Saddle Bags No More!

Hi Mav

I can imagine it is very difficult for you my lovely, and to be honest that's why I never mentioned it before in any of my posts to you, I know you will have all sorts racing through your mind anyway and I didn't want to mention it, even though you'll see it on the news everyday you can never comprehend how massive it is to go out there until one of your own are there can you.

He didn't have to do what he did to save the others and in hindsight he would obviously have still been here but I guess that's what he trained to do and he chose to save 10 others rather than himself. He had everything planned down to the dot for if he didn't come back too which says a lot for someone so young, right down to where he wanted to be buried and headstone. He even had a large amount of money set aside for a huge party for him if this happened.

He'll be home before you know it and you can then look forward to your life together wherever he will be posted.

Big hugs to you and sorry if I've made you worry even more, didn't intend to.

xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for that. You haven't made me worry any more than I would anyway, I think the next few weeks are going to be a massive learning curve for both of us on how well we cope/don't cope with it. At the moment, my coping mechanism is to go into shut down mode, which I know isn't helpful, but I don't want to give him any more cause to worry about me being upset. It's a viscious circle.

And I know in the grand scheme of things, something is more likely to happen to me in my every day life, than him out there. It's all fate isn't it...

xxx

He'll be fine honey and you're right we're more at danger in everyday life now you come to mention it and plus if he thinks you're coping ok it will make him ok too and you'll have all us on here to admit that you're not ok to won't you!;)

It'll fly by once you've got first month out of the way, get studying til he gets home and that will pass the time too.

Have a fab weekend, hope weather up there better than down here, it's absolutely pi$$ing it down here - don't you just love British Summer time - err no me neither!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks hun, I intend to have a fab weekend, syns in alcohol don't count this weekend!!!

Can't believe I totally missed your new job news. That's fantastic, yay to you for getting away from a crappy job, well done you :) xxx

Hi SB,

Congratulations on the wonderful new job! :happy096:

A new beginning is just what you could do with after all the upset you've been through xx

Morning Peeps

So it's wi day today and I have been 100% all week again but *week arrived this morning arrrrgghhhh!! But as I have just handed my notice in at work and I am on holiday this afternoon, nothing is going to spoil my day today (unless the scales show no loss!!)

Hello Saddlebags!:)
Im so glad youve started your own diary! i've read a few of your posts around the place!:)
Best of luck with WI tonight!:Dx

Aww thanks Jelly Belly, I wi at lunchtime but will not be back to my computer today so will report back tom. I will be gutted if I don't get a loss just cos of *week. I've been 100% all week. We had a bbq on sat night and everyone else was drinking beer and wine and I stuck to sparkling mineral water, salad, new pots and bbq meat obivously. No burgers in bread and cheese or cheesecake and chocolate muffins for me! Please, please, please let it be a loss xxxx

Hi Jackie,

It was. I did it as soon as I came in then I wouldn't be worrying about doing it. I felt instant relief. He said oh f***king hell! According to my contract I only have to give a weeks notice so I work it out that I leave next Thursday. We are going to a friends caravan at Filey for a long weekend next weekend then I'm having that week off and start my new job on 1st August all being well.

xxxxxxxxxx

Aww thanks Jelly Belly, I wi at lunchtime but will not be back to my computer today so will report back tom. I will be gutted if I don't get a loss just cos of *week. I've been 100% all week. We had a bbq on sat night and everyone else was drinking beer and wine and I stuck to sparkling mineral water, salad, new pots and bbq meat obivously. No burgers in bread and cheese or cheesecake and chocolate muffins for me! Please, please, please let it be a loss xxxx

Oohh WI at lunchtime, thats handy! I look forward to hearing how youu get on! Well fair play to you on the bbq front, your will power must be amazing! Im sure youl have a loss!:)

Congratulations on the new job too! Must have been an amazing feeling handing in your notice!:) im jelous...;)

I'll pop back tomorrow to see how youu got on! Best of luck!x

Hey SB, hope WI went well. Well done for handing in your notice too. I've never had to do it, but I imagine it must be a bit nerve-wracking, esp since you have to continue working there to do your notice. What a boost you only have to do a week tho, you can have a proper break then before starting the new job :) xx

Morning Mav

How are you feeling today - glum would be an understatement eh?! Try and keep your chin up my love you know on here we'll get you through as best we can matey.

I leave my job next Thursday, go to Filey Friday to Monday have the rest of that week off with the kids on school hols and start my new job 1st August. Can't wait.

On the wi front I'm a little disappointed, I lost 1lb but really really wanted more. I know a loss is a loss and it is *week but have been 100% and done quite a bit of walking this weekend so felt I deserved more. Never mind it'll catch up next week. 2.5lbs to get my 2 stone. It's mine next week, nothing is going to stop me!

Had an exhausting weekend. My daughter whose 5 went to the dentist on Friday as she's had toothache. She had a hole in her tooth which they filled. She did nothing but cry in pain since Friday afternoon, no amount of medicine would take away the pain. She cried so much love her. Managed to get her in emergency dentists on Sat morning, turns out when they put the filling in, it's only a paste they put in baby teeth, they touched a nerve - ouch! Seems to have settled down though and all was well until she went to school yesterday and fainted in assembly! She generally faints if she cuts herself and sees her own blood but this time no cut. It was very hot in the school hall and that must have just sent her over the edge bless her - oh and then she bumped heads with her friend so had a big red patch on her cheek all day.

That's me up to date then I think. Phew!

xxx

((hugs)) to your daughter, bless her heart.

Well done on the loss. 1lb is a 1lb sweetie. 2 slabs of butter :D

My weightloss is always slow even when stick to it 100%. Its frustrating isn't it? BUT I tell myself the slower it comes off the more likely it is to stay off. Its what keeps me going.

Gosh so you can leave work soon :D how fab is that? What a wonderful feeling that will be :) so pleased for you xxxxx

Morning Mav
How are you feeling today - glum would be an understatement eh?! Try and keep your chin up my love you know on here we'll get you through as best we can matey.

Thank you hun, but I am ok today. I was very upset earlier, but there is no point me sitting moping for too long, that's not gonna bring him back any quicker, so I have to keep myself busy and just get on with it :) Of course, you will hear about all my down days as well as my up days, but that's the nature of the place lol

Well done on your lb loss, as you say it's still a loss! xx

Back