Sam's Diary

Had quite a good day today, went to the gym and did lots of weights and have started the 30 day squat challenge.
I'm enjoying the gym again although it is full of bodybuilding men! I thought I'd feel a lot more intimidated than I do but it's not too bad, the owner said woman do go but I haven't seen one yet! I haven't drank enough water today, water really is my down fall, I better go and get a glass now while I remember!

When I was in uni I occasionally popped into the campus gym. I was completely amused by the macho bodybuilder guys who seemed to try to out-grunt each other as they lifted weights. I know they're not ALL that way, but the ones at that gym...oh dear. They seemed attention-starved and wanted everyone to look at them. But the grunting just made me think they sounded constipated. :D

Good for getting back to gym Sam and lol Canadian on the grunting men. Love the squat and abs challenges! I'm way to intimidated to go to gym atm because I know everyone that goes and they're not my favorite people so doing from home and getting good results for now. Would love some cardio equip though but no room for it so maybe join gym at some point. x

Hi Sam :wavey:
Well done getting back to the gym! I did 20 mins Zumba on the wii this morning - decided it was far too dangerous to jump straight into a proper class after a summer of sloth! Back to regular classes from tomorrow:)

Keep it up
Xx

Hi Sam :wavey:
Well done getting back to the gym! I did 20 mins Zumba on the wii this morning - decided it was far too dangerous to jump straight into a proper class after a summer of sloth! Back to regular classes from tomorrow:)

Keep it up
Xx
thanks Katie! Good luck with the classes!

Been to the gym and done day 3 of squats. Day off tomorrow, not exercising at all! I'm proper exhausted! I got a diet sheet from the gym, it's pretty much what I'm eating now but with 3 protein shakes added in! Haven't worked out how many cals that would be exactly but roughly an extra 600 a day, if I exercised everyday that would be ok but without its a bit scary! Might just go with 2 shakes.

Are you trying to get muscle sam ? Well done on all the exercise x

Well done on all the exercise Sam! Do you use a fitbit, HRM or mfp to calculate your calories burned? I use mfp database but would like to get a more accurate count. My sil has a jawbone up and loves it. Confused as to what to get. I think iphone is launching iwatch this month but read it could be 2015 before it's available. x

I use a HRM. Im not sure it's accurate when it comes to strength training but I'm not eating my exercise cals back at the minute so it doesn't really matter that much. I'm going to get the new iphone when it comes out so I'll probably get that watch or a fit bit. I've never heard of jawbone up before, I'll have a look at it now.

I have the Fitbit One which I love! x

I use a HRM. Im not sure it's accurate when it comes to strength training but I'm not eating my exercise cals back at the minute so it doesn't really matter that much. I'm going to get the new iphone when it comes out so I'll probably get that watch or a fit bit. I've never heard of jawbone up before, I'll have a look at it now.

Thanks Sam- think a HRM is the most accurate as it's specific and directly related to your output. Fancy the Polar RCX3 ouch at the price though. Will have a proper search.

I have the Fitbit One which I love! x

Thanks PogMoma- everyone I know that has a Fitbit loves it. Birthday coming up and will do some research. x

Had a really horrible nights sleep last night, Robbie was up from 12am till 3am then got up this morning at 6, so I'm not in the best of moods today and my mood always effects what I eat, up to now its been ok though. No gym til Monday but I've done my squats. Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

First weekend in quite a while where I haven't gone off the rails, had a chunky kitkat and that's all, really good for me! Squats done and back to the gym tomorrow, PT starts this week so hopefully I'll see some changes in my shape soon!

Back