Rosie's SW Journey

Yes Rosie. Thats the attitude, you can do it and you will. Tuesday is a new day and i'm there with you too. X

Just a quick reply as I need to get to bed ready for work tomorrow and baby is starting a cold so all stress here at the mo.
Thanks Nikki - Tuesday is a new day and all will be well from then :)
Jim- C25K is couch to 5 km - if you google it there are loads of sites about it. Basically you download a thing onto your computer - put it on your MP3 player - it tells you when to walk and when to jog - alternates between the two to let you catch your breath - will try and explain more tomorrow if you need it.

Night night guys :)

Thanks, Rosie. I might give that a go. Occasionally when I'm a little bit brave I try to go out for a walk/jog, when I start by running a minute, walking a minute etc, then build that up so I'm gradually running more. But I have to confess I haven't done it for ages.
(Been swimming a fair bit, though - 50 lengths before work in the morning. Ugh)
But I'll hunt for that, as it'll make it much easier to get started if I'm not having to use my phone as a stopwatch all the time!

Nikki - I haven't done any exercise yet - it was two weeks ago when I did the only session of C25K that I've done so far!

I was planning on heading out tonight to do a run but had to go to mum's to pick up shoes - stayed to chat - came back without shoes - had to go back to get them again!!!
Then I had a pile of ironing that was threatening to overcome me so I spent 2 hours doing that, and now it's 11pm and I need to sleep but thought I'd come on here and update my diary - instead I'm waffling!

Anyway - Red day today :)

Breakfast - Tesco Loops 14g - 3 syns - 1/2 HEA semi milk
Lunch - tuna mayo roll, (1.5 syns) apple, banana
Tea - Tuna and veg omlette, with cheese on top (28g Low low) 1/2 HEA
Supper - mullerlight with fibre plus bar broken into it (HEB)
Treat - 25g Milka chocolate :) 6.5 syns

Total for today is 11 syns :) :D

Not sure when I'm going to get running this week as OH is out tomorrow - may be able to get two days in - will play it by ear at the mo I think!

Anyway time for bed - night night :)

Thanks Nikki :)
Hope you are feeling better and that you got to the gym.

Did EE today

Lunch - ham and egg mayo roll, (1 syn) apple, banana
Tea - Beef stew, vegs, pots - very yummy
Snacks - Boiled egg
Treat - 25g Milka chocolate :) 6.5 syns

Syns for today 10.5 syns :)

Didn't get any running done again tonight as OH was out so I couldn't leave the house with LO sleeping. However on the plus side I'm climbing stairs at least 4 times a day - 3 flights - so I think that will help this week even if I don't get running.
OH is now starting with a cold - baby still has a bad cold - he's been up screaming a bit tonight so not sure if we're gonna get a good night or not.

Anyway off to bed - tomorrow is another working day and early start!

Thursday's Food diary - Green day

Lunch - egg mayo sandwich (HEB), (1 syn) apple
Tea - SW Chips, mushy peas, 'fried' eggs - yummy - put on some mayo - (2syns) Oh yeah and some cheese (2nd HEA)- think I over did the cheese so won't be having my milka tonight
Snacks - Boiled eggs and a babybel (1/2 HEA)

So I've had 6 syns - plus another 6 for the extra cheese so approx 12 syns

I also have another HEB to have - might have it before I go to bed.

Morning Rosie.

Food looked good, so you are def on track. Hope you have a good day and great weekend. Not sure I'll be on much this weekend, out this eve to gym , then to the "Dogs", then tomorrow out having my hair cut and high lighted tomorrow, then its my school reunion in the eve. lol.. So will try and get on a bit. Keep up the good work hun xx

Thanks Nikki - hope you have a fab weekend too :)

Today has kinda been an EE day.

Breakfast - Tesco Loops 14g - (3 syns) - 1/2 HEA semi milk

Lunch - brown roll (HEB) filled with scrambled eggs and mayo (1 syn)

Tea - salad, jacket spud (small), minute steak - yummy, and some mayo (2 syns)

Also had a handful of chips from the boys - really not sure how many syns to put those down as but guess if I don't take any more syns I should be covered.

So today so far I've had 6 syns Plus the handful of chips, so still within syns at the mo - although I am feeling pekish at the mo - may stick in some SW wedges.

Ok was planning on a red day but it turned into EE

Breakfast was - 1 shredded wheat (3.5syns) with 1/2 HEA milk
Lunch - some slices of beef and homemade carrot and corriander soup - very yummy
Dinner - 'fried' onions, salad, beans, SW meat (sausages and veg roll) (1.5 syns), 'fried' eggs and bacon - also had a brown roll (HEB)

so today I've had 4.5 syns :) some left for choccy later :) :)

Am currently very full - but am sitting down to watch X factor so may fancy some chocolate later - although will also be checking on baby as he banged his head in the bath and now has a huge lump behind his ear!!

Today was kinda a weird one - the only thing that was planned was lunch - roast chicken dinner at mum and dad's - yummy.

Breakfast - two slices of nimble (HEB) with laughing cow triangle x 1 (bit of HXA)
Lunch - roast chicken, stuffing (1 syn), carrots, broccoli, 1 roast pot (2 syns), mashed pots, and gravy (2 syns) - very very yummy
Dinner - didn't really have anything planned as is usually just a sandwich due to having dinner at lunch time - however baby decided that he wasn't going to eat his lunch - so had to think of something more than a sandwich - and went for McD's instead - not the healthyist thing to go for but figured it's his first one and he might actually eat it.
So in the end got him a chicken nugget meal, pot wedges and a cheese burger - OH had some of this as well - it was for the two of them to share. I ended up having some of the chicken nuggets (4.5 syns), chips (3 syns) and pot wedges (4 syns) - they were nice, but now I'm hungry and I don't know what to do!

also had a mad moment where I ate the rest of my milka bar (6.5 syns)
also had half a tesco truffle thing (2 syns)

So today I've had 25 syns!!!!! shocking!

Tuesday - 11 syns
Wednesday - 10.5 syns
Thursday - 12 syns
Friday - 8 syns
Saturday - 11 syns
Sunday - 25 syns!!!

However looking at it over the week I've only had 77.5 syns for the week so far :)
So still 27 ish syns left for tomorrow - only a few syns will be used before WI so am quite happy with that really :) :)

I think that's the whole point of Flexible Syns. There's always going to be a day like today which creeps up on you. You just have to try & stop yourself going any further overboard, and make sure you start tomorrow in a focused frame of mind.

But you can't be 100% good, 100% of the time. So don't beat yourself up.

Thanks Jim - I did ok - I did have another 10 syns last night but it was ok as was still within syns. I had my treat tonight after WI - chips, peas and gravy, with a cheeseburger - it's my treat night so I don't count the syns as the beginning of my week starts again tomorrow. :)

Lost 1.5lb's tonight at WI :D

Well done you. My WI's tomorrow, so fingers crossed!
I also usually have a "twilight zone" on Tuesday night after group, when the syns don't count. But actually I've still got zillions of syns left this week, so I can do it legally. Don't know what I'll have, but I can pretty much promise it won't be lentils & salad!

Lol Jim - I like that - a 'twilight zone' think I will use that in future.

However have struggled today.
Hubby isn't well - which means loads of anitbiotics, lots of moaning and groaning and generally everything heading south - except my appetite and weight! He has health issues anyway and being poorly doesn't help. Because I'm working now he's having to have baby - who is 2 so not much of a baby anymore!
This morning baby decided that he was going to get up with me and have breakfast with me - except that I didn't have any.
Once he was fed and watered, it was time to get dressed - que baby throwing a paddy as he didn't want to do it!
Managed to get his teeth done and face and hands washed.
OH then took over for dressing - at this point I was running late anyway.
Grabbed my lunch - said bye bye, gave kisses and ran out the door.
had lunch at work - brown roll (HEB) woth tuna mayo (1 syn) and an apple
Came home in time for tea - OH had made it - when I say he made it I may be exagerating a bit - he opened a fray bentos pie and put it in the oven - put some veg in a pot and opened a tin of new pots. I don't like fray bentos pies, or tinned pots! Although I ate it I have no idea how many syns and I didn't enjoy it and I'm still hungry.

So feel pants, crap and wondering if I need to rethink the working bit of things as things aren't working at the mo - my parents had to have baby this morning as OH was too ill to look after him.

SO am having a pants day - have eaten chocolate - lots of, and generally wondering what's going to happen next week

Also been told not to go into work tomorrow anyway - which in one way is a blessing - I can have baby and give OH a chance to feel better, but on the other hand it will mean less money - I hate not knowing what's going to be coming into the bank!

Sorry long ranty post of rubbish there really!

Oh, sorry things aren't going too well for you, Rosie. It's always easier to reach for the chocolate when life is a *****, but remember you've just lost 1 1/2 pounds, and you're well on your way to your target. You won't really want to jeopardise that, will you. So - you've had a good flexible day, but tomorrow will be better. At least you won't have to go to work!

Thanks hun.

You're right - I know I don't want to hit the chocolate too hard, but am wanting to comfort eat so I'm currently making SW wedges, fried egg with my HEA cheese on top - all free :)

Realistically I only had 4 or 5 chocolates - they were tesco truffles so were yummy but still very high syns - just means for the rest of the week I will have to be extra good with the syns now - but am going shopping tomorrow morning so I can sort all that - I will be doing tea tomorrow night - and will prep something for tea for thursday night as well. Friday I'm only in for half a day so I will also be doing tea then too - so I'm still in control :) :D I can still do this :)

Back