Sad Muller News...

Snagger frassin - Banana custard is one of my fave's over weetabix or fruit salad. I'll try the new recipe & might just syn if it's worth it. Otherwise I've got high hopes for the coconut one or simply stick to the vanilla or orange with sprinkles.

Thank NiaX...
I do love this site, Otherwise I would not find out things like this. And to be fair, they are so trivial, but yet so important..
Thank you x

I'm actually wondering why I pay to go to group because our consultant NEVER lets us now about changes like this and quorn.
We get no emails, no phonecalls- even if we're a no show one week.
She's a lovely person but a bad C. rant over!! :)

mullerlight yoghurts

Hi not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, or if it's already been posted, but I just saw this on slimming world website & thought I'd share :)

As from 1st August Müller is re-branding and reformulating all their Müllerlight yogurts to make them thicker and creamier. Although some flavours are still Free, this will affect the Syn values of some yogurts.
The Müllerlight flavours that are still FREE are:
  • Cherry
  • Orange sprinkled with dark chocolate
  • Raspberry and cranberry
  • Strawberry
  • Toffee
  • Vanilla
  • Vanilla sprinkled with dark chocolate
The Müllerlight flavours that are no longer FREE are:
  • Banana and Custard (175g pot): 1 Syn
  • Mandarin (175g pot): ½ Syn
  • Peach & Pineapple (175g pot): ½ Syn
  • Rhubarb (175g pot): ½ Syn
Plus – the Vanilla sprinkled with dark chocolate with a black cherry underlayer (165g pot) has changed to 1½ Syns
Because Müller know how much we love and rely on their Free yogurts as part of Food Optimising, they’re currently in the process of changing the recipe for the five flavours that contain Syns to make them even lower in Syns or completely Free. We’ll keep you posted with any developments!
New flavours coming soon!

As advertised in August/September’s Slimming World magazine Müller is also launching three exciting new flavours of Müllerlight yogurts on 1st August: Coconut sprinkled with Dark Chocolate – Limited Edition; Lemon Cheesecake and Mango & Passionfruit.
Of these delicious new flavours, only the Coconut sprinkled with Dark Chocolate flavour is Free. The Lemon Cheesecake flavour yogurt, (which is only available in the cheesecake yogurt 6 pack), is 1 Syn per 165g pot and the Mango & Passionfruit Müllerlight yogurt is ½ Syn per 175g pot.

boo hoo :cry::cry::cry::cry:the only one I like is the banana & custard and that's gonna be synned :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Thanks for the heads up Leigh. One of my faves is Banana and Custard too with a banana chooped up in it........... boo-hoo :cry:

I love the Rhubarb and the Mandarin flavours too ~ especially with fruit salad. Sadly it looks like most of my faves are going to be synned :(

Yep there is lengthy thread about this already and some not very happy people around here

Still half a syn or even 1 syn a yoghurt is not a huge amount.

Very true Circes - and well worth the "price" you pay I think

Well at least the Rasp & Cran is still free.
But rhubarb is my absolute favourite. Still, 1/2 syn 4 or 5 times a week isn't too bad.
Any news on apricot? That's my second fave.

I think a couple of syns on Mullers is not the end of the world. Like every one of us, we plan our days - if you are having a muller, have less of something else so you use the same amount of syns.

Does seem to be a pattern of free foods having revised syn values now.

Next it will be Mugshots and Pasta n Sauces that have 20 syns each! hehehehehe! I always think foods like these shouldnt be syn free - it promotes over eating in my opinion....but i can see the convienence pov on it.

I know its banned to talk about them on here, so i'll say this very quietly....

Other brands of syn free yogurt are available

& some of them are nicer than mullers :)

Got sick of mullers along time ago - prefer my activia's especially the raspberry one(makes a great filling for a 1/2 syn roulade!!)

Thank you Ellebear

didnt they just add syns to the Shape Delights too? lol! :rolleyes:

heres the link for anyone who hasnt seen the thread

http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/121314-syn-free-yoghurts.html

Cheers for this thread on syn free yogs. Sometimes get fed up with Mullers, had forgotten about some of the other free ones I like :D

Am still quite excited about the Muller coconut with dark choc sprinkles :D Trying not to think about it too much - fantasy is usually better than reality :):):):):):):):):)

I think u have a point about Pasta n Sauces etc leading to overeating - it does in my case. I love SW, but sometimes take the "eat as much as you want" to the maximum when sometimes I could do with more restraints -however that problem lies with me and not SW lol

My C said tonight that SW are talking to Muller and they might not be adding syns after all!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back