Rosie's SW Journey

Hey hun.. you are welcome.

Re Pedometer - £5 in Argos, its not got latest mod cons and all that jazz but it works with steps, cals and KM's so its ok.. I have one :)

After a WI, I must admit I always have something I have been craving for ages.. so for me it was toast - white bread with low fat spread.. but that was 16 syns!! See what I mea, it all adds up. Back 100% tomorrow and will walk daily to make up for it too. xx

well today was a bad day - been grazing all day on nothing that is good for me really!

skipped breakfast, had 4 cocktail sausages, followed by some cadburys biscuits from a multi pack
can't remember what I had after that until tea time - two hard boiled eggs
turkey mince with eggs and onions, potatoe waffle, peas and sweetcorn.

then a blue ribbon, tesco whippy bar and alpen lights

Think the problem is that today was quite hot and I didn't really want to do much cooking

anyway that's it - MY BINGE IS NOW OVER (sorry I'm shouting at myself at the mo) TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY

FOR BREAKFAST Bacon, eggs, beans and toast

FOR LUNCH Veggie and Cheese Omelette with salad

FOR TEA Diet coke chicken and salad and possibly baby pots if I can get some

BECAUSE TOMORROW IS GOING TO BE A RED DAY AND I AM GOING TO STICK TO IT!!!!

Today didn't go exactly according to plan.

For Breakfast I made two pieces of toast with extra light laughing cow - managed one bite and then had to throw the rest away - just felt so sick! so am not counting that

About 11am I started to feel hungry and I was in a shop so I bought a Kelloggs Fibre Plus bar - it was rather yummy, my first experience - will definetly be looking out for them in the shops again. (HXB1)

Lunchtime was hot so I had a ham and cheese salad (Low Low Slices) (HXA) lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, spring onions and some extra light mayo (1.5 syns)

For tea I made diet coke chicken with salad (same as above) (extra light mayo (1.5 syns) I made the hubby and son some SW saute potatoes which looked so scrummy but since I'd decided to have a red day I couldn't have any!

So far today I've had 3 syns and only had one HXB - I bought another Fibre Plus bar so am debating about having that or going for some nimble bread

I've also just spent 2 hours in the kitchen making breakfast muffins, leek and potato soup and tomorrow's dinner - which is pasta and passata and onion sauce - not sure what else I'm going to add to it yet as I'm planning a Green day tomorrow so no meat.

Lunch will be a salad again more than likely

and for breakfast I'm going to try a breakfast muffin

Am feeling really happy with how today went - just wish I hadn't felt sick this morning - I do struggle with breakfast sometimes anyway

Rosie, what is a diet coke salad :8855:, mmm bet that was kind of wet, lol..

Good food today and well done for planning for tomorrow too :D, take that stress off when you don't have the time to prepare it.Like the Leek and Pot soup, must get that recipe from you ;)

I've found it difficult today as first day on green for years adn the HE's, I always forget about. so finished off the last HEB with 250 ml of semi skimmed milk, a shot of coffee, ice and sweetner, then blasted in a blender til icey. That was nice, will def do that again, but prob more in the day rather then eve, as prob won't sleep now with all that caffeene, lol. x

Hi Eternal - I just panicked then as I read what you wrote about the diet coke salad and thought I was losing the plot. But when I read it again on mine I did put the chicken in there :confused: Think you're eyes are tired - or maybe it's me thinking I put it there and still reading it! lol :D That wouldn't surprise me!

As for the leek and potato soup - I'm planning on having it for lunch tomorrow - if it's not too hot - if it tastes ok will pop the reciepe up as it's just something I've thrown together at the moment.

For A HXB on a green day have a couple of Alpen bars or fibre plus

tonight I went for the fibre bar for my HXB that was left over and then I had an alpen light - so my syns for today are 6 syns - which I'm quite happy with.

I seem to find green days easier than red ones - am hoping to only do red and green this week and see how it goes at WI next week.

Good luck with your red day tomorrow :) Do you have a food diary that you write things down in?

Rosie, you did put in the chicken salad, lol.. I just read the diet coke and was a bit puzzled, lol.

Yes.. on Red today.. Planned sw quiche for lunch with salad and SW kfc chicken and veg for dinner(HEB). I have 4.5 syns still to use up by the end of the day carried over from yest, so not sure yet what to have..

I do have a diary, its on the SW diary section and not the food one... Enjoy your day and i'll look forward to cooking that soup, its green again tomorrow. xx

Just had the soup - it was rather yummy and a small bowl has filled me up rather alot! :)

Remind me later and I'll post the receipe tonight for you - can't do it now as I have to get child ready for going out as mum will be here in 10mins!:eek:

Ok for today I had two nimble bread with laughing cow for breakfast

Lunch was a lovely bowl of leek and potato soup - was rather yummy :)

Tea was pasta with passata and onions with a side salad of cucumber, peppers, spring onion and tomato

It was all rather yummy.

I made some SW ferero rocher but made them at aprox 1.5 syns each - I've had three so far which is 4.5 syns

I've also just realised that I've only had one HXA and one HXB - so am off for another ferero rocher giving me 6 syns and I might consider cheese on toast or 2 alpen lights to cover my HX's!

The leek and potato soup receipe - was just stuff I threw in a pot really

these are all approx measurements

leeks - chopped up (approx same amount as potato - measured using a collander I used to rinse them)
potato - chopped up
onion (I used half as it was a large onion)
veg stock cube
water

I sweated down the onion, once that was soft added the leek and sweated that down too
then I added the potato
made up the veg stock with a pint of water and added that
added a bit more water so it was just under the level of the veg
put the lid on the pot and left it to simmer until the potato was soft and tender
Then I left it overnight too cool
Then I blended it down

I put a little bit in a pot to heat up for today and found that I had to add more water was it was very sticky rather than fluid (and I don't mean watery)

Added seasoning to the little pot rather than the big one :)

Hope this makes sense

Also the breakfast muffins I made - they didn't go down well - tried one this morning and I couldn't eat it - might try heating one in the microwave to see if that makes a difference

ok have had some rather yummy cheese on toast (HXA + B)

and I've also now how 3 more ferero rocher so another 4.5 syns

4.5 syns from earlier plus 4.5 syns means I've had 9 syns today so far

also I had about 12 ferero rocher left over - I've force fed them to the husband!!!! It didn't take much pursausion! but at least they are out of my temptation range.

I had about 12 ferero rocher left over - I've force fed them to the husband!!!! It didn't take much pursausion! but at least they are out of my temptation range.

Love it, lol.. Rosie, what a good idea. :8855:. out of sight for good now, lol.. Thanks for the leak and pot soup recipe, gonna make that on Sundy for a light lunch :D xx

LOL :8855: My husband really is a dustbin - if there is anything that he won't eat then it's probably not worth eating anyway :8855:

Am waiting to see if he's going to ask if I'm making them again tonight.

Hope the soup is good for you on Sunday Eternal - I've got 3 more portions frozen down at the moment.

Well today was a red day

for brekkie I had fried egg and bacon (in frylight - no fat on the bacon)

for lunch it was an egg salad sandwich, 2 nimble slices (HXB) (1 syn for extra light mayo 2tbs)

for tea it was cheesey meatballs (HXA) with hassleback potatoes (HXB) and salad (had 2 syns of mayo this time) lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, sweetcorn, beetroot, egg

I overdid the meatballs a bit so they were a bit on the dry side but they were still nice - will just have to make sure that I take them out before they are too dry next time.

So far today I've had 3 syns

I have the munchies at the moment so am trying to think of what I can eat to stop me being too naughty.

I may have to go for cereals! I do have a small pack of frosties which I've just looked and they are 4.5 syns

so that would give me 7.5 syns - might have to do it or I could make up some more ferero rocher and eat 4/5 of them - but the cereals would fill me up more!

ummmm decisions!

Hi Rosie..

Have you thought about doing the SF challenge when you are in the mood to pick on something naughty. Before you have any syns, make sure you have eaten 5 pieces of SF fruits first.. and then see if you still need to eat.. It does work.. Honestly, lol.. Liked the idea of cheesey meatballs, sounded yummy. Have a good one. xx

Thanks Eternal

Will try to do the SF challenge next time I think I'm hungry when it's not a meal time.

Today hasn't gone according to plan much really.

Was a green day for me today

skipped breakfast :(

Lunch was a cheese (HXA) and scrambled egg brown roll (HXB) with loads of salad added to it with low cal mayo (1 syn)

Tea was a problem as I just didn't feel like cooking but knew the child and hubby needed to eat so I went to the chinese for them (special chow mein, chips and sausages)

But when I got back and was serving it up I got hungry :(
I had some of hubby's chips about 4/5 so am counting that as 2 syns
as I was serving up the colslaw and egg mayo my dad gave me for the boys I had some of the egg mayo and licked the spoon of the colslaw! so have to count that too - am counting it as 3 syns as was likely to be full fat mayo used!

then I made myself some sw chips from the freezer from boiled pots i'd frozen earlier in the week
with quorn sausages and loads of salad again and some low cal mayo (2 syns)

so far today I've calculated that I've had approx 8 syns!

and * week has just started so am hoping I can keep the munchies at bay (usually it's loads of chocolate!) I do have ryvita and nutella on standby - just in case!

I also have my sister's Wii tonight so will be on that as soon as little one is in bed (he's currently in the bath) so am hoping I can work off any damage that * week may cause before it starts!

Thanks Eternal
I was just hoping for a good loss this week, but it's not looking likely - stood on my mum's scales again today and it's not looking good but I know that I won't know for sure till tomorrow night.

I've been really struggling today - haven't had enough fruit and veg at all.:(

Breakfast was a roll (HXB) with cheese (HXA) and extra low mayo (1syn)

Lunch was mashed pots and veg (I declined the beef, roast pots and yorkshire puds :cry: so that I could keep today as a green day) had gravy though (approx 3 syns)

Tea was scrambled egg with cous cous mixed in with it and cheese on top (HXA) - it was surprisingly yummy - really wanted a scrambled egg roll but i'd already had both my HXB's and didn't want to use my syns on it so added cous cous to the scrambled egg instead.

I do have to say that if I had added some spring onions, peas, sweetcorn or some other veg and fry it down - then add the egg and then the cous cous that it would be a rather yummy dinner for a green day - on a red day you could always add tuna I guess - it really was scrummy and I will def do it again sometime :)

also had two alpen bars (had to agree with the wind effect - didn't realise it until today!)

So today I've had very little fruit and veg, and although i've got some in the house am really not feeling like eating them at the mo!

So today was a green day - tomorrow will be a red day again and I will see how it all goes.

The problem is that I stood on mum's scales again and it's not looking good for a weight loss tomorrow so far! I really do hate * week!! :sigh:

Oh yeah and I did the Wii last night - beat some of her times :D - and according to that I burned off approx 435 calories :)
I don't like the weigh part of it though - it told me i'd put on 9lb's!!!!!!! :eek: Which i'm pretty sure I haven't done but it still puts some doubts in my head!

4 syns so far today!!!!! I thought I had used more!!!

Back