Working Solutions Russian Doll - One Day at a Time

Did you find today any easier being at work RD?

I always wanted to work in a school lol what do you do? x

I'm finding it pretty easy being back at work as far as the diet's concerned. I'm busy so no time to think of hunger or food.

I'm a cover supervisor at Bay House Sherrie (very big secondary school to anyone not living in Gosport lol) which means I take classes for teachers who are off sick. It's quite challenging as it's all years in all subjects but at least no two days are the same.

I'm finding having half a bar before work and the other half at break time is working well. Although that's going to have to change when I start my evening job. I suppose it's all down to good planning so I don't end up ravenous and so more likely to slip up.

I'm really slacking on the water intake ... I don't drink nearly as much as I should although I do drink when I'm thirsty. I was just as bad when I was on Cambridge.
This is one area I need to address although it's difficult when you're in a lesson for an hour and can't nip out to the loo. Difficult one ...

Its good that work is taking your mind off food/hunger RD. I wish i had more distraction, but I've come up with a plan for me that I'm going to follow. I'm going to post about it in my diary at some point today as I've pretty much made my mind up but advice would be good.

I went to Brune Park :D RIVALS! Lol! Although I left almost 7 years ago...that makes me feel so old haha x

Its good that work is taking your mind off food/hunger RD. I wish i had more distraction, but I've come up with a plan for me that I'm going to follow. I'm going to post about it in my diary at some point today as I've pretty much made my mind up but advice would be good.

I went to Brune Park :D RIVALS! Lol! Although I left almost 7 years ago...that makes me feel so old haha x

I went to Bay House and left in 1978!! Imagine how that makes ME feel? lol

I wasn't a model student when I was there so it's karma that I've ended up back there taking back-chat from teenagers :D.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your coping strategy

I've retreated here as I've just cooked and served meatball and sausage casserole with mashed potatoes and steamed veg ... I will be having a soup shortly.

Phew! Breathe, breathe :)

Its sooo hard isn't it!? Im really struggling mentally with this diet as I'm confronted by food 3 times a day at least with my little girl, when I did CD in the past I was working full time and was never confronted by food, not at all, so being busy and not having the temptation made the diet a doddle.

I'm just about to post in my diary about my plans to help me get through this diet because I will do it, just think I may have to tweak it to suit me x

I'm in ketosis - I know I am and normally that's enough to help curb the hunger pangs. But for some reason, today is a 'hungry' day. And by that I mean both physical and mental.

My stomach is griping and grumbling and my head is screaming out for 'something' ... ANYTHING! I refuse to give in - I've come this far and won't mess it up now.

Tomorrow is my youngest daughter's 16th birthday. We're going for a family meal to our local carvery. I don't think I want to sit there looking like the village party pooper so I think I'll have some carved turkey and maybe a small amount of keto friendly veg (will check the sticky thread in a mo) but no spuds and no gravy ... and definitely no cake! I don't think it'll do immeasurable damage but I'm a little concerned that my weigh-in is the morning after. Oh well - I'll have to take any consequences on the chin.

Off to have a shake and try to quell these hunger pangs

I think you will be fine RD, especially as turkey is keto friendly and so is the veg that you'll choose. I did my official weigh in today, it was unplanned, I'd already had some water and a bar and it was at a different time then usual as I decided tonight will be the night I let myself off. So it was 3½lbs, only ½lb away from 1st in 2 weeks so good going for me, but I knew it was be a much smaller number this week.

Enjoy tomorrow! x

Why am I feeling so down? It's my youngest daughter's 16th birthday tomorrow so I should be feeling happy shouldn't I?

But I'm sitting here typing on my laptop whilst everyone around me tucks into fish, chips and peas. Other meals haven't bothered me but for some reason, tonight I'm feeling pi**ed off, hungry, deprived and generally low :cry:

I never expected to be on an 'up' every day but the lows are hard to deal with. But it's how I deal with them that will (hopefully) teach me to cope with my emotions without turning to food for a solution.

awwww we all feel like that some days i know i do...... i didnt go out tonight so i wouldnt have to sit in a cinema watching people munching all around me it does get to you i know but just keep telling yourself another day done thats what i do...... chin up you have done so well :) xxx

Thanks Em ... it really makes a difference knowing there are people out there who know how I feel and who are behind me all the way x

You too then RD? I'm really happy that your not turning to food as the solution, I know I have and will be fortnightly to help me along but obviously Im not as strong as some. Be proud of yourself! This is tough, and I have to admit although I prefer Exante to CD, I have found it a lot tougher! I know its got a lot to do with my lifestyle in comparison but still generally tougher I think.

I hope today is a better day for you and I cant wait to find out how you have done with your second weigh in!!! x

Sorry you were having such a hard day yesterday... i think we all undrstand how you feel, and we all have days like that. The difference being that you still managed to say no, which is brilliant!!

Hoping you have a good day today and enjoy your daughter's birthday :) xx

Where are you RD?! I want to know how you've done lol x x x

I have times like that too RD, you are definitely not alone there.

How are you today? And Happy Birthday to you daughter xx

Well, my second weigh in and only 2lb down this week. This is where it gets tough ... a 2lb loss in exchange for having stuck 100% to a 600 cal-a-day diet is hard to accept but I know from experience that I'm not alone in a low second week result - other have experienced it as well plus as this has happened to me before.

Some people get good big losses (3lb plus) every single week - I'm not one of them. My condition (metabolic syndrome) means that on a conventional diet when everyone else is losing 1 or 2lb a week I'm lucky to lose half that no matter how disciplined I am. The same applies to a VLCD. I rarely get really impressive results and have to content myself with maybe 12lb a month loss instead of 14. As much as it bugs the hell outta me I have to accept that I'll often have lower losses than other people and that's just the way it is. plus, what's my alternative? Even if I get smaller losses it's still more than I'd get on a conventional diet - even for me a VLCD is the fastest way to shift the weight safely.

I have to remind myself that this isn't a competition - I'm not up against anyone else. It's my own personal journey and I'm 12lb lighter than I was two weeks ago so I shouldn't be despondent.

Onto week three - hope I get a slightly better result next Friday.

I have to remind myself that this isn't a competition - I'm not up against anyone else. It's my own personal journey and I'm 12lb lighter than I was two weeks ago so I shouldn't be despondent.

So true RD.
I'm wondering if I have an underlying condition I don't know about that is making my weight loss slower too!?
I have had major problems conceiving and 4 miscarriages, strong black facial and body hair so I don't know if I have PCOS maybe.
I don't know what the symptoms of metabolic syndrome is as I had no interest in the endocrine system when I was training :)

Slow but surely wins the race. Onwards and downwards.

Ali, as a PCOS sufferer myself I would definitely recommend you go to your GP and demand some tests to be done. They have to follow through with your request, don't feel embarrassed, they usually do a blood test first and if they detect higher levels of testosterone they then send you for a scan, unfortunately due to the severity of mine, I also had to have an internal scan at the same time. It was the best thing I did though as it was my doc who recommended I start CD to lose the excess weight and I conceived after 2 months of maintaining my goal weight.

Don't wait around if your worried and have symptoms x

Well done RD! Its all in the right direction! x

Hi Debs, well done, 2lbs is great, of course you would love more, but nearly a stone in 2 weeks is good going in anyone's reckoning!

Keep going, you know this is the tough bit, but you can do it. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well done RD! I only lost 2lb on week 2 also, but last week was so much better. I hope it's the same for you. Hang in there hun xx

12lbs off in two weeks is an excellent result Debs, well done:happy096:

Back