Russiandoll's Diary

End of week 1 :)

DD2 (who is expecting her first baby - a boy - in Feb) is visiting for the weekend with her DH and is currently in the other room with the rest of the family enjoying a yummy sherpherds pie with veggies that I made for everyone (I'm in ketosis - it was no problem) so I'm here playing catch-up with my diary.

I had my first weigh-in at 5pm and am delighted with an 8lb loss :D. I had been eating low carb the week before the diet - not because I was 'preparing' but because I'd had enough of stodgy food after Christmas - so I knew it wouldn't be in the jaw dropping double figures I've had in the past but I'm over the moon with a loss of over half a stone in a week.

I've decided to go to 790 now that I'm well in ketosis and kick started the diet. I'm trying a bit of an experiment; before dinner I tested for ketosis (positive), I've had some tuna steak in a Thai Chilli sauce with a handful of steamed broccoli, cauli and fine green beans (that's a COMBINED handful - not a handful of each!) followed by a CD choc orange mousse. I haven't even had my third pack yet so I'll have a bar later with a hot drink.

Tomorrow, I'll test for ketosis in the morning and we'll see what happens ... watch this space!

So it's week 1 over - onto week 2 :)

Fantastic loss for your first weigh in RD :D

You sound very focused and it comes across the page that you have your head "in gear"! Well Done, well well done!! :)

Lacey xx

Thanks guys ...

Oh - I forgot to say ... TOTM came today, 4 days early (hormones all over the place since clearing hormonal BC out of my system) so it was even better that I saw a good loss AND maintained a good, even mood all week.

Go me!! :p

Well done Debbie on a fabulous start ! 8lbs off is fantastic :D

Debz xx

WOOO HOOOOO - WELL DONE MATE :wow:
I lost 7lbs on my first WI this evening - am well chuffed! Congrats darling
Tansyx

Oh RD. So chuffed for you!! 8lbs is excellent, especially since you low carbed before.

Blooming well done :clap:

Great first week loss RD.... and your tea sounds scrummy.... mmm 790 give it a couple of weeks and may well give it a go myself....:D

Keep up the good work.... you'll be in them slimmer clothes again before you know it......:D

Have a good weekend with your family.....

Love

Hiya Hun

Well done, 8 pounds is a great loss, back into the 17s already. Here is to a few more and you will be in the 16s in no time. Watch out tho, I might just have to start catching up with you lol.

Love and Hugs to you, hope you are doing ok

Angela xx

Hi Debbie,

Well done on your 8lbs off!!!:happy096:

Fantastic!!!

Love Mini xxx

:talk017:Congratulations!

What a great start - I bet you carry on in fine style:D

Thats fantastic Debbie, what a brilliant start. You must be chuffed to bits!

Keep it going, I think the 790 plan will be an absolute winner for you!

Love

Awww thanks everyone! Your support is really appreciated :)

I did a keto test this morning like I said I would and .... still WELL in ketosis! That's given me the confidence and green light to carry on with 790.
It's a beautiful sunny day here on the south coast so I'm off out to catch some of those rays.

Catch you all later

WK2: Day 1 - Sat 12th Jan

I know it's only my second day on 790 but I'm loving it already! I'm trying to listen to my body ... for the first time in years and so far, so good.

I started the day with water and a coffee - I wasn't hungry so felt I could wait until I was. We went to the town market at about midday - I still wasn't hungry but took a bar in case I needed it.

DD2, her hubby and my DH decided they wanted a burger so we stopped at one of the units in the market (had tables under a gazebo). I had a coffee and considered having my cranberry crunch bar but listened to my body - I still wasn't hungry so I happily sipped on my coffee.

We went to visit my mum and dad and got home about 3pm. By then I did feel hungry so had a mushroom soup. Later on, for dinner I had steamed cauli, broccoli & sliced green beans topped with tuna steak in a lemon and cracked black pepper sauce followed by a CD choc orange mousse. I had a cranberry crunch bar with a coffee whilst watching TV. Bliss!

This is a plan I think I can follow. It's strict but 'do-able' so I'm going to give it my best. The test will be at my weigh in next Friday. :)

Debs,

You're really gonna do it this time!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you.

You've also done well with your fabulous weight loss this week as well.

xx

p.s why did you change from SS to 790 or were you doing 790 all along?

Back