Roasted red pepper and mint dip

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Amber34, 21 October 2007 Social URL.

1. Amber34

Amber34 Full Member

I just had this come through on an email from The South Beach Diet. I absolutely adore dips, because I am on Cambridge, I can't eat them, :cry:but it sounds delicious!

I might have a go at making it for my OH, but if anyone tries it before then, please post your comments.

Roasted Red Pepper, Feta, and Mint Dip</B>

Serve this full-flavored dip with crunchy raw veggies like cucumber slices, broccoli florets, and red pepper sticks. In Phase 2, you can also enjoy them with warm
    whole-wheat pita or whole-grain crackers.

Makes about 1 3/4 cups

1 (12-ounce) bottle roasted red peppers, drained, rinsed, and chopped
    1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
    4 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese
    4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
    1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
    3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
    2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
    1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    Salt, as desired
    Combine red peppers and garlic in food processor or blender. Pulse until well blended. Add remaining ingredients, except salt; process until blended but still thick. Add salt and additional lemon juice to taste. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve cold.
    Make-Ahead Tip: Dip can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
    Nutritional Information
    47 calories
    2 g protein
    4 g carbohydrate
    0 g fiber
    2 g total fat
    1 g saturated fat
    5 mg cholesterol
    239 mg sodium
    Last edited: 21 October 2007
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. jane

jane Opinionated

Sounds like a really nice dip.i love roasted sweet peppers.
    Q1; as it's primary ingredient is peppers ( not to mention the mint or garlic) how come the Fibre content is Zero?
    Q2: as the seasoning is 'salt to taste' how can they quote a known sodium content?
  4. Amber34

Amber34 Full Member

LOL - they're really good points!

I wonder if peppers without the skin (as they are usually when they are packed in jars) have less fibre content? Even though - they would have more than nil!

As for the sodium - well, your guess is as good as mine! Perhaps if I was doing this diet, I would drop them an email and ask. What I will do, however, is look out for more of their recipes and play 'spot the anomolly'.
  5. jane

jane Opinionated

sounds like a great game.
    Are the rules similar to hunt the inconsistancy & point out the paradox?
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.