• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Sainsbury Basics Lager

I phoned them and asked if they would consider making a similar cider, because I actually prefer cider but usually it is too strong, and like you say too high in calories for me.

Something like that would be really good for me - cider seems to be pretty horrifically high in cals - lately have been having a glass of rose wine instead..

Caz

Slimming down the aisle
25ml shot of vodka is 55cals... I know which I'd prefer :p

Can understand that :p - Strangely for me spirits seem to get me drunk without me feeling it - very odd!

Am happier with cider or wine for me (or Port shhhh)
but I can see me having far less cider in the near future, and I can only really handle 2 glasses of wine..

Sainsburys low alcohol czech lager is only 20 cals a bottle, I think it's very palatable & it goes down nicely with a drop of sugar free lime squash :eek:)

I do wish there was a low calorie cider too, my favourite tipple.

I dunno if anyone's posted about this before, but I have just discovered Sainsbury's Basics Lager. It's delicious and only 57Kcal a can, so most of us could have a can or two without wrecking the diet. Also it's 2% alcohol so at least you're actually having a drink, not a pretend drink :D
I love the Sainsbury's Basics lager :p
How do you know the calories? I can't find it on their site or on the can itself.