Rona's Dukan Diary

hey fay dont worry i tend to munch most of the night on protien stuff but not every night !!!

well done on the 3/4 pound !!!

Last edited:
methinks if you need to snack before going to bed that you're not having enough tea?

Well done on the loss. Maybe eat a little later in the evening if that's possible, should help with the food urges later on.

I know, I just need to stop myself eating in the evening. I'm sure I don't really need it - just worry in case I starve in the night :D:D
On PV today but not very organised so haven't had a lot of veg. Oat/wheatbran pancakes for breakfast; chicken in chicken stock for lunch; cherry toms (that I forgot at lunchtime) and SF jelly and yog at afternoon teabreak. For tea I've just had some more of the beef I cooked last night and about 1/2 a head of broccoli.
Wondering about raw carrot for PV day snacks. I know root veg isn't the best to have but thought maybe one every other day on PV might be OK as I'm not really that keen on crab sticks!

I know, I just need to stop myself eating in the evening. I'm sure I don't really need it - just worry in case I starve in the night :D:D

I love that comment!! As you say, it's something to wean yourself out of... ironically, not so much for this diet cos it's only protein you're eating anyway, but for "real life" later on when calories will count more.

For snacking on carrots, we are ok to have carrots and beetroot once a day on PV, so if that's your once, why not.

Otherwise, for snacks, I used to buy a pack of chicken thighs... cook them all, freeze them in separate sachets, and grab one a day to defrost... or maybe make a quiche...

Snacking also of course is something we want to stop doing... but I have maintained my 5pm one cos I leave here at 6pm and walk past a lot of tempting shops!!!

Forgot to write down what I had yesterday but it was a PP day so cold chicken and half pancake ration for breakfast, mixture of chicken and beef in stock for lunch but saved some and had with rest of pancakes in the afternoon before went to the gym. Had bacon and egg for tea when I got home.
Walked uphill for 10 mins on the treadmill, rowed for 10 mins and used an arm cycle machine that I've never seen before for 10 mins. Really enjoyed it and signed up for swimming lessons on the way out as I can't do that well enough to call it exercise!
Today went into Norwich shopping and had to park on the 5th floor of the multi storey but used the stairs, which I wouldn't even considered pre-dukan!! Legs like jelly !!
For breakfast I made a gallette and added Schwartz Perfect Shake salad seasoning to the mix and had that with the rest of the bacon - tried to make a wrap but it was more of a foldover - yummy anyway. Lunch was 1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes in juice and some sardines in brine. Haven't decided on tea yet but it will involve some broccoli as its a PV day.

I agree - that's when I used to have my 3 x crabsticks - BUT, in real life later on after Dukan, snacking in front of the TV doesn't tend to involve protein!! alas!! hence I'm glad to be out of the habit (weekdays at least!)

Well, I'm feeling quite peeved as I am only 1/2 pound lighter since coming off Attack.
I am going to try just eating 3 times a day and not snacking except in exceptional circumstances. Today for breakfast I had oat and wheatbran with just enough soya yog to make a porridgy paste. Lean mince & egg cake and a raw carrot for lunch and turkey cooked in chicken stock with tinned toms and broccoli followed by stewed rhubarb and soya yog and thats it! not having anything else tonight!! except water
Also did 20 mins on treadmill uphill at 3 mph and 10 mins on the upper body cycle, - that seems good for the old batwings - or even the old bat's wings :D:D
I will persevere as its got to go sometime! I can't keep eating less - with no alcohol :eek:and not lose something!

hmm... I wonder whether you're eating enough protein... they do say to eat between 1 and 2g of protein per kilo you weigh.

8lbs in two weeks though is a very respectable loss - even if you know most of it came off the first week very quickly.

Have you had many slip ups? On PV days, do you try to respect the 66% protein / 33% veg/salad rule? (Some can get away with more veg, some can't...). And lastly, what alternance are you doing?

If you're really stuck, he'd advise a 2 day strict PP... Would you mind putting quantities down (ie weights of protein) in your menus for a few days... just to get an idea?

At last 1 and 3/4 pounds down this morning!! If it stays off till Friday I will amend my stats!

I was thinking of starting to weigh out everything Jo, but I'll see how I go for now. I have cut out snacks in between meals and in the evening. Also I am doing at least 30 mins on the treadmill in the gym now which I find better than walking the streets as I can really stride out and keep a check that my heart rate is at fat burning level. Trying to get that right really helps the time pass quickly!

ooof that's great re weight loss! I wasn't for a second suggested you cut down... that's often a mistake. I was just wanting to check you weren't having a tonne of salad (as I often did and got away with) or too much dairy (which I never could - he says 1K of dairy, but that's very high and guaranteed to stop weight loss!).

You need to be eating between 1 and 1.5g minimum protein to protect your muscles etc. and at your current weight that'd be more than some of course...

Keep it up! Just shows that daily weighing isn't always the best thing!

For me that would be about 140g of protein per day. Does that mean I need to know the protein content of everything I eat or is it the total weight of the high protein item. eg would a 140g steak be enough or should I be eating however much steak I would need to get 140g of protein?

interesting link here -

Protein - High-Protein Foods and Amount of Protein in Each Food

Shortcut: An ounce of meat or fish has approximately 7 grams of protein.

In reality, unless your weight loss stagnates for a while, I wouldn't worry unduly and count every gramme BUT it's good to be aware of which foods are higher in protein, because the heavier we are, the more we need.

I use myfitnesspal to keep an eye on protein (will also tell you carbs, calories, etc but I'm not bothered about those) and I usually manage about 110 gr per day with no difficulties.

Well done on your loss:).

I have only been doing diet two weeks but I am a fan of spicy foods so am marinating my chicken every night! but trying to get some variety throughout the day, is tough but managing so far, early days tho for me

ooh eck!!

Think I'll work it out for the foods I eat regularly and go from there. I'll do a bit of research on the sites you mentioned.

Off now to the gym for my 30mins walk on the treadmill followed by first swimming lesson! :) :) (I can swim a little bit but not enough to call it exercise)

Back