Works out roughly the same/slightly less than Lipotrim and much tastier.:p

Hopefully this will be the diet to get me to my first goal, which is to be under the 20st marker by Christmas.

:character00115: Gonna order my exercise bike tomorrow... watch those pounds fall off..lol...

hiya Rikki
welcome to minimins
you have got everything worked out as to how to stay in ketosis,so I will just wish you luck with your diet, would be a good idea to invest in a good multi vit as I dont think you will get 100% of what you need from eating such small amounts
good luck mate
nat xx:)

Tuesday 10th July

Breakfast ; Large coffee 2 sweeteners

Lunch ; 1 portion Seeds of Change Minestrone Soup
214 kcal, 19.7g carbs
1 x Ryvita multigrain rice cake
15 kcal, 3 g carbs

Dinner ; 1 portion (4 oz) Tilapia fillet (fish)
155kcal, 0g carbs
1/2 cup cooked Bulgar wheat
76 kcal, 12.9g carbs
Handful mixed Green salad
15kcal, 2g carbs
1/2 small red pepper
10 kcal, 2g carbs
2" portion cucumber
10 kcal, 2g carbs

Fluids ; 2.5 litres water, 3 large decaf coffees.

Other; 1 multivitamin with added Vitamin C

Noticed my jeans were loose today... yippee ... and someone commented that I had lost 2 of my 3 chins....roflmao:p

Hugs

Rikki:bliss:

dt2525252Dpurplebugchallenge2525252.gif

welcome to the group
good luck on your diet
kaz :D

Hiya.

I love your menus they sound delicious! Good luck on the weight loss journey. I'm sure if you carry on like you are you will reach all your goals and then some!!!

Well, I got my exercise bike yesterday, and managed to do about 15 minutes at a steady 25km per hour.. not bad for me, lol, this time last year I couldn't get up the stairs without wheezing, so giving up fags was a good thing (now been an ex smoker for just over a year)

Feeling a bit tired today, but that might have something to do with the fact that my youngest didn't let me sleep much last night..:nightf:

Todays menu, well, I had this urge for a fry up,:drool: so went to the supermarket looking for the healthiest, low cal/low carb options...

Breakfast; Large mug of coffee, 2 sweeteners. 1 multivitamin

Lunch; 1 x Quorn sausage 57kcal, 2.5g carb
2 x Quorn rashers 42kcal, 2.5g carbs
2 x scrambled egg whites, 34kcal, 0.6g carbs
1/4 tin heinz beans 75kcal, 13.6g carbs

Dinner; Handful mixed green salad, 15 kcal, 2g carb
3 small button mushrooms 9kcal, 1.4g carbs
1/2 small yellow pepper; 10kcal, 2g carbs
4oz tinned tuna in spring water, 84kcal 0g carbs
2 x Ryvita multigrain rice cakes; 30 kcal, 6g carbs

Fluid; 2.5 litres water, 3 large coffees.

Daily total; 356 kcal 30.6g carbs

Funny thing is, I'm eating small amounts but don't feel hungry.. checked my ketones earlier and they were +++...

I'm eating less than on Lipotrim and actually enjoying it too.. planning my days menu and actually being able to prepare the food is so therapeutic for me.
I love to cook, and someone once told me, never trust a skinny chef... I think it might have been my dad, and he should have known, he was a chef on the Queen Mary back in the late 60's and then at the Grand Hotel in Manchester.
Cooking is such an important part of my life, and being on Lipotrim, it was awful cos I couldn't cook...:cry:, anyway, I'm enjoying my diet, and don't feel like I am on a diet.... which is brill!!!:eat:

Anyway... it's that time of evening when the youngest ones are starting to get tired and need changing into pj's ready for bed..

As for me?.. Way I feel, I shall be having an early night tonight too....:nightf:

TTFN

Hugs

Rikki

Back