Rona's Dukan Diary

good luck swimming i love swimming im going back to aquafit next week i lost loads and toned up last time i lost weight doing that

Did I mention I've a pool in my building?!!
(do I go? errrr...)

Enjoyed swimming last night and had a great day today! :):)
4lb lost this week!
Had day off work, met friend for lunch (I ate beforehand so happy with just coffee) and had a good natter.
Then went to Dr SpaFish and had my feet nibbled. They feel lovely and soft now.
Then got text from friend at work to say my contract is to be extended for 6 months. This is good as it will take me up to about a month before I become a fully paid up OAP!

ooh Dr Spafish...!

I saw The Saturdays (well 2 of them) get their feet nibbled on ITV2....

how was it Rona? :) I'm interested but doubt I'd find anything similar north of the watford gap! :)

ooo i had my feet nibbled at a festival in August it was the best 15 mins relax in a while !!! loved it they need doing again but theres nowhere down this way that does it

If you look on their website, Dr SpaFish - Home page there is a list of places where they are planning to open one up, but Norwich is the only one opened so far.
Alotto, there's loads planned for north of the watford gap but don't know where you live so don't know if any are close to you.
Scrumper, I think Southampton or Bristol are going to be your closest.
It was lovely, felt really tingly, just like having your feet in fizzy water. The first tank I had, they didn't do much so they moved me to another one. Perhaps the first lot were tired out or full up! :):) I shall definitely go again next time I'm in Norwich and have 15 mins to spare.

ooh sounds good, is it just relaxing or do they actually take skin off? :eek:...

Scrumper...(Tanya?)... you've mentioned festivals a few times - are you our new resident rock chick? :)

Last edited:
They are opening one in Barnsley Sarah. That's in Yorkshire isn't it? don't know how close to you though.
They do nibble the dead skin off! I get a hard callous on the outside of my big toes and they didn't manage to get it all off but you could see where they had been.
I suppose if you can do it often enough and for long enough, they would get rid of all of it.
The sales pitch is that the effects will last longer than conventional methods. I'd need to try if a few times before I could comment on that!

ooh sounds good :) I'm in Yorkshire Rona, is it just relaxing or do they actually take skin off? :eek:...

Scrumper...(Tanya?)... you've mentioned festivals a few times - are you our new resident rock chick? :)
more of an old hippy lol im not into the big ones like V and reading ect i prefer the little family ones

i will change my avatar tomorrow and its got two of my kids having theirs done

I googled it - had never heard of it. Not sure I fancy it though, I'm a bit precious about my feet being touched in the wrong place:eek:.

morning changed my piccy but you cant see alot ...

Did the kids enjoy it, Tan?

they loved it dyl had loads of fish attack his one foot , sorry attack is the wrong word lol ....i only let them have 5 minutes each just to try it I had the full 15 though !!!

Sad sort of day as my mother-in-law died this afternoon. She was 97 and has been going downhill the last few months and had no quality of life left so mixed feelings. She liked to party but of course hasnt been able to do that for a long time. So all in all I feel a great sense of relief for her. My husband had been with her all day but I just missed her by about half an hour although I finished work early.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Rona...such an awful experience and my thoughts go to your and your husband at this time...find strength within eachother to get through your grief together

xxx

sorry to hear of your loss hun xxx

So sorry to hear of your loss, thinking of you Rona xxx

Thanks for all your kind comments :) It is sad but she was so frail and poorly on Sunday I have to feel grateful that she is now at peace.
The next few days when we have to meet up with other family members to make arrangements and then the funeral will be testing time for me. I will find it very difficult to resist having the odd glass of wine - which could easily turn into the odd bottle!!!
I will just have to get to the gym as often as I can as that is helping to keep me motivated.

Back