Sammysmiles 2nd attempt at Exante

That's a good result. If you weren't that "naughty" I wouldn't worry about it too much. Might even be a good transition into having vlcd products only! X

Well done Sammi. That's a good loss xx

Went to Southport for the day, the boys had I've creams and a Nandos! Very supportive eh?

I took 2 bars, had 1 then two shakes when we got back plus 4 glasses of Coke Zero (!) at Nandos and 2 litres of water.

Will try for another litre tonight whilst I watch a marathon Real Housewives of Miami session :)

Decided to change my weigh ins to Saturday seeing as though I messed up last week. Saturday will mark my first 'proper' 100% TS

Also...... Today is the first day that I'm not hungry! I must be in ketosis I guess?

I had my bar at 11 then a shake at 2 along with 3 coffees and a litre of water :)

Please continue, I need you willpower so don't fail me now!

Good going Sammy x

Thanks Susie, another 100% day but made a lasagna for the boys. I always make everything from scratch and it smells Delish! Staying away though, had to stop myself from tasting my beschamel sauce :)

I don't know how you manage to do that Sammy. I'm lucky cos my kids are grown up & do their own thing now & my husband loves salads so nice & easy on that front x

Hi Susie, I have lots of will power right now but it disappears so quickly, I literally couldn't stay from our picnic last week :( Mum made a huge buttercream and jam Easter cake for us last week and I didn't touch it. I made the boys eat it ha I just wish I was this way all of the time then I wouldn't find myself overweight.

Had a cheeky weigh in this morning and I'm 12.2.2 so that's almost 8 1/2 pounds down. Maybe I'll see the 11's on Saturday?

When I gave up smoking I kept telling myself 'you can have one tomorrow' and that's what I'm doing now. 'You can have some cake etc tomorrow' knowing that by then the craving would have subsided. Just hope this technique lasts for another 28 pounds :)

That's a good tactic Sammy cos as you say the urges & temptations disappear at some point during the course of the daY.

Fingers crossed for the 11s, you never know :D x

Although I'm not hungry in the morning I do feel a little shaky, do you get that Susie? How do you combat that?

Oh and MFP says in 5 weeks I'll weigh 11st2, that would be nice :)

Although I'm not hungry in the morning I do feel a little shaky, do you get that Susie? How do you combat that?

Oh and MFP says in 5 weeks I'll weigh 11st2, that would be nice :)

No I haven't experienced that Sammy. Does it settle after you've had a pack. I do find I get a bit tetchy at the end of the day though so I tend to save all my packs till the afternoon.

11st 2 would be great & is achievable for you. Think I will have to be on plan for another 4 months before I get there. I'll be happy as long as I can get into the 10s in time for my holiday in September. Its do able as long as I don't start mucking about again x

Susie, it's great that you've set yourself goals that are achievable. I find that short term goals help a lot, my first would be to get to 11st 10lb which takes me into 'normal' weight bracket.

Thank you Trying Hard, I need all my luck. I weighed this morning and I'm 12.5! I've put pounds on, probably a lesson to me...... Don't weigh daily! Will stay off the scales til Saturday.

i have just had a red berry bar for breakfast, what the hell is up with them? Salty, bitter, bleurgh! I have never eaten without using my tongue but today I tried to :)

I should imagine eating without using your tongue is a bit dodgy, did you dribble lol.

I love the bars from S&S. The choc orange makes you feel like you are having a treat x

Susie, it was stuck to the roof of my mouth for what felt like hours :) I can't believe that bar got through any taste tests!!

100% again today hope I lose that random 3 pound gain from yesterday. I doubt I will see the 11's on Saturday plus I am out Friday and Saturday night, I can't not have a drink so what's best? Will I gain a lot?

Make sure you come out of ketosis if you are drinking alcohol Sammy. If I drink I tend to stick to vodka as I think it is less likely to sit on the hips. The main thing is getting straight back on track afterwards. If you can do that then all well & good x

How do I come out of ketosis? I'm planning to stay away from the post drink munchies if I can. What should I eat before I go?

Weighed in this morning and I was 12.3 so still a pound on?? I won't weigh til Monday now as I know after drinking I will weigh less due to dehydration x

I was going to say add a low cal meal for a couple of days but then I just saw that its tonight that you are going out. There is a thread on here about the dangers of alcohol & ketosis. Go to the main Exante forum & scroll down to the sticky section & you will find the information there. Can you stick to soft drinks instead xx

Last edited:
Back