Sainsbury Basics Lager

Inge Jones

I dunno if anyone's posted about this before, but I have just discovered Sainsbury's Basics Lager. It's delicious and only 57Kcal a can, so most of us could have a can or two without wrecking the diet. Also it's 2% alcohol so at least you're actually having a drink, not a pretend drink :D

I phoned them and asked if they would consider making a similar cider, because I actually prefer cider but usually it is too strong, and like you say too high in calories for me.

Something like that would be really good for me - cider seems to be pretty horrifically high in cals - lately have been having a glass of rose wine instead..

25ml shot of vodka is 55cals... I know which I'd prefer :p

Can understand that :p - Strangely for me spirits seem to get me drunk without me feeling it - very odd!

Am happier with cider or wine for me (or Port shhhh)
but I can see me having far less cider in the near future, and I can only really handle 2 glasses of wine..

Sainsburys low alcohol czech lager is only 20 cals a bottle, I think it's very palatable & it goes down nicely with a drop of sugar free lime squash :eek:)

I do wish there was a low calorie cider too, my favourite tipple.

I dunno if anyone's posted about this before, but I have just discovered Sainsbury's Basics Lager. It's delicious and only 57Kcal a can, so most of us could have a can or two without wrecking the diet. Also it's 2% alcohol so at least you're actually having a drink, not a pretend drink :D

I love the Sainsbury's Basics lager :p
How do you know the calories? I can't find it on their site or on the can itself.

My husband has started drinking the Basics bitter. The price and strength is the same, but the flavor changes all the time! At least the lager always tastes the same.

Inge when you phoned to ask for the cals I don't suppose they have you any other details like the carbs for eg?

Back