Russiandoll's Diary

I really need to stop weighing myself at home!!

I weighed myself earlier today and according to my scales I'd GAINED 3lb!! :eek: Of course I was pretty peeved but tried hard to hang on to logic ... there was NO WAY I could have gained 3lb of fat. It takes 3500 cals to 'make' 1lb of fat: I don't even consume 3500 cals a day let alone OVER consume that amount.

TOTM is due in 2 days so I tried to stay level headed, telling myself it's water retention, it's water retention ...
Anyway, went to my weigh in at 5.15 and ............. I've LOST 2lb!! :D Now, I could easily have gone int a tailspin and pigged out earlier thinking I'd gained (god knows I'm premenstrual and could eat a whole loaf right now) but luckily I kept my cool.

My scales are doing my head in so I think that perhaps it's time to consign them to the loft until I reach goal.

Another 2lb gone - 15lb in total so far ... yayyyy!

:happy036:Well done on your weight loss Debbie!

You have over a stone gone now:happy096:

Time to get rid of those scales :)
3341.gif

Love Mini xxx

:happy036:Well done on your weight loss Debbie!

You have over a stone gone now:happy096:

Time to get rid of those scales :)
3341.gif

Love Mini xxx

Yes, yes, yes!!!! Ditch the scales Debbie!!!! You KNOW they can screw with your head when YOU KNOW you have done well!! :D:D:D:D

Huggz Debbs
I know and understand what you are going through..xx

I think most of us know EXACTLY where you are coming from.... Why do we step on them???? My scales have been stuck all week - like you normally I would have used this as an excuse to pig out, this week I feel like I am actually fighting them! Everytime I get on them and they've not moved I have actually stuck my 2 fingers up at them, told them they aint f&*king winning and carried on SS'ing - its like I have to beat them now!

I think we may need to have a virtual ceremonial banishment of scales ... Anyway - well done on a great week xxx

Well done on your loss Debbie - you are doing brilliantly. I bet you are feeling chuffed with yourself -you should be, your steady losses are really adding up!

Have a lovely day.

Love

I'm in a really horrible, miserable, depressed mood. Maybe it's because TOTM is due (overdue in fact) and I'm tired and I'm fed up with steve working away from home all week every week ... there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel - this isn't a temporary thing; it's for as long as he works with this company. We talk on msn every night (phone signal where he stays is unreliable) but conducting a marriage on msn isn't ideal really (understatement!)

I'm fed up with Uni - I feel I can't cope with the work - the modules are boring the pants off me - the house is a mess - I'm fed up with dieting ... I want a loaf of bread smothered in peanut butter.

OH F$%#IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There - got it off my chest!! I'm off to conduct the rest of my pity party in bed - on my own - as usual. Hmmmph.

Hi Debbie,

Don't blame you one bit for feeling so down as you have a lot going on just now.

Sending hugs and love and I hope tomorrow things look a little brighter for you.:hug99:

Love Mini xxx

Just caught up with this thread, having internet probs at the moment.

Sorry to hear your feeling a bit pants at the moment. I can appreciate how much you miss Steve. When Ash I first met he was in the Merchant Navy and was away for 4 weeks at a time. After being made redundant, he then went to a new company and was away for 3 months at a time - it was dreadful and we missed each other dreadfully. What was worse was that he was off the West Coast of Africa, thousands of miles away! I just hope that your TOTM comes soon, and you are once again back on an even keel. Sending lots of love and hugs xxxx

Sorry about the whinge last night folks ... and thank you for your support through it. This morning, I still feel crappy but resigned to having to wade though these feelings that come to the surface from time to time.

I won't resort to big slabs of fresh bread topped with more bread topped with something carby (although it's what my body is screaming for right now). I know it won't help ... far from it, I'd feel terrible afterwards. So it's water, coffee, a bit of R&R with some reading for uni and a 'go easy on myself' day.

Hi Debbie

With what you're going through at the moment I admire you tremendously for not giving into the hunks of bread and a huge carb fest (even just typing the words has got me drooling!! :p). But you're right in saying that you'll just end up feeling tons worse afterwards, so all credit to you for being good to yourself.

There's not a lot I can say to make your current situation any better - but it WILL become easier I'm sure. I remember going through a time when I did my degree when I absolutely HATED everything I had to do .. but it really is worthwhile in the end. And you've had such amazing results so far that there's no reason why you shouldn't achieve everything you've worked so hard for up to now :)

Sending you lots of love and masses of :hug99: to help you through the day.

I've had a naff weekend feeling rotton and full of the cold. I had a mini carb fest Saturday and fell for a sandwich. I felt so damn awful afterwards. Nice at the time but I was so guilty afterwards. Still - onwards and upwards. Looking back on it, it WAS nice - but not that good that I couldn't have done without it.

Maybe the fact I gave in and you didn't will help keep your spirits up. : hugs :

Awww sarah ... I could never feel better because of someone else's slip-up. We're all human and we all slip - it's the fact you've picked yourself up and carried on that has lifted my spirits :)

Sharon - bless you for your kind comments; the power of this forum is immense ... never underestimate how much sway all your supportive words have; when the going gets tough (and let's face it, we all experience tough patches) the encouragement on here can make the difference between throwing in the towel and carrying on.

Thank you everyone xxx

I whisked together the flour, the eggs, the milk and water. I heated the oil in the pan. I poured the batter into the pan and heard it sizzle. It formed a perfect circle and slowly firmed up. Holding the pan handle with two hands, I slid the golden disc around and ALLEYOOP!!! tossed it into the air! It flipped over mid-air like a giant coin and I caught it back in the pan again, much to the delight of my 12 year old.

yes - it was pancake day and I repeated this process a total of EIGHT times without having a single mouthful .... Oh yes, I AM a virtuous tosser!!

I whisked together the flour, the eggs, the milk and water. I heated the oil in the pan. I poured the batter into the pan and heard it sizzle. It formed a perfect circle and slowly firmed up. Holding the pan handle with two hands, I slid the golden disc around and ALLEYOOP!!! tossed it into the air! It flipped over mid-air like a giant coin and I caught it back in the pan again, much to the delight of my 12 year old.

yes - it was pancake day and I repeated this process a total of EIGHT times without having a single mouthful .... Oh yes, I AM a virtuous tosser!!

252525252521cid25252525255F16505922.gif

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy096:

On flipping your pancakes and staying strong:talk017:

Love Mini xxx

Back