Roasted red pepper and mint dip

Amber34

I just had this come through on an email from The South Beach Diet. I absolutely adore dips, because I am on Cambridge, I can't eat them, :cry:but it sounds delicious!

I might have a go at making it for my OH, but if anyone tries it before then, please post your comments.

Roasted Red Pepper, Feta, and Mint Dip</B>

Serve this full-flavored dip with crunchy raw veggies like cucumber slices, broccoli florets, and red pepper sticks. In Phase 2, you can also enjoy them with warm
whole-wheat pita or whole-grain crackers.

Makes about 1 3/4 cups

Ingredients
1 (12-ounce) bottle roasted red peppers, drained, rinsed, and chopped
1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
4 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese
4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Salt, as desired
Instructions
Combine red peppers and garlic in food processor or blender. Pulse until well blended. Add remaining ingredients, except salt; process until blended but still thick. Add salt and additional lemon juice to taste. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve cold.
Make-Ahead Tip: Dip can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
Nutritional Information
47 calories
2 g protein
4 g carbohydrate
0 g fiber
2 g total fat
1 g saturated fat
5 mg cholesterol
239 mg sodium

Last edited:
Sounds like a really nice dip.i love roasted sweet peppers.
Q1; as it's primary ingredient is peppers ( not to mention the mint or garlic) how come the Fibre content is Zero?
Q2: as the seasoning is 'salt to taste' how can they quote a known sodium content?

LOL - they're really good points!

I wonder if peppers without the skin (as they are usually when they are packed in jars) have less fibre content? Even though - they would have more than nil!

As for the sodium - well, your guess is as good as mine! Perhaps if I was doing this diet, I would drop them an email and ask. What I will do, however, is look out for more of their recipes and play 'spot the anomolly'.

sounds like a great game.
Are the rules similar to hunt the inconsistancy & point out the paradox?

Back