Rosie's SW Journey

Mmmmm SW Ferror Roche.. I must make them. Do you make them in bun cases or small ones? I was given some Scanbran and only thing I can think of using them on is these. The kid's might like them too :), so it will help me not to eat them all ;).

A great loss is looming for your my dear next week, so keep up the plan by staying on track and it'll be yours for the taking. Have a fab day honey xx

A great loss is looming for your my dear next week, so keep up the plan by staying on track and it'll be yours for the taking. Have a fab day honey xx

A million thank you's for that hun, you've just made me smile - am gonna write that out and put it on my fridge to remind me of it all week :)

As for the ferrero rocher I make it with 2 ryvita and 2 tablespoons of nutella (or sometimes one of each) It's meant to make 10 balls at 1 syn each so if I make half it's just 5 syns - means that I def can't overdo them which would be so easy to do. If I'm feeling generous I make the 10 and give hubby half - if not he doesn't get any :8855: :rolleyes: :D

I pop the nutella in the microwave for 20 secs or so - and crush the ryvita into it, give it a good mix and then use two teaspoons to make a shape - pop them on a plate and put them in the fridge.

Although I have found that putting them in the freezer makes them last longer - I don't wolf them down then :)

I do have to say that they are lovely and it's lovely to get to the end of the day knowing that I'm going to have a lovely little treat while chilling out. :) :D

Wednesday

Had Kellogs Special K Sustain with semi skimming milk for breakfast (HXA & B)

Lunch was left over pasta, peas and sweetcorn from yesterday - I added ham and some mayo to make it a pasta salad (2 syns for mayo)

For tea I made SW KFC, SW roast baby pots, and loads of salad (lettuce, toms, cucumber, celery, beetroot, spring onions) Also had half a tub of SW colslaw from my local butcher (1 syn)

Had half an apple for a snack.

And had a Kellogs Fibre Plus (6 syns)

so far today I've had 9 syns and I will shortly be going to bed so I've had another good day.

I also mowed the grass today - manual mower so lots of walking, pushing, bending and emptying the grass box - took nearly 2 hours!! so hopefully that will help with the body magic.

Not sure what I did wrong with the KFC - it was just ok - will try again another day and see if I can make it better.

Good morning Rosie

I've got scanbran, can you use those instead of Ryvita? Its only because I won them a few week's ago at group, haven't a clue what to do with them otherwise.. and do you count those then as a HE as well as synning them?

Good for you yest for cutting the grass, all adds up to body Magic. I walked 82220 steps yest and will do similar today, equivalent to 240 cals burned.. gotta add to losses.

Re the KFC, do you add cooked couscous to your breadcrumb mixture. If on EE, don't count it, but on red, i'd just stick with the breadcrumbs.

Have a good day hun xx

Hiya hun, I'm sure you can use scanbran - but am not sure of the syns for it - I just syn it but I'm sure you could use it as a HE instead but still syn the nutella.

Re the KFC chicken I just used cous cous but it just didn't seem to work for me - but that may be because I covered the chicken to cookit first and so the cous cous didn't get a chance to get crispy. Next time I won't cover it and will see how it goes then. As I was on EE I didn't syn it - am doing EE all week this week to get my head back into SW again as I think towards the end of last week I just lost it totally. Will probably try red and green again in a couple of weeks.

I've got to get into town to get new batteries for my pedometer - found another one after the clip on the one I was using broke. Then I will get it clipped back on and try the steps as I find that easier than doing the exercise DVD which I am only able to do once the little one is in bed - by which time I just want to sit down for a while and chill out! He's nearly two and very active so I'm chasing him round all day or doing lunch or tea so am usually always on my feet! That's what it feels like at the mo anyway - I have 20mins at the mo to get some research done as to what we are having for tea tonight as I haven't even thought about it yet - not good!

Hmm, will give that a try with the scan bran by end of the week and see if it works with a HEB as well on Red.

With the KFC, I always coat the chicken in bovril mixture and find that it works best with strips of chicken, then thighs or drum sticks. Then roll it in the breadcrumb and cooked couscous mixture, put on baking tray (sprayed with fry light) then spray again all over chicken and cook for 20 mins, turning them over inbetween cooking. They do go crispy that way.

Good luck getting your ped back to working again, they really do make you challenge your steps the day before.. Like competing against yourself :8855:. But all good re steps and think that will work for you too. xx

You're right, using the pedometer is like competeing against yourself :8855: I try and do more each day - and if I don't I get cross with myself :rolleyes:

Today I had two nimble brown bread (hxb) with 2 fried eggs and beans for breakfast

Lunch was a boiled egg (wasn't feeling hungry)

Tea was roasted baby pots, quorn sausages, beans and a fried egg

Had a kitkat (5.5 syns)

also had a couple of coffee's which will be about 1/2 my hxa

so today I've had 5.5 syns in total so far - not really feeling hungry and am heading to bed soon too.

Just got an email to say that I've got a job interview on Weds so am feeling a bit nervous about that at the mo. :eek: Haven't had a job interview for many years now!!! :eek: Especially as I have my neice and son to look after - it's at 4pm which is when I usually start tea so will have to work out something that the hubby can do while trying to watch two kids!!! probably pasta with a passata sauce!

Morning Rosie

Good on you for doing your steps as well. It must make a difference. Doing mine every other day now as have an old injury that has been playing me up and walking daily isn't giving it a chance to rest. But still 1550 in 2 days ain't bad, so my next walk will be tomorrow and then Monday - day before WI :).

Fab news re the interview as well, i'm sure you'll work something out so you can go to it, passatta and pasta is yummy with some veggies and chopped herbs :).

Have a good day hun, tis a scorcher here in Hornchurch xx

Thanks hun.

Yeah will just do pasta and passata as I have to feed two extra and I can make it stretch to feed us all with some garlic bread on the side for those not doing SW. Will prob add some chicken and bacon into it as well - the hubby complains when he doesn't get his meat - me man me must have meat!! :8855: :rolleyes:

Anyway today has been a good day so far.

Breakfast was a bit dodgy - had it late due to feeling a bit on the very rough side first thing - had a fibre plus bar (HXB)

Lunch was a ham and cheese omlette (HXA) - extra light mayo (1 syn)

Tea was boiled baby pots (from my dad's garden - very yummy) baked salmon with loads of salad - extra light mayo (1 syn)

have had 2 syns so far

gonna have some velvet crunch crisps - 4 syns

and possibly a kit kat or curly wurly (5.5 or 6 syns)

so for today it will be either 11.5 or 12 syns or I could go with an alpen bar - not sure yet! choices and decisions!!!! :eek:

mmmmm sounds good re the smokey bacon sauce - might give it a try but prob not on Weds as the neice won't eat it - she's fussy :rolleyes:

Today's food has been ok

breakfast was an apple
had a pear for a snack

lunch was a double cheese burger with loads of salad in a brown bread roll (HXA + B)
The burger was free as it was from the lovely butcher in town who does slimming world stuff - very yummy - extra light mayo 2 syns

Tea was a pre cooked chicken with instant mash and baked beans - had to be quick for baby's sake.

Went swimming with the son and neice and my sister today, so tea had to be a quick one was yummy though.

Had 2 tesco value nice biscuits - 2 syns each so today I've had 6 syns so far.

Sunday

I skipped breakfast - was feeling decidedly dodgy again

lunch was a roast chicken dinner, broccoli, carrots, mashed pots, gravy and stuffing.
Am estimating it at approx 4 syns

tea was SW sausages 1 syn, brown roll (HXB) cheese (HXA) and some light mayo (1 syn)

I did snack on some left over chicken

so I've had 6 syns today so far

am feeling a bit peckish at the mo but not sure what I want to have yet - will have a think on it.

Pedometer is working - so far today I've done 8458 steps so am very pleased with that :)

Way to go Rosie on your steps, they really do add up don't they? We had a BBQ last night and the Mackerel I bought to BBQ was nice, but I just can't eat fish with heads on again, lol.. it did give me the shivers! Hoping for a 100% day today and good luck with your WI hun adn your interview on Wed's, not long now :) xx

ok it's monday
went to weigh in
lost 2lbs :)
then went to kfc and put it all back on again :(
why do I always do this on a monday night!!
really need to stop it

am going to get on the wii tomorrow night - will be up early tomorrow again - neice arrives just before 8 so I have to be up and dressed and at least one coffee in me - as well as getting the son up and breakfasted and dressed!

Thanks Eternal for the good wishes for Weds - will update on how is has gone - have the hairdresser on Weds morning which will help me feel better anyway

steps for today - 17175 which is about 5 miles - I need to check the pedometre though as I'm not sure I did that - even though I was running about after two kids instead of just one!

Wowwww, all those steps yesterday, will definatley add to your losses next week. Hey, that 2lb lost, way to go girlie.. you've done really well this week to get that and KFC would not have put it all back on, perhaps 0.5lb of it and then that will be off by tomorrow morn anyway, so back to 100% today and enjoy the outdoors with your nieces, great way to get that body magic in there :) xx

Thank Eternal
I'm feeling abit better today - I took the kids to the park this morning - 9.50am it was empty :) :D while they were running about I jumped on a swing - it was really good to be able to swing again - and I fitted on the swing too!!

Then today I've done approx 8000 steps - 2500 before it reset itself, 5500 after - so it's guess work at the moment really - need to find a way to stop it from doing that

I also spent an hour on the Wii tonight - in Wii time :)

do so am feeling happy about that at the moment

food wise it's been a red day for me - more by accident that anything else

Breakfast - I skipped - was feeling a bit delicate

Had a brown roll (HXB) with ham, cheese (1/2HXA) cucumber and beetroot. Had some celery with laughing cow cheese (1/2HXA) in it on the side - extra light mayo (2 syns)

Had an apple as a mid afternoon snack

Tea was salad (lettuce, cucumber, sping onions, tomatoes) boiled egg, chicken and baby pots with skin left on (HXB) (3 syns)

Had a packet of velvet crunch crisps (4syns)
Had a bit of leftover chicken as well

So today has been 9 syns - need to cut down on the mayo am using way too much!

Food today

brunch - scrambled eggs, bacon, brown bread roll (HXB) - 2 syns

pink & white - 2.5 syns
Alpen light bar - 3 syns

Dinner - pasta, chicken, bacon, passata, onion

have had 7.5 syns today - if I want anything later it will be a yoghurt or some fruit as I haven't eaten enough today at all :cry:

Have walked 9500 steps today so far - I did take it off for a couple of hours as I had my interview and didn't think it would be a good idea to have it on me :)

Today in general has been ok food wise

Hi Rosie

Those pedometers do tick don't they, so good choice of taking it off, lol.. otherwise they would have thought there was a bomb in the office, lol..

Your food yesterday, as you used up your HEB with brekkie, meant you had to syn your Alpen Bar. I find now that leaving out bread with sw brekkie still gives you that option to use your B later in the day for cereal bars as I really like them. I'm doing a Red day today and almost went over my B choices, good job I filled out my diary otherwise id had had 6 syns too many. Phewwww.. Diarys are great to keep us on track me thinks :) Great invention xx

Thanks for that Eternal

I do like the cereal bars but I do have to say that I prefer my bread to them :)

I'm really struggling with breakfast at the moment - just can't seem to get anything into me for it.

Lunch was nimble bread (HXB) with egg mayo - EL Mayo (2 syns)

Tea was fish, SW chips and beans

I did have some cake earlier in the day - it was still lying in the fridge and - I did weigh it - had 50g - just checked and it should have been approx 8 syns for that so am ok with it

so in total today I've had 10 syns - a bit more than I wanted to have but it's still within my syns so am ok with that.

I really need to start having more veg as I seem to have stopped having it - don't fancy salads as it's quite cold here at the moment
might make a stew or something tomorrow - will go and raid the freezer later

I've done over 14000 steps today :eek: am really not sure how I'm getting so many steps in!

I'm also about to have a go on the Wii - I did 30mins of free step last night while NCIS was on
Not sure what I'm going to do tonight on it - probably just play some games on it

I wasn't hungry before but now I am - when I know I can't really have any syns and I'm hungry! Think my mind is playing tricks on me!

Back