rosie's Diary:- the good, bad nd downright ugly!

Hi Rosie

I have been on such a downer these last 3 weeks or so as my husband has decided to end our marriage of 23 years - but one thing that has put a smile on my face everyday has been reading your diary entries and jokes.

I hope one day soon I will be as focused as you and start making the changes I need to build up my self esteem and confidence!

Thanks again - here's to your next diary entry!

Hello, Slimsharrie,
Tho' I have never been married, I have been in a long-term relationship that I got out of when he started beating me up. It started with "little" slaps when I forgot something, like sauce for his chips, and ended with me in hospital with cracked ribs, 2 black eyes and the lowest self esteem I have ever had. As I lay in the hospital bed I made myself a promise, never again would I let a man treat me that way, and never again would I get so demoralised that suicide would be a good option.
Over the years the physical scars went, but the mental scars took longer. It was hard to look at a man without thinking how hard would his fists hurt and to trust one again.
BUT, you do eventually heal, it may take months, it may take years, but it's true that time does heal.
So you may feel like crap now, and for some time to come, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, so hang on!
Right, now for my joke of the day, kindly donated by my son!:-
Bill and Ben were on a roller-coaster. Bill says to Ben "If it turns upside down, will we fall out?"
Ben replies "Don't be bloody silly, we've been friends all our lives!"

I love your upbeat take on life, it makes me smile... :D A big big well done for being SOTW and getting out of the 300's! :)x

Thanks Rosie

I have been feeling a little brighter these last few days - I think I hit rockbottom last week as I realised that this is really what he wants (I have been clinging on to a glimmer of hope that he might change his mind) I even said to him that give me 6 months and I will lose weight (how sad is that to beg). He says it is not me and not about my weight - he says we have had a fantastic 23 years and I am great, it is him he wants his independence and to be on his own. So he is giving it all up and walking away!

I hope I don't hit rockbottom again, I am trying to think of positive things and me for a change.

Joining SW tonight (for the umpteenth time!) this is all part of getting my life/self esteem back - I am only 42 so I have a bit of life left in me and don't want to be a miserable git forever.

sorry for the long post, all part of my therapy I think....

Hello again, Slim sharrie,
you are welcome to come here anytime you want if you need to "talk".

A busy day today, I went and did some therapy of the best kind- shopping! We have a shop in Norwich called Yours, and they sell clothes up to a size 32. They do have a website, so check it out!
I got 4 pairs of trousers and 2 tops for £38! Then I had a pint (of diet coke!) in the pub, with a jacket pot. smothered in baked beans and bacon.
The only down side was that I had my sis with me, you know the one, she's house-proud! She even made the poor barman wipe her glass before he could pour her drink in it!
Then I went home and picked up my son, and we had an enjoyable hour in the cemetery "visiting" my mum and dad, and all our other relatives. Honestly, there are 23 of my relatives in there so it's like a family reunion!
The birds and squirrels were all out in force, and the flowers were fantastic to see.
Luckily the cemetery is only 2 mins away, so when I feel the urge it's easy to visit them all!
Anyway, will leave you with a tip of the day:- When you try on clothes in a shop, make sure the curtains are properly closed or you could end up like me and expose your bum to a shop full!

Hehehe, I'm so anal about the changing room curtains - if it won't close properly I change cubicle!! Love the yours website, it's ace and cheap x

Hi! long time (well, 2 days!) no see, went for a weekend away in my brothers caravan at Skegness!
Had a lovely time, weather was fantastic, and the sea was freezing!
I did all the usual seasidey thing like candy floss, fish an chips, so completely went off the SW rails!
Will prob pay for it at weigh in tomorrow night, but I made the decision to not follow it, so will have to pay the piper!
Thought of the day:- Diets are all in the mind! It's no quick fix to get thin, it's a life long commitment to yourself. So once you have lost the excess weight, you can keep it off, and not pile it back on, with extra.

Glad you had a great weekend, It dosent matter you strayed from the diet, what matters is what you do the next day, I'm sure you'll be fine. I think you weigh in tommorow? You can draw a line under it. Onward and upward!!

Well, after my halo :break_diet: well and truely slipping this weekend, it's back on plan with a vengence!
Altho' I did feel sad, bad and mad tonight, I resisted reaching for the jam doughnuts I got in for my son!
Yes, the love of my life, Norwich City, lost their must win game tonight! It is now 99% certain we will be playing in League 1 next season, unless a miracle happens on the last day of this season! :wave_cry:
Anyway, must go now as 'puter is getting rather hot and the battery may pop at any minute :sigh:
BUT, will leave you with a joke of the day:-
On hearing her elderly grandad had died, Katie went to her 98 yr old granny's house.
When she asked how he died, gran replied "he had aheart attack during Sunday morning sex"
Katie was aghast at her grandparents risking their lives making love.
"Oh no," said gran "we did it to the church bells. Nice and slow. In on the ding, and out on the dong!" She paused to wipe away a tear, "He'd still be alive if that bloody ice cream van hadn't come along!" :D:D:D:D

Hello, All!
feel funny today, got a bloody cold (too much sea air?) and an earache, so down a bit!
Have filled myself with pills and potions, BUT not sucking sweets!
Last time I did that I put on weight and I really need to be "good".
I went shopping tonight and dropped a jar of mayo that shattered, then managed to stub my little toe on the trolley wheel! The taxi I ordered to get home took 25mins to arrive so poor Jack's cornetto's were well on the way to being defrosted! Once home I lit a fag and singed my eyebrows, then the dog decided to jump up at me while I was putting a chicken in the oven, and it fell out the tray and skidded along the floor, ending up next to the dog!
He decided to attack it, and we had a tug of war over it, which I won, but the poor chicken ended up in the bin, and i'm tea-less tomorrow!
Some times, I wish I didn't get out of bed!
Tip of the day:- If you have 2-weekly bin collections, rather than throw out food as you need to, put it in a bag in the freezer and put it out the night before the bin is collected! That way your bins shouldn't smell and attract flies in the summertime.

Justa quickie (nudge, nudge, wink, wink!) as feeling crap still. Cold has come with a vengence, and been to Drs with my earache, but he say to take paracetamol and go back if it get worse! How bad does it have to be?!
Still, it could be worse, I could have herpes or something!!!
Just time for a joke, then i'm off for a coffee and fag!:- I've just tried to phone the NHS Swine Flu helpline, but there is just a load of crackling on the line!

Hi Rosie, I'm new to all of this and have just spent the last 40 mins reading your diary, creased up in stitches and straining to focus through the tears. Sorry to hear that you are a little under the weather, I dare say Norwich's performance and relegation today won't have helped!! As a Leeds supporter you have my sympathies I know what it feels like.

I look forward to reading your future posts with much anticipation.

Hi, am just popping in, funny as norm rosie. glad you're still a loser lol (weight wise of course!) Im starting LL on Thurs so am quite excited. Just need to get going with it now xxx

hello hello! am reading round the diarys leisurely (leaving taz's til last cos hers has always had bout 1 million posts since i last looked!) x

Hi all,
sorry not been on for ages, had a really shi**y time earlier on. My son had a bad dose of meningitis, he was in a coma for two weeks, and lost his left leg and his right hand.
Needless to say the diet went out the window as i was worrying over him. I must say that he is home and is adjusting to his loss of limbs a lot better thaan i am.

Anyway, enough of the sad, I am starting SW tomorrow, and will update you when I am brave enough to step on the scales,
love to you all, rosie

Hi hun, good to see you back. So sorry you have had a tough time of it, how is your son now. Well done on getting back on the sw wagon, and good luck with your weightloss journey xxx

Back