Ruths PP/PV Diary 12.5lbs Down 25 To Go

Trefoil

Gold Member
Hiya!
I'm starting Dukan tomorrow :) I currently attend SW but my hours have changed at work and I can't get to any classes. Someone suggested Dukan so I would like to give it a go! I have just under 50lbs to lose.

I went on the website and did the ideal weight check and it's 11.3 and I currently stand at 13.9 :) I will be on attack for 5 days.
I have read some of The book (I have pre ordered the life plan which should be here this week) and the recipes look scrummy so I'm excited!

I will set up my diary on here :) I normally give up after a couple of weeks but everything looks so great!!!!!

Any help/tips would be great!

Ruth
X

Is it 2 Tbsps of oat bran every day?

Also I've looked at peoples diaries and I have a huge appetite and the amount of food I've planned looks like loads!!! I've followed the menus in the book!

This is tomorrow:

B: tea, 2 small plain non fat yogs, 1 boiled egg
S: 115g non fat cottage cheese
L: hard boiled egg with Dukan mayonnaise, pepper steak and two small non fat yogurts
S: 1 slice of turkey
D: sautéed shrimps with herbs
Tandoori chicken escalopes
Custard egg flan

Shall I put the oat bran in The Yog???

Thanks

Ruth
X

Welcome to the DD!

For the oatbran thing it's 1.5 tbsp for attack then 2 for cruise.
I found it really helpful to ask questions here, especially when I first set out, as there are often things I thought of along the way (or more likely things I wanted to know if I could have :D )

The only thing I did find initially was that I was almost scared of eating something forbidden accidently (or not accidently...) but have chilled out a bit since and am more relaxed as now as I've found while it may stall me, I don't instantly regain everything I've lost if I do!

Keep us posted!

Choccie x

Choccie said:
Welcome to the DD!

For the oatbran thing it's 1.5 tbsp for attack then 2 for cruise.
I found it really helpful to ask questions here, especially when I first set out, as there are often things I thought of along the way (or more likely things I wanted to know if I could have :D )

The only thing I did find initially was that I was almost scared of eating something forbidden accidently (or not accidently...) but have chilled out a bit since and am more relaxed as now as I've found while it may stall me, I don't instantly regain everything I've lost if I do!

Keep us posted!

Choccie x

Thank you very much :)

I think I will need a bit of help, although don't we all :) I'm used to going to meetings so it will be odd!

Really looking forward to starting it!

Ruth
X

Welcome :) just think of this forum as a meeting ;) everyone is so supportive here

ellie1969 said:
Welcome :) just think of this forum as a meeting ;) everyone is so supportive here

Thanks Ellie!!!

I will do it's the first time I've done a plan without a meeting but everyone is so great on here!

I have ordered the Dukan life plan book so I can't wait for that to arrive it's released on the 10th of November!!

I have posted into an attack diary but I might change the title of this one and turn it into my diary now I've started posting!

I am scared of eating too much!

The menus in the book look great but I'm unsure whether to eat all of it like I posted above or to just eat one meal from every section :)

I have taken a week off work to do this too :)

Also- I work shifts at work, on a Monday and tuesday night I work until 9 is it possible to do this on the move?

Thanks

Ruth
X

Don't worry about eating too much - if you eat allowed foods you can have as much as you like! And actually it is good to eat lots as if you aren't hungry you are less likely to be tempted when you see something you shouldn't eat.

It should be possible to do this with your shift work - I don't know how you usually have your meals when you are on lates whether you have a main meal before you go out or when you come back but just have allowed foods for them.

I aim (but often don't manage!) to cook a few meals together then have them in the fridge and reheat at lunch or in the evening.

The galettes are good, and you can refridgerate them too, and add things like vanilla or cinnamon to flavour them. I sometimes take them to work for a snack.
Chicken breasts, boiled eggs and packs of lean ham are also good for food on the move.

Choccie said:
Don't worry about eating too much - if you eat allowed foods you can have as much as you like! And actually it is good to eat lots as if you aren't hungry you are less likely to be tempted when you see something you shouldn't eat.

It should be possible to do this with your shift work - I don't know how you usually have your meals when you are on lates whether you have a main meal before you go out or when you come back but just have allowed foods for them.

I aim (but often don't manage!) to cook a few meals together then have them in the fridge and reheat at lunch or in the evening.

The galettes are good, and you can refridgerate them too, and add things like vanilla or cinnamon to flavour them. I sometimes take them to work for a snack.
Chicken breasts, boiled eggs and packs of lean ham are also good for food on the move.

Oh good im glad and I'm pleased that I will be able to manage it over my shifts!!!

I thought about the boiled eggs and cold chicken legs and meats :)

I don't really understand this galettes thing I have found a recipe is it like a cake thing?!?!?

I'm hoping that by eating a lot it will gradually decrease my appetite rather than being hungry to start off with!!!!!!!

Ruth
X

I have Decided to take some measurements before I start! I would ideally like to lose some cm from my bust and hips:

Arms 12cm
Thighs 22cm
Hips 43cm
Waist 38cm
Bust 44cm

Ruth
X

Which brand of yoghurt are you having, Trefoil? Once in cruise, the only thing one can eat "too much" of is dairy... He allows 1K per day, including 1/4L skimmed milk, but most of us have found that amount to be too much for a regular weight loss.

Where lean meat and fish are concerned, don't worry about quantities. If you're hungry, eat protein... (careful with marinades, and check your tandoori powder for sugar etc.)

I'd advise using your oatbran for a galette, or make muffins/"cake"/"bread" with it. Having it the lazy way, stirred into yoghurt, is great when in a rush, but the other recipes will fill you more.

Enjoy!

Good luck Ruth hope you have a good day today and enjoy it ...looking forward to hearing your progress.... I recognise your name did you do ww ??? I've just come over from that and already lost 4lb after months of struggling and gaining ...I haven't been hungry once x

Maintainer said:
Which brand of yoghurt are you having, Trefoil? Once in cruise, the only thing one can eat "too much" of is dairy... He allows 1K per day, including 1/4L skimmed milk, but most of us have found that amount to be too much for a regular weight loss.

Where lean meat and fish are concerned, don't worry about quantities. If you're hungry, eat protein... (careful with marinades, and check your tandoori powder for sugar etc.)

I'd advise using your oatbran for a galette, or make muffins/"cake"/"bread" with it. Having it the lazy way, stirred into yoghurt, is great when in a rush, but the other recipes will fill you more.

Enjoy!

Thanks very much!!!

After more reading I have found out that a galette is a pancake which I love!!! I'm waiting for my book to come but I will look for the muffin/bread/cake recipe :)

The yogurt I am going to buy is asdas fat free natural yogurt as I love plain Yog anyway, is total 0% ok too as I love that?

I only have a freezer that's as big as a small drawer but I will batch make some things like the flan/galettes and maybe the beef kebabs/salmon fillets and keep smoked salmon in the fridge to snack on :)

I do drink skimmed milk but only in tea and I love my tea strong :) am I wrong by following the menus in the book??

Thanks

Ruth
X

Rednicola said:
Good luck Ruth hope you have a good day today and enjoy it ...looking forward to hearing your progress.... I recognise your name did you do ww ??? I've just come over from that and already lost 4lb after months of struggling and gaining ...I haven't been hungry once x

Thank you :) I did do WW and it was one of the biggest wastes of my time! I couldnt lose anything!
I'm glad you're enjoying this plan so much I'm sure I will too!

Have a lovely day!

Ruth
X

I don't know about the asda one but I tend to stick to total 0% as some of the others can have too much sugar, total is fine. As others have said u really can eat as much as u want I never let myself go hungry and fin I lose more the more I eat!

Jade25 said:
I don't know about the asda one but I tend to stick to total 0% as some of the others can have too much sugar, total is fine. As others have said u really can eat as much as u want I never let myself go hungry and fin I lose more the more I eat!

Right I will buy lots of total then! Love the stuff!!!
I really do have a large appetite so I will eat until im satisfied!

Thanks for the help!

Ruth
X

It's now 6 days on attack! I assumed I'd put weight on and I hadn't! Onwards and downwards!

Ruth
X

It's time to move onto Cruise! At your weight, six days is far too long a period on attack! Your poor body must need its veggies now.

In our FAQ thread, you'll find lots of info including a suggestion to go onto the official website to calculate your "true weight" (and it'll tell you how long you should have done attack for!). Probably no more than 3 days. Never mind. If you're not totally bunged up(!), you survived, so time to treat your body to some veggies :D

Total 0% is a better option than the Asda one which is fat free yes, but check the label for sugar.

Good luck!

Maintainer said:
It's time to move onto Cruise! At your weight, six days is far too long a period on attack! Your poor body must need its veggies now.

In our FAQ thread, you'll find lots of info including a suggestion to go onto the official website to calculate your "true weight" (and it'll tell you how long you should have done attack for!). Probably no more than 3 days. Never mind. If you're not totally bunged up(!), you survived, so time to treat your body to some veggies :D

Total 0% is a better option than the Asda one which is fat free yes, but check the label for sugar.

Good luck!

Hi maintainer

What happens if you stay on attack too long im still still waiting for my book !!!!! and what would you say is the best combination of pp & pv days in your experience x

Thanks x

Back