Russiandoll's Diary

Well, as I suspected, a small 1lb loss this week. But I'm not despairing or getting all twisted out of shape about it ... it's a LOSS after all. I've been in ketosis all week too so it's probably a pound of pure fat (eeeuwww).
Thinking about it, if I lost 1lb every week until Christmas I'd lose about 4st although I know that I'll be losing at a faster rate than that. But even if it was at the rate of 1lb per week, it would add up to a huge accumulative loss in a year. When I GAINED 4st in a year I considered it a phenomenally fast gain and was pretty peeved about it. Seeing it that way makes me accept a 1lb loss far more readily.

So - Just 1lb to go to get that first stone off and I'm sure I can do that next week :)

Goals for next week
To drink more water (my weakest area).
To stay positive
To enjoy what I eat
To get a bit more active

Onwards and downwards peeps!!

Good reaction -positive, sensible, logical and spot on. Yes, a lb is a lb of fat, gone forever, never gonna bother you again. Also, you have found the plan relatively easy to stick to, so you can do it for however long it takes; because, well, why wouldn't you? You know it's working, you're on your way. Well done, Debbie, your mindset IS going to get you there!

Love

Hi I know just how you feel!
Were we not buddies on Anne Diamonds site? lol

I don't remember your nickname ... but I was certainly on the Anne Diamond site. Did you have a different name?

Hi Irene
We went out to look at a car. I've decided that my sports car (love it though I do) is just not practical as the main family car anymore. It was OK when steve had a company estate car - now he has a van and we have to use my Mazda for everything.

Even 12 year old sophie has her knees pressed against the drivers seat when she sits in the back - it's even worse for any adult passengers. We looked at an estate car (not a new one - it's an N reg) and may go for it as it'll practically be a straight swap.

I also bought a new laptop with my student loan. Mine is over 6 years old - still servicable but a bit outdated and slow. In an English degree, a decent laptop is the 'tool of the trade' so I bit the bullet and got a good one. DD3 will inherit my old Toshiba.

It's been a really nice day and I haven't even broken my diet - bonus! :)

Well done Debbie - birthdays often signal a 'do what you want' day foodwise, but you stuck to your plan - brilliant.

Sounds like you had a nice day.

Love

I haven't posted much on my diary lately because - well, there isn't much to say!
Diet-wise, I'm just chugging along from day to day; no great highs or lows. Still on the 790 plan and apart from one unfortunate encounter with a handful of graded mature cheddar, all has been ok.

I still haven't cracked the 'loads of water' thing - it's a definite no-no on Uni days for two reasons ... the incredibly-long-with-no-stop-offs drive along the M27/A27 and sitting in lectures. Both of those are not conducive to toilet breaks!

I don't know why I say 'I should drink more' though - I never do it! I guess I'm averaging about 2L a day ... better than nothing I suppose.

Think I'll go and zizz up some psyllium porrige now

TTFN :)

i spent ages looking for everyones diaries.. and here they are.. lol..
needing the toilet when your in the car traveling a long way.. not very good.. bless you..
glad to see your doing well..
x x x

Went to see my mum and dad yesterday - he's still here and fighting as always although it's painful to see him dying a little more each day.

The back of his right hand looks raw and painful. When I asked what had happened, he explained that he had knocked it against the bathroom door frame and a small blood blister had burst and was bleeding. So, as my mum was at the shops, he put a small plaster on it. But it wasn't enough so he went to replace it but his skin was so thin, it ripped off along with the plaster ... so followed a tale of bigger plasters, more ripped skin, gauze, bandages and eventually spray plaster.
His skin is like parchment - like he's 90 years old instead of just 68.

Still he battles on though - my mum said he hadn't been outside for weeks. His response was that he didn't want to catch a cold (he only has one lung operating) but that as soon as the weather picks up, he's going out! He's so painfully thin - a shadow of the 16st bloke he was and it's agonising to witness the gradual demise of such a strong man.

I took him round some traditional Barley Sugar in an old fashioned jar in case he needed a little sugar boost and we had a good chat about cars (his passion). He had a good chuckle at some of the stuff I was telling him too ... it did my heart good to see him laugh.

Diet-wise ... things are going ok. I'm not exactly jumping up and down whooping with excitement but just going from day to day sticking to 790 'reasonably' well (the occasional extra bit of tuna).

Last edited:
Sorry to read about your dad Debbie. It is sad when you watch a parent deteriorate health wise. I can feel the love you have for him pouring out of this post though.

Well done on the 790 front - I put tuna, cottage cheese, cuecumber and celery together and it makes a nice meal.

Hi Debbie

It made my heart ache to read your post about your dear Dad. The situation with my Mum is similar except she has had 86 good years and your poor Dad has not had anything like that. (not that I am any more ready to let her go than you are your dad)
I am glad you had a laugh together, that is so important and so good for both of you.

Lots of love

oh debs.. it really made me ache when i read that.. i guess i cant really say i know how you feel.. but i can understand.. when my nana was poorly.. it was like.. heartbreaking.. and you knew the only thing you could do was be strong for them.. even though you didnt always feel as if you could..
It good that you had a laugh together..
*hugs hugs hugs*
Cat x x x

Thanks for your understanding. Although it's terribly sad that my dad has cancer and his life will be shorter than I'd have liked, I think that we're coming to a place of calm acceptance and are making the most of every moment we have left.

We do quite a bit of reminiscing and that makes us laugh. My dad tell old Navy stories - we've heard them a hundred times before but every time it's just as fresh and funny. I'll have to try and remember some of them and write them down in a book.

Here's a pic of us last Feb on our family night out, when he was still able to walk.

I am thinking about you all the time Debs and admire your strength and determination at this time xxxx

Back