Ruth's Diary Week 2

Right here goes! Wednesday onwards!

Wednesday 10th November- Red Work 6:30-1:30

Breakfast: Weetabix X2 (HEB1) with 1% Fat Milk (HEA1) and 1 Banana
Cup of Tea with 1% Fat Milk

Lunch: Mullerlight X1, Grapes, Tomatoes, Apple, Oranges (Big Fruit Salad)

Dinner: (arghh!) Boyfriend had bought me a Dominos! :/ So had half of a Chicken Strippers & Potato Wedges Thing (with Honey & Mustard dressing) and 3 Slices of Medium Pepperoni Passion Pizza! (With Half pot of Garlic & Herb)!
He got me a low fat cheese topping! So hopefully it could count a bit towards a Healthy Extra A!
The Skin on Potatoes could also count towards my Healthy Extra B (I hope)!

I have decided to completely write off my day- it was a nice treat but I hate feeling as full as I did!
I have also decided never to eat Dominos again as the Syns are just ridiculous! Ive looked around at various Syn Counts and its just not worth it! Instead ill make my own pizza! Less grease, fat, syns so therefore worth it!

WEIGH IN! -1.5 Which is my Half a Stone!!!!- if I hadnt rang my boyfriend in excitement of getting my 2nd sticker maybe he wouldnt have ordered me a Dominos :(

Whitby Today! Going to be as Good as Possible!
No fudge, sweets etc! This is the only time I will be visiting all year so will make the most of it!
Taking my Dad away due to him being ill with his heart recently!

Thursday 11th November- Red Work- HOLIDAY

Breakfast:Bacon Sandwich- All Fat removed from Bacon, 1 Tbsp Brown Sauce, White Bap, No Spread. Cup of Tea with 1% Fat Milk.

Lunch/Dinner: Magpie Cafe (yay!) [in the pub I had a bottle of Cider which was 12 Syns]
Haddock & Salmon Gratin: Haddock, Salmon, Mustard, Cream, Cheese, Breadcrumbs (Fish pie with no Mashed Potato but Breadcrumbs) with New Potatoes (skin on), 1 Tbsp Tartare Sauce
Cup of Tea with 1% Fat Milk (I brought my own!!!), Diet Coke, Autumn Pudding- Fruits of the Forest, Sugar, 1 Slice of Bread, Vanilla Custard, Mint Sprig.

Syns:
Vanilla Custard = 5
Slice of Bread = 4.0
Sugar (about 2tbsp) = 5
Tartare Sauce = 2
Cider= 12
White Bap = 6
Brown Sauce= 1
= 35

The Fish Pie was very small with very little Sauce and Mainly Fish! I will do my best with Syns here!
Thermidor Sauce
Sauce in Fish Pie = Small Amount of Mustard = 2
Butter = 5
Sherry = 3.0
Milk = 3.0
Cheese = 3.0
=16

=51- BUT SO WORTH IT!

Friday 12th November - Green Work 6:30-1:30

Breakfast: Weetabix X2 (HEB1) with 1% Fat Milk, Banana. Tea with 1% Fat Milk (HEA1)

Lunch: Natural Yogurt with Fruit Salad, pears, muller yogurt, apple.

Dinner: Mixed Pepper Stir Fry (£1.00 Morrisons!) with Rice Noodles, chicken Breast and Soy Sauce
Natural Lf Yog with Belgian Choc Options Sachet.

Syns: Belgian Choc Sachet = 2!

(Decided Id do green as I wanted some Noodles!)

Saturday 13th November - Red OFF!

Breakfast: 2 Crumpets- 1 with 1 tsp LF Bertolli Spread, 1 with 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter Low Fat!
Tea with 1% Fat Milk!

Lunch: Green Salad with Spinach, Peppers, Pickled Onions, Tomatoes, Red Onion, Salad Light.

Dinner: Homemade Syn Free Pizza! See How to make Syn Free pizza « Dietgrrl I put 7 Olives, Anchovies, Light Mozzarella, Lean Bacon, Mushrooms, Passata and Oregano on mine! Really Filling and Yum!
SW Free Chips
3 Galaxy Amicelli Sticks
Diet Coke

Syns:
3 Galaxy Amicelli Sticks = 12
Anchovies = 0.5
Olives = 1
Lf Spread = 1
Peanut Butter = 4
2 X Crumpets
=28.5

Last edited:
Sunday 14th November- Red OFF

Breakfast: Crumpets x2 with 1 tbsp low fat spread. Cup of Tea with 1% Milk (HEA1)

Lunch: Hovis Nimble Bread X2 (HEB1) Red Fat Peanut Butter X1 Tbsp
Apple, Orange, 2 Kiwis.

Dinner: Lean Shredded Lamb with Carrots, Green Beans, Roast Potatoes with Skin On (HEB2)
1 Small Yorkshire Pudding, Homemade Gravy (HEA2) [lots of milk!!!!!!!]
1 Slither of Morrisons The Best Chocolate Cake
1 Slither of Morrisons The Best Coffee Cake

Juice of 1 Punnet of Grapes

Syns:
Choc Cake = 4
Coffee Cake = 4 (pointed them as Gateaux as cant find them!)
Yorkshire Pudding (Small) = 3.0
RF Peanut Butter = 4
Crumpets = 8
Lf Spread = 3
=26

Hello Everyone,
Need a bit of help really!
Was doing really well until Sunday Night/Monday Morning.
Flat Mate decided to jump off a bridge early Monday morning- hes now in the psychiatric unit of our Hospital for at least 28 days after being sectioned :(
Obviously I know hes in the right place and that he will definitely get better through their help- this might sound really selfish but what with frequent trips to the hospital and long waiting times convenience and ease took over on the food front which resulted in KFCs and Dominos! Which led to a half a pound gain on Wednesday night.
He will be coming back to live with us when hes discharged but hopefully he will go home for xmas. Just wondering if anyone had any advice- hes only 19 and im 20 and not particularly sure how to treat him/ the situation itself.
Also wondering what people have done when their routine etc has been knocked to get back on track.
I will begin my diary again from Thursday 18th November.

Many thanks

Ruth
x

Thursday 18th November- EE Work- 1:30-9:00

Breakfast: Ready Brek Original (28g) (HEB) with 2 Kiwis and 1 Scan Bran. 1 Banana, Cup of Tea with S/S Milk (HEA)

Lunch/Dinner: Large Mixed Salad- Smoked Salmon, Celery, Baby Corn, Mange Tout, Green Beans, Mushrooms, Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes, Beetroot, Hot & Spicy Pickled Onions, Capers, Kraft Light Garlic & Herb Dressing, Olives X7. Citrus Zest Diet Coke.

Post-Work: Cup of Tea with S/S Milk

Syns: Olives = 1, 1 Tbsp Dressing = 1
=2

Ok here goes - my observations advice...

Pureed fruit is synned - depends on which fruit but all of it is synned when it is pureed.

Eat grapes and narnas twice a week only

Flat mate - not a lot you can do really - he will be stabilised with medication but when he feels better he will decide he no longer needs the medication and he will stop taking it and then when he slides into mental illness again he will not have the insight to be able to see it coming until he does something to try to destroy himself again. If he is amenable - the only thing you can do it keep an eye on him and ask him if he has taken his meds but this seems like a lot of responsibility for you. :(

Oh Goodness is it!
I only used a blender and then froze it!
I was just trying to make fresh fruit different- will have to find another way!

Thanks for the Advice on my Flat Mate- things have got a bit worse since I last posted.
So don't think he will be out any time soon!

Cheers

Ruth
x

Friday 19th November-EE Work: 6:30-13:30[/B]

Breakfast: Weetabix X2 (HEB half!) with 1 Banana & Cup of Tea with Skimmed Milk (had to throw it away :( as milk was off and didnt realise!) (HEA half!)
Hartleys Low Cal Jelly Pots X2 (when I got to work as a replacement!)
Black Coffee X2

Lunch: Baked Beans in a Bowl

Dinner: Stir-Fry with Noodles and Soy Sauce
Daim Bar Chocolate
1 Babybel Light Mini (counts as other half of HEA from this morning)

(I couldnt find anything for my other HEB so left it!)

Syns:
Daim Bar= 7
Jelly Pots X2 = 1
=8

95 Left

Have just consumed a 400g Tin of Heinz Potato and Leek soup- and have just found out its 9 Syns!
:(

How annoying! I know I should have looked!- Just didnt have time to make my own today!

I think that is a bit harsh! I have mental helath issues been in hospital etc and I am still here. I have been on meds and therapy and I have done so much better. With help he can gain insight and learn where the signs are and maybe if their are other sisues to why he wanted to end his life he can talk through with a therapist.

-
Flat mate - not a lot you can do really - he will be stabilised with medication but when he feels better he will decide he no longer needs the medication and he will stop taking it and then when he slides into mental illness again he will not have the insight to be able to see it coming until he does something to try to destroy himself again. If he is amenable - the only thing you can do it keep an eye on him and ask him if he has taken his meds but this seems like a lot of responsibility for you. :([/QUOTE]

Thanks very much! :)
Glad to know you got better!
He has his review next week so we will see where the Hospital think hes at.

Ruth
x

Saturday 20th November- EE Work 6:30-13:30[/B]

Breakfast Weetabix X2 (HEB1) with Semi Skimmed Milk (HEA1), 1 Banana and 1 Scan Bran.
Cup of Tea with SS Milk.

Lunch: Heinz Potato & Leek Soup! Mixed Fruit Salad with Melon, Mango, Apple (R&G), Kiwi, Pineapple. Diet Coke, 2 Mullerlight Yogurts, Black Coffee.

Dinner: Got Taken Out! :) American/Mexican Yum!: Diet Coke, Cranberry Juice, Chicken Fajitas, Half Nachos!

Syns:
Heinz Soup= 9! GRRRRRR
Half Nachos= 12.5
Chicken Fajitas = 25
Cranberry Juice = 6.5
=53 :) Very worth it!

Remaining = 42 Until Wednesday :)

Last edited:
Thanks very much! :)
Glad to know you got better!
He has his review next week so we will see where the Hospital think hes at.

Ruth
x

Are you involved with the reviews? I suppose I'm just thinking about what their expectations of you will be if/when they do let him come home. I would hope that he'd come out with some appropriate support in the form on on-going therapy, medication and a CPN to monitor that he's coping - that shouldn't be down to you - but in the real world if they feel he's going to get support within his home environment they may not be as quick to offer the other things! Just a word of caution really about being very clear about what your role will be....

I dont think that my Partner and I are involved actually.
His parents decided to get involved (they are unfortunately the main cause of many of his problems)
and we seem to have been pushed out. Unfortunately they don't seem to realise that he will be coming home with us and they will wash their hands of him all over again... then we will be back to sq 1.

He got his meds changed which made him start hearing voices and trying to harm himself on Wednesday- he has since had them changed so hopefully this will change things.

My mum said that he should get a CPN- my problem is that if he stops taking his meds then im frightened about his capiabilities

Ruth
x

Mmm difficult..... Does he have a keyworker/link nurse or someone at the hospital that you might see when you visit him and be able to have a discussion with? If he's definitely coming home to you then you need to have a support system in place as well just in case things break down - at least contact numbers for CPN etc and an acknowledgement from them that you are involved and that they can speak to you about him! I don't mean sharing his medical history but just to ensure that they listen to you if you phone with any concerns. It's the fine line of making sure that you have an agreed route to follow if there's a problem as opposed to being seen as the main carers and left to get on with it. Maybe I'm just too cynical though and not all areas are like mine! :rolleyes:

We are quite Lucky in Harrogate, my Mum runs Mind mental health charity day centres here and theres some strong links in York and Leeds. But I will go and see the main member of staff that looks after him!
Thank you very much!

Will let you know how it goes!

Ill tell you what, my life is never boring! theres always something going on!

Ruth
x

Oh right well not as good as I thought!!!!

Cheers
x

Back