Sandra's maintenance diary.....

Bloody Lindor are winking at me though ! Had loads of chicken for supper and not in the slightest bit hungry but .....I will be so pleased when Paul has finished the little red devils......and the rest of his chocolate orange ;)

I KNOW!! How do the little bu**ers bore their way into our brains and niggle away at us until they're all gone??!! :eek: xx

Mmmmm......was going to finish with a choc ice for pudding but Dylan is laying on me and I can't bear to move him so Paul has made me a low-cal hot choc and that's my lot for today! No red devils pour moi:D

Well done and well done Dylan!! :)

Good ol' dylan! :p

From now on he will be known as 'Dylan the diet cat'.....bless him, I'm sure that he misses his sister. They were constantly wrapped around each other for 5 years....

Wednesday's food

B branflakes with milk, a banana and a handful of blueberries. Vitamin C drink
L Be-YU yogurt bar, rest of the punnet of blueberries
D quarter of an M&S crispy duck (first time since August! mmmmmm) mini almond Magnum
Hot choc before bed

Actually had some appetite today and really enjoyed my dinner. Red devils, teeny tiny ones that Paul says are mine:eek: are still winking at me......might just eat a couple of them just to get them out of the way!

Yeah ... once they've gone they can't wink at you any more ;)

What did you used to do In Bermuda? xx

I had four! They're so bloody small that you can't get the wrapper off! Specially not with gel nails!

I don't know if you're aware about Jersey's status as an offshore financial centre? aka a tax haven! Well that's what I've done for 30 years, helped the rich grow richer.......had some really famous clients in the past and ended up with my own trust company, managing the financial affairs of the extremely wealthy. Back in 1987 I had an affair with a married man, it all went tits up as these things do so I buggered off to Bermuda which has the same kind of work. It paid a monster salary and it was all tax free. I came back a couple of years later with a wodge of savings which set me up for life tbh. Was going to move on again as I got offered a fantastic job managing a bank in the Bahamas, but then I met Paul. That was 20 years ago and we've been together ever since.

Jersey is suffering along with the rest of the world now but it was a land of opportunity in the 80's.......hence my lifestyle now x

HaHa - just picturing the frustration of deciding to eat them and then being unable to get the wrappers off :D:D ;)

Great potted life story! .... Didn't you do well :) .... Seems like you grasped your opportunities with both hands and ran with them! Right place(s), right time - Brilliant :D xx

Must admit I didnt and still don't know anything about Jersey - except its a channel island! :giggle: Its always nice to know about someone else's life etc :) xxx

Just eaten the last 3! There's a bit of choc orange left but I'm sure that Paul will finish it soon.

You know I never intended to have a career? I was working in a garage when I got made redundant cos it was sold. I went for an interview in a bank as a receptionist but the guy interviewing me asked why I wasn't using my o'levels (I got 8 but had to leave school cos we needed the money) and offered me a trainee position. It paid about a fiver more than the receptionist job so I took it! Took about four years to realise that I was really good at it and didn't want to marry my long-term boyfriend and have kids.....which had been the plan before cos that was what everyone did!

Isn't it weird how life turns out? It could have been so different, maybe even better? What's your story Jan? X

Weird how things turn out :) - but always for the best!

As for me - how long have you got?! Tell you what - let me update the 'about us' page on my website and I'll post a link :) xx

I forget.....we're over 50 and have therefore lived a lot:D

Just a nosey cow really.......sorry! X

No prob hon - I just couldn't put it as succinctly as you have! ;o) xx

Them's the easy bits!

Gotcha ;) x

I think we should get together with a few scoops and swap stories ... but you're so far away :( :eek: xx

Oh yeah - and DH wouldn't be allowed ... he doesn't know the half of it ;) xx

Thursday's food....

B branflakes with milk and a banana. Vitamin c drink and 2 coffees
L 2 slices white toast (no wm in the freezer) with liver pate. Muller light cherry yogurt
'Snack' 3 tiny red devils ....all gone now!
D M&S Count on Us chicken dinner, can't remember what it was called but it was with rice and very, very spicy. Had one of their puddings too, Queen of Puddings which I'd bought for Saturday night but we hadn't gotten round to eating it. Far too sweet for me so won't be buying it again.
Hot choc before bed

Had a flu jab today so my arm feels a bit heavy tonight. The doctor told me to keep eating sensibly to deal with my anaemia .....I think that's what I'm doing?!

Back