Samalama striving to get in the PINK!

Hi samalama, have just been reading through your diary, you seem to be doing really well and focused. Sorry to hear about your hubbies job, hope things work out. Good luck with your weight loss!!

You are so pretty!

I would have chocolate if I had that spare!!

Aww thanks! Yeah and I was going to have some chocolate but then the time got away from me last night and before I knew it, it was 9.30 so I didn't bother.

I did put laughing cow on my brown toast with my soup so that took me down to 280 odd left over - Silly Sammy what a waste of calories doh!

It's always hotter in London too. Don't know how you coped with tube! I think I changed outfit 3 times today, was such a sweaty Betty!

It was nasty on the tube but I usually get a seat, I get on at Marble Arch on the Central Line and take it all the way to my station at Newbury Park and I make sure I sit by a ventilation window so that it gives me a draft. Still felt bloody hot and sweaty mind you - thankfully when I get to Newbury Park I get in my car and crank on the A/C to cool me down before I get home!

Spiced butternutsquash soup, sounds lovely.
The heat today has been unbearable, so I know what you mean. At least I didn't have to travel on the tube with all those sweaty people! :)

Marks and Sparks favourite of mine and I rigidly have half a pot to make it last two meals.

It's the other sweaty people that irritate me on the tube for sure!

I've sent the hubby out today for my Warburtons squares and the new sandwich thingy bread that's supposed to be only 100 cals, have you had that Squeezy?

Hi samalama, have just been reading through your diary, you seem to be doing really well and focused. Sorry to hear about your hubbies job, hope things work out. Good luck with your weight loss!!

Thank you Funky Munky - I try to be, it will be better once I can excerise properly I still haven't got my brain around that after my bad back and ligament tear in my knee earlier this year! I will get there!

Yayyy it was WI day today and I was down a pound so that's 6 pounds in 4 weeks and I'll take that given that I am not doing any exercise at all. In that time I have done 2 little walks and an ironing fest but otherwise I do "Jack". Working 2 jobs means little time and then I'm still using (yes I'm indenial) my back as an excuse but I have been given the go ahead to do walking only.

I'm working on getting my head around getting myself just a little bit more organised so that I can exercise because even though I am losing at a nice steady rate I'm pretty sure I could lose a little more that will still be within a healthy maintainable loss.

I'm in a great mood today I do feel a little more full of life and just ready to burst which when you think how sucky things have been in the last week is weird but I swear it's the change in diet!

Hope you all have great days!

Well done on your loss :)

Marks and Sparks favourite of mine and I rigidly have half a pot to make it last two meals.

It's the other sweaty people that irritate me on the tube for sure!

I've sent the hubby out today for my Warburtons squares and the new sandwich thingy bread that's supposed to be only 100 cals, have you had that Squeezy?

I am pretty addicted to both the warburtons square wraps and the sandwich thins. Genius inventions if you ask me. Im sure you will be hooked :)

I'm going to have to go to M&S, a few people on here have mentioned food stuffs from there, and I absolutley love their food. I should attempt to make some butternutsquash soup from scratch really!! I'll let you know how that goes.

By the way, that icecream recipe serves 6. So the nutritional value will be for 1/6th. :D

Yayyy it was WI day today and I was down a pound so that's 6 pounds in 4 weeks and I'll take that given that I am not doing any exercise at all. In that time I have done 2 little walks and an ironing fest but otherwise I do "Jack". Working 2 jobs means little time and then I'm still using (yes I'm indenial) my back as an excuse but I have been given the go ahead to do walking only.

I'm working on getting my head around getting myself just a little bit more organised so that I can exercise because even though I am losing at a nice steady rate I'm pretty sure I could lose a little more that will still be within a healthy maintainable loss.

I'm in a great mood today I do feel a little more full of life and just ready to burst which when you think how sucky things have been in the last week is weird but I swear it's the change in diet!

YAY for being down a pound! :D A better diet is doing wonders for me too. Shiny hair, soft clear skin, loads of energy etc. I think it's because we're staying away from high calorie junk and eatig much better foods :) it really is true what they say - eat well, feel well!

I think exercise is a good idea too. Caroline posted a godo thread about the benifits of excerise, you shoudl check it out
http://www.minimins.com/calorie-cou...alories-back-isnt-pointless-heres-answer.html

And well done again on your loss this week :D xx

Fabulous loss hun. Well done xx

YAY for being down a pound! :D A better diet is doing wonders for me too. Shiny hair, soft clear skin, loads of energy etc. I think it's because we're staying away from high calorie junk and eatig much better foods :) it really is true what they say - eat well, feel well!

I think exercise is a good idea too. Caroline posted a godo thread about the benifits of excerise, you shoudl check it out
http://www.minimins.com/calorie-cou...alories-back-isnt-pointless-heres-answer.html

And well done again on your loss this week :D xx

Thanks so much for that :)

Last edited:
Haha, yeah, that gets me too! It's like I've lost an apple a day now!

Busy busy day today - I have the Auditor's in to scrutinize the HR files and payroll data bleh! They should all be squeaky clean but you just never know.

Looking forward to my Graze box this morning and trying out new snackies.

Also I need to get my butt down to Tescos and see what all their lighter choice meals are because I bet they are cheaper than the M&S close to my work. I don't get to go to Tescos because my hubby is a control freak and doesn't let me do the shopping sooo I never really see what they have so when he asks me what do I want I've got no clue. I figured I would go with him this Saturday morning and see what's available.

In other good news my body really feels like it's getting used to the new food regime and has gone back to some sort of normality, I haven't had cramps in 3 days now which is great, the doctor was pretty sure that it was just the change in diet but told me to go back in a week if they continued but they haven't so that's good.

OK that's all from me, hope you all have good days and I hope to catch up on your diaries laters.

I've tried the tesco light moussaka. Only 400 cals, I thought wow. Then I tasted it! Barf! I think there must have been about a teaspoon of meat in there!

Hi samalama,
I've just been reading your diary, sorry to hear about your hubby losing his job.

Oh and how do you make a appletini I've always fancied one with seeing it on telly and I don't even know what's in it!!! :)

Hi samalama,
I've just been reading your diary, sorry to hear about your hubby losing his job.

Oh and how do you make a appletini I've always fancied one with seeing it on telly and I don't even know what's in it!!! :)

Hey sweets - thanks for stopping by :)

There are two recipes for an Appletini -

The real strong one - 277 cals
3 shots (75 ml) good vodka
1 shot (25ml) Apple Sourz
Put in a cocktail shaker with a shed load of ice and shake shake shake for 15 seconds then pour into a chilled martini glass and sip

Low cal version - 182 cals
1 shot (25 ml) vodka
1 shot (25 ml) Apple Sourz
2 shots (50 ml) pressed apple juice

Shake as above

I like mine strong strong but a lot of my friends can't take their liquor so neat so the low cal version goes down a treat!

Hi Samalama, think the smell of alcohol got my attention, that drinks sounds fab!!

Your doing great on your weight loss!
Love the idea of freezing half a pizza. Just need to find a way of prizing it out of my hands first, Lol :)

Back