Russiandoll's Diary

Ahhhh bless both of you - the perfect antidote to ANY chattering demon!! :)

Congratulations Debbie on your fantastic grades!!!:happy096:

congrats022.gif

Many many congratulations on such fantastic results, Debbie. I'm just so thrilled for you :D As an ex-mature student myself (gawd, it's over 11 years since I graduated!! Where does the time go? :eek:), I know just how hard you have to work - which makes those grades even better.

2:1 ... no problem!! :cool:

Love

Fantastic grades RD..... I'm sure the others will be along the same line and you'll get that wonderful 2:1... working in a uni I know how important getting a 2:1 is to students.... I'm sure you'll achieve your goals....

As for the PB incident... I am in awe that you have PB in the house.... I couldn't because I would just spoon it out the jar.... can't have choc spread either..... but then that's my lack of willpower and self-restraint...:eek:

Like you say the water is more likely to be the reason the scales are stuck (at the moment... and it's now weigh day is it....;)) it is difficult in this cold weather to up it but try by having an extra glass a day....

Anyway, I think your doing fab.... so there.... ner ner ner.....;):D:D

It'sa day 20 and, diet-wise, I've been 'good' in a kind of 'starving-so-eaten-extra-tuna-or-chicken' good. So for some of the days I haven't strictly stuck to 790 ... but have never gone over 1000. And for the most past I've stayed in ketosis.

But I stepped on the scales this morning (I know, I know but I can't help it) and they've stuck again. Not budged sice last week.
I've been giving myself pep-talk of the century, telling myself everything that I tell others ... give your body time to adjust, water retention, it'll all even out etc but it's hard to stay positive isn't it.

I FEEL less bloated so that's got to be good. And I AM 12lb lighter than I was on Jan 5th so that's good too. These are positive things and I need to focus on those. FOCUS, FOCUS GODDAMIT!! :)

I'm off to Uni today for English Language (why the hell did I choose that module??) and also get the rest of my results rom the last semester i.e creative writing (my 7 poems) and the results of the genre exam (yikes!).
Catch you all later.

Why do we do it - why do we get on the flippin scales??????:confused::confused::confused:

I'd love to say bin the bluddy things, take a hammer & smash them up, you're playing mind games with yourself, etc etc - so why then do I and possibly 99% of all of us here do it:mad::mad::mad::mad:?????????????

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - get away from the scales :D:D:D:D:D

Because there is a magic pixie inside the scales that weaves a spell to lure us to them on every opportunity..............

No, there isn't really but there might as well be. We all struggle with the blessed things. RD, you are to ignore them, the only scales that 'count' are your CDC's, you know that. Now behave yourself!

Love

Dont get disheartened Debbie because the scales will move. I was just the same as you last week. The scales did not move and then I lost 1lb one day another pound the next. Our bodies are strange things. We torture ourselves br weighing every day but we cant help it.

Funnily enough some of my most successful clients have been those without scales at home. They have lost weight the most consistently.

Dont give up

Pam x

You're all right of course. Scales ... the devils work! :D

I've got my weigh in tomorrow and what will be will be so I'm not stressing over it. If it's a pound, yay ... if it's 2 pounds yayyyy

First things first ... my Uni results for creative writing (my poetry).
Drum roll ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

two marks ... 72% and 78% :eek: That's a 'first' level. I'm especially chuffed because it's my own poetry and it got a high mark. It was like a validation of my creativity IYKWIM.
There was some pretty 'heavy duty' stuff in there but it seemed to go down well with the tutor (who is herself a published poet).

After Uni I had to go to DD4's school for parents evening. I got stuck on the M27 in one spot for over an hour because of an accident so had to rush straight to the school. Didn't get home til 7pm so it's been a long, long day.

Diet-wise ... a good day. I had a bar at lunch then, for dinner tonight, made a vegetable bake with broccolli, cauli and some green beans. Steamed them first then made up a leek and potato CD soup with less water. Blended some of the veggies in to thicken then poured over the rest of the veggies in an oven-proof dish. I sprinkled a TINY amount of grated cheese on top (10g) and a little paprika then baked in the over for 15 mins. It was gorgeous ... and filling.
For dessert was my favourite ... CD choc orange mousse.

Thanks for the support everyone - I truly appreciate it :)

Congratulations on the grades RD they are fantastic.. one day maybe you too will be a published poet....:D

Dinner sounds scrummy... might have to pinch that idea for myself!!

Have a good day and hope you get a good result at the scales.... it's later today isn't it?????

Take care...

Yep - weigh-in at 5pm.

Forgot to say that I test drove a car on Wednesday; I won't say what it was ... suffice to say it was an estate.
I love my Mazda sports car (my baby!!) but since we got rid of our big 8 seater Delica and Steve went from a works estate car to a works van, the Mazda has been the 'family car' and it's just not practical for that.

Even 12 year old Sophie's knees are pressed up against the seat when she's in the back - they're not designed to lug kids plus their kit around (plus it's only a 4 seater). So with much reluctance, I suggested we look for something better suited to family life hence the test drive the other day. It's the same age as the Mazda (old - N reg) but in very good nick.
Steve will be coming with me for a second look and a test drive tomorrow. If we decide to buy it, I'll tell you what it is ;)

Well done on your grades Debs, fantastic result especially with the year you've just had! I am in total admiration.

Good luck with your weigh in later xxxx

Wow RD, fantastic grade, you are a star!! You had better be looking great for graduation if you are going to do that well!!!

Good luck with weigh-in, not that you need it. You've done very well this week and I am sure it will have paid off. I'm betting on 3 off, so we shall see!

Have a good day.

Love

Good luck RD

Back