Samalama striving to get in the PINK!

It's been a busy couple of days at work but I survived and I think I stayed within the calories pretty well although I do seem to be going over on my protein stakes.

I had about 300 cals to play with last night so I made up a new cocktail rather than open a bottle of wine and I'm avoiding bubbles so beer, diet coke, slimline tonic are out for the moment.

Anyway I've name it the Terrytini - 2 shots vodka, 1 shot cointreau and 1 shot Godiva chocolate liqueur - scrum!

Hubby and I are having our own little BBQ today and I may go over because I just feel like it ;) But we'll see later how my mood goes!

It's been a busy couple of days at work but I survived and I think I stayed within the calories pretty well although I do seem to be going over on my protein stakes.

I had about 300 cals to play with last night so I made up a new cocktail rather than open a bottle of wine and I'm avoiding bubbles so beer, diet coke, slimline tonic are out for the moment.

Anyway I've name it the Terrytini - 2 shots vodka, 1 shot cointreau and 1 shot Godiva chocolate liqueur - scrum!

Hubby and I are having our own little BBQ today and I may go over because I just feel like it ;) But we'll see later how my mood goes!

I saw on your MFP diary that you had those shots. I thought "mmmmmmmm chocolate orange, mmmmmmmm"! :D

See how the mood takes you hun, and decide when you are actually eating. You might actually feel really satisfied with all the healthy stuff when it comes to it, but if you do go over, then hey, its the weekend! As long as you make sensible choices. Enjoy you BBQ, and enjoy your weekend. Lots of love :):D:)

Thanks to those who stopped by the diary - things have been a little same old same old and I do find myself sitting at the computer all day so sometimes my square eyes don't get me on here often enough LOL

Anyway the good news is had my WI this morning and I hit my half stone... phew!

It does still feel like a hurdle, 5 weeks to get just 7 pounds off and I know I should be grateful but it's starting to feel a little bit like too much hard work! Don't worry I'm not giving up because I am in the "zone" and I want to lose weight but I am starting to miss things like...

dominos
Indian Take Away
Butter
and a big piece of chocolate cream cake!

Still thanks to the ever supportive and helpful Squeezy I just did a great Leslie Sansone 1 mile in 15 minutes - it was fun and I felt great for doing it. Yayyyy, thank you again Squeezy you rock!

Thanks to those who stopped by the diary - things have been a little same old same old and I do find myself sitting at the computer all day so sometimes my square eyes don't get me on here often enough LOL

Anyway the good news is had my WI this morning and I hit my half stone... phew!

It does still feel like a hurdle, 5 weeks to get just 7 pounds off and I know I should be grateful but it's starting to feel a little bit like too much hard work! Don't worry I'm not giving up because I am in the "zone" and I want to lose weight but I am starting to miss things like...

dominos
Indian Take Away
Butter
and a big piece of chocolate cream cake!

Still thanks to the ever supportive and helpful Squeezy I just did a great Leslie Sansone 1 mile in 15 minutes - it was fun and I felt great for doing it. Yayyyy, thank you again Squeezy you rock!

Thankyou Sam.
I highly reccomend you get the DVD's. I am a complete convert and she is helping me learn to like exercise. (notice I said like, not love!!!!)
If you buy a package you get the strength training cables, which is like weight lifting without the weights, and burns calories longer. I love them.
Hope you do get into it hun. Then we can both be evangelical about it and I won't be so lonely!!! :)

Well done on the half stone!!! I know I said it on MFP, but you can't do this on MFP. :talk017:

Thanks squeezy for the continued support and yes I will deffo look into buying the DVD's I'm going to try and do the express mile a few more times this week and see how I go before I lay out the funds.

Today's food hasn't been bad:

Breakfast - Bran flakes and skimmed milk

Lunch - Spiced pumpkin soup, cous cous salad, beetroot and a slice of bread

Dinner - A M&S Count on Us special - chicken in red wine with mashed, good comfort food!

Snacks - Graze punnet, nectarine and cheese and onion popcorn

I think I've been too carb hungry today and so snacking has left me a little bloaty so lots of water.

Going out tomorrow night to a noodle restaurant eeek I have no idea what to have, any ideas?

Well done on reaching half a stone! You know, the slower it comes off, the less likely it is to come back on. And you know how much work it is so I think you'll be less tempted to go back to old ways! Keep at it :)

Oooh I really miss curries, chips, cakes, I could go on. But my stomach as shrunk as I noticed at the Chinese buffet at the weekend!

What noodle place are u going to? Shame it's not wagamama they have cals
On the website.

Oooh I really miss curries, chips, cakes, I could go on. But my stomach as shrunk as I noticed at the Chinese buffet at the weekend!

On the website.

ooh wagamama, now I'm hungry :p

On the website.

I can't find the cals on the wagamamas website anywhere :( can you please send me a link?

Thanks squeezy for the continued support and yes I will deffo look into buying the DVD's I'm going to try and do the express mile a few more times this week and see how I go before I lay out the funds.

Today's food hasn't been bad:

Breakfast - Bran flakes and skimmed milk

Lunch - Spiced pumpkin soup, cous cous salad, beetroot and a slice of bread

Dinner - A M&S Count on Us special - chicken in red wine with mashed, good comfort food!

Snacks - Graze punnet, nectarine and cheese and onion popcorn

I think I've been too carb hungry today and so snacking has left me a little bloaty so lots of water.

Going out tomorrow night to a noodle restaurant eeek I have no idea what to have, any ideas?

You could ask nicely if you could just have noodles, chicken in a bit of soy sauce. That would be real low on cals. If anyone asks you could always say something like "I have an appointment at the hospital tomorrow and I've to lay off heavy food". I know it's utter rubbish but sometimes chefs are more inclined to make you a special dish if you ask nicely and there's a medical reason behind it. LOL I'm so bad.

You could ask nicely if you could just have noodles, chicken in a bit of soy sauce. That would be real low on cals. If anyone asks you could always say something like "I have an appointment at the hospital tomorrow and I've to lay off heavy food". I know it's utter rubbish but sometimes chefs are more inclined to make you a special dish if you ask nicely and there's a medical reason behind it. LOL I'm so bad.

Thats not bad, it's a really good idea actually. I might try it next time Im out and haven't got a clue what to order. Cheers my lovely :D

"What noodle place are u going to? Shame it's not wagamama they have cals On the website."

Oh no, I wish I didn't know this, no more being in denial that veg katsu curry is good for me. (sorry, I'm too dumb to work out how to quote properly).

Well done for the half stone loss! The cravings should get less the longer you keep going :)

"What noodle place are u going to? Shame it's not wagamama they have cals On the website."

Oh no, I wish I didn't know this, no more being in denial that veg katsu curry is good for me. (sorry, I'm too dumb to work out how to quote properly).

Well done for the half stone loss! The cravings should get less the longer you keep going :)

If you're on your PC you quote by clicking the little 'quote' button found at the bottom right hand corner of the post you wish to quote. ;)

Well done on reaching half a stone! You know, the slower it comes off, the less likely it is to come back on. And you know how much work it is so I think you'll be less tempted to go back to old ways! Keep at it :)

oooo good mantra - thank you my dear :)

Thanks TTFan :) Sometimes at places like this I think it's better to be indenial and then drink a lot of water afterwards and do some exercise the next day and not eat back the cals LOL I think that is going to be my plan ;)

Thanks HH that is a great idea! It's a little noodle restaurant in Greenwich that I'm going to and I'm pretty sure they have an extensive menu so I may just go for Chicken Chow Mein or something like that. That said I fancy something naughty so maybe I'll test the water and have something else but I know I won't be able to eat it all because the stomach has shrunk! I'll see how smug I am feeling once I get in the restaurant, the good news is I'm not drinking alcohol so I don't have to worry about those cals.

I'll try and keep my other calories during the day low, I've had my usual bran flakes for breakkie and then been drinking lots of water and will have soup for lunch and then a Graze snack later with some fruit and hopefully that will see me right until noodle time!!

Enjoy your days everyone :)

Back