Total Solution Sailing to success

Still no movement on the scales since Friday :-( but received another compliment last night...and that was in my swimsuit!! So the inches seem to be shifting even if the weight is holding on.

I felt really energetic yesterday so went for a walk at lunchtime and found a geocache nearby. I normally just sit at my desk eating a huge baguette. Then a friend suggested we go for a swim in the evening. Boy my muscles are feeling it today but I really enjoyed it. I was tempted to dust off an exercise DVD tonight but having read some posts on here I think my increase in exercise could be behind the static scales so I might take it a little slower. Maybe do some toning exercises instead to hopefully prevent loads of loose skin as I lose the weight. How have other people found that?

I tried the chilli meal last night and it was lovely. Tasted authentic and nicely hot. I almost forgot about there being no rice...

Come on scales...I just need to see a small shift to keep me going until WI.

So last night was a bit of a disaster. I started feeling a bit wobbly on my way home and felt hot and shivery. My DH said I fainted and as I was coming round he was spooning ice cream into my mouth. He is a First Aider and identified I was having a hypo. He then served up a chicken salad sandwich. I'm not sure it was a hypo as I didn't feel any better after the sugar rush and still feel poorly today. Maybe just a bug but a little scary.

The upshot is that I'm guessing no real harm has been done other than I'm out of ketosis and so will have 3 miserable days of hunger and my WI on Friday will be screwed. I'm back on the shakes today and feel fine so far. Drinking plenty of water.

Subscribing to your diary - you're doing brilliantly but last night must have been scary for you and your hubby! If you get anything like that again I'd nip to the drs for a quick check up.

Glad to hear today's gone well and that you're feeling ok xx

How strange, the exact same thing happened to me yesterday. We cut the hedge in the front garden (took 3 hours) and then felled some trees in the back garden and did so much heavy work that I felt really weak and dizzy and had to sit down. I honestly didn't have the energy to lift my hand off the sofa and I broke. I am with you on your 3 miserable days too my dear!!! At least we can be miserable together!!! I don't think it will screw your weigh in up. It's probably less cals than you would normally have so, keep positive :)

Had a much better day yesterday and no sign of the light headedness :) Happy to get right back on track. I'm sure if I was doing a conventional diet I would find it much harder. I wasn't as hungry as I expected to be and had to remember to have my 3rd pack. I tried Spag Bol for the first time and it was surprisingly lovely.

I'm off to town tonight to pick up a dress I ordered in a size 16/18. Now I'm only 3 weeks in and no noticable reduction in inches yet but I couldn't resist it. I aim to wear it on my birthday at the start of October and it will hopefully motivate me to lose the inches. At the moment I have no idea of my actual size. Most of my clothes are a size 20 with a lot of stretchy fabrics, although some of my tops are an 18. I would dearly love to get down to size 14 which is about right for my tall, broad frame. But anything smaller than my current size is a bonus.

I treated myself to a spa range salt scrub, massage gel and firming toner. I'm worried about loose skin so hopefully this will make a difference. Last time I lost a lot of weight I toned up quite well so it wasn't a problem but I'm 8 years older, have had a child and I'm starting off at a higher weight.

WI tomorrow but not back in ketosis yet. Still should have a good day today.

Glad you are feeling better today & back on track. Are you diabetic, if not perhaps your blood pressure dropped for a bit. Keep drinking the fluids as it will help.

No hope for me with loose skin so do all you can to keep it a bay Jac. x

Hi Susie. No I'm pre-diabetic after getting gestational diabetes, and I did faint a few times in pregnancy but this felt a bit different. I'm trying to sort out my blood sugars to avoid diabetes.

I don't think I'll be so lucky this time with loose skin but will sort that out if and when I need to.

Hope you are well xx

Only 2lbs off at the end of week 3 but takes my total loss to 1st 2lbs. Am quite pleased as have messed up twice this week and only just back into ketosis. I reckon that I will lose a bit more this week. And amazingly I have lost 6 inches off my waist!

Struggled with cravings tonight and not things I would normally eat. What is all that about?? Usually I take myself off for a walk but its pouring with rain. So just had a coke zero and so pleased I'm over the worst of the cravings. Very pleased that I didn't cave in.

Tomorrow night might be difficult too. I have a longstanding dinner date with my 5 girl friends and its a lovely restaurant. I have scoured the menu and I could have a steak and green salad, but ideally I will stick to a bar. Bit of a dilemma but if I eat I will have planned it and hopefully will remain in ketosis.

Bring it on week 4!

Really pleased with myself tonight. Had shake this morning and at lunch. Went out to dinner with friends and planned to eat a meal with them. Had sea bream, samphire and watercress salad. Avoided the potatoes and lemon butter. Washed down with sparkling water, and a coke zero which I sneaked in. Had a choc & orange bar for dessert and a black coffee. All good and still in ketosis.

Went for an hour long cycle today and did some 80s dancing after the meal so should have balanced out the additional cals.

Off on a weeks holiday a week today camping in Cornwall. If I can control my eating like tonight then I should be fine and still lose weight. Still 3 months to my cruise.

Hi Jac. Have just read through your diary. You're doing really well. I started exante originally because I was pre diabetic as well as wanting to lose weight. Hope you have a lovely time in Cornwall.

Hi Lynne. Yours was the first diary I read and it was really inspiring.

Has extante helped with your blood sugars?

Yes, my level was normal when I had my 12 month check. Hopefully it will be again next time. When I was first told I was predaibetic I used to check my sugar levels 3 times a day which was very difficult for me as I'm really squeamish but I haven't done it for months. I think I might give it a try today and see if I'm still OK.

Thats fantastic. I have my fasting blood test to come in September. Fingers firmly crossed for a normal reading.

Had a blip yesterday. It was going so well. Had shake for breakfast then DH and DS decided we should go swimming (yay!). Now our local pool is just a pool and not that much fun for a 6 year old unless its inflatable hour which was the previous day so we went to another pool 30 odd miles away that has rapids, a water play area and a large flume. Its was packed and we had to wait for 1 1/2 hours to get in - managed to fit in some geo caching while we waited. When we got out it was after 4. The boys were starving and I was feeling a bit wobbly and hadn't organised myself properly so had nothing with me.

We ended up to TGI Fridays and I ordered steak and salad with no dressing which was ok. But there was a mix up with the ordering and our meal was an hour late and we were all a bit grumpy. When my steak arrived it was so overdone I couldn't cut it with a steak knife. So the very "kind" waiter upgraded my meal and gave me the whole works...including fries, onion rings, ribs and sticky sauce! And my will power deserted me and I ate the lot. Then I had an ice-cream *sigh*.

Back on the shakes this morning and hope to stay 100% until WI Friday.

I entirely blame the waitor for your wobble, he was obviously trying to lead you astray. Seriously though, wobbles happen and as long as you can get right back on it today, you'll be fine. You could have done a lot worse than you did and your losses have been brilliant so far. Put TGI behind you and reach for the shakes!!

Thanks for your kind words of support.

Back on track and determined to see this through at least until Saturday when I'm away for a week. Wish I could capture in a bottle the resolve I'm feeling right now as it would wipe out the cravings and lack of control I sometimes (often) face.

The moral of this is to be prepared and carry a shake or bar with me at all times...though on this occasion it might not have hit the mark.

Coffeemate you are doing brilliantly too. I'm looking forward to getting to the 2 stone loss stage.

Oh Jac, nevermind, at least it's only the odd slip up, not a 4 and a half day bender like I had lol! I am so glad you are still being strong and well done for getting back on the horse... If it hadn't been for you I don't think I would have to be honest!! So thank you for inspiring me!

I hope you have a great time in Cornwall, and I think we might even take a trip down there for a few days ourselves as our sons friend (the boy he was born within minutes of) lives there now and they haven't seen each other since they were two, even though we keep in touch regularly.

I too am looking forward to the 2 stone mark, but I think I'm a little further behind now sadly.

Aren't you supposed to be having food week soon... Or are you doing that in Cornwall? I am doing total plus, so I am not having a food week as such. Have I read that right? I dunno, I keep forgetting!

Have a great Wednesday (hopefully exante will have their 50 for £50 or 60 for £60 offer soon... It's about time!)

Welcome back Phat! Just remember why you are doing this...Still time to lose another stone and hopefully a dress size be the end of the holidays. Thats the wonder of Exante. If you do it you will get the results.

That said I'm having regular blips on Sinful Sundays and Terrible Tuesdays. Not sure what goes wrong on Tuedays to be honest but will have to break the cycle next week. I am 100% on Monday, then go swimming on Monday eve. 100% on Tuesday until my drive home from work when I feel really tired and start craving. DH goes out on Tuesdays and the demons kick in. I normally take myself off for a little walk but can't as babysitting DS when DH is out. No energy to do an exercise DVD. I'm kind of doing 5:2 in reverse but need to be 100% to shift the lbs and inches. Then no problems again until Sunday. I guess the swim tires me out but I really don't want to give that up as its lovely "me time" and I hope it will tone me up a bit. At least I'm now aware I have a problem on that day and after holiday will do something about it.

I'm going to have my food week in Cornwall. To be honest I would probably have gone straight through if it weren't for the holiday but as my first big goal is November (cruise with the skinny minny's) I need to be careful. I'm planning shake for breakfast, bar or soup for lunch and low carb dinner with hot choc shake late evening. No alcohol which is proving to be easier than food!

I keep checking for that deal on Extante's site as I need to top up some of my favourites. Please alert me when its there just in case I miss it.

Have a great day x

Hope you are back into the swing of things today Jac. good that you are nipping it in the bud when these little sidetracks happen x

Back