Sandra's maintenance diary.....

Yep, another one back to it in Jan but i'm getting back to it on the 5th when i go back to work :)

Going to record what I eat again, might make me think before I put my hand in the Lindor box.....

So, Monday's food

B porridge, as usual half and half milk/water, dash of evaporated milk. Small glass passionfruit and orange juice, coffee
L cold turkey, couple of slices of streaky bacon, stuffing and a couple of piggies. Loads of sliced beetroot, no idea why but I just fancied it! Small slice of Xmas pud with some brandy custard.

No idea as to the rest of the day yet, obviously still got leftovers......Paul has already started on the Lindor, I think he's addicted to them! They're in a big glass bowl on the coffee table and he got a couple more boxes for Xmas cos everyone know how much he loves them! I haven't delved into the bottom of the bowl to look for white ones.....but that doesn't mean that I won't !

Last edited:
Will be having a few good days between now and then, going to the French house tomorrow until Thursday and will only take the bare minimum with us, soup, cheese etc. Def no Lindor!

Need to drink more water, I've noticed that my skin is really dry, I know that the heating is on all day which doesn't help, but it looks drab! It looked lovely and plump when I was on LT.....got a facial Slendertone for Xmas (I picked it, it wasn't Paul being thoughtless!) so need to get it out of the box and give it a trial run .....

The weather doesn't help the dry skin either!!

3lbs is nowt! That'll come off in 2 days of 'goodness' I bet!

You're all being soooo much better than me :( ...... :sigh: - I'll be back on in Jan as well though & have to be REALLY good for several weeks as we're probably having a big holiday in March ... not long!

But Sandra - you're doing great imho!! xx

My skin has a tendency to dry up, but I exfoliate with the shower gloves twice a week now and it seems to keep it at bay.

Defo gotta be the weather & lack of water. My t zone is horrendous! Xx

Happy New Year.....

Totally hideous few days as one of my beloved cats was knocked down and killed. We are heartbroken, never did the kids bit just adore my furry babies.....

So, didn't celebrate New Year and have barely eaten since Wednesday. Thougt that today would be a good day to weigh in, being the 1st January and all that. Have lost anything that went on over Xmas and am still the same as before.......would happily have put all the weight back on overnight just to have my baby girl back.

Meal at in-laws tomorrow and must try and get some semblance of real life back.....

Hope everyone is ok? My life feels like **** at the moment, I can't even begin to imagine how Jayne feels......is there a God? If so, what's he playing at? X

Sorry to hear about your 'baby' Sandra, you must be feeling awful.

Hope you're able to get back on an even keel soon.

As for the God thing .. ? I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, the trouble is we have to deal with the immediate effects and get through it before we have any chance of understanding. And that understanding may not even come to us in this life.
He never throws at us more than we are able to handle though - even if it doesn't feel like it at the time.

Thoughts and prayers are with you. xx

Aww, Sandra, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. Our fur babies are very precious indeed, and leave a huge hole when they leave us. Sending huge ((hugs)) xx

Aw so sorry to hear about your cat sandra :hug99:
I too am a firm believer of everything that happens happens for a reason & like Jan said one day, hopefully it will become clear why it happened.

Try and enjoy yourself tonight at the in laws, oh and well done on managing to sts :) xxx

Thanks everyone.....I believe that too, it's just hard to fathom it out at the time........

It's made Paul and I communicate again, which is a good thing as we were barely on speaking terms....perhaps Fudgee was meant to save our relationship? Who knows........just wish I could have another 5 minutes holding her x

That could very well be it Sandra, if so, shows how much your 'baby' adored you :) xxx

Sorry to hear about your cat Sandra :(

Well.......after the horrendous past few days that I've had I've decided to get back on here and lose the last 10lbs that I need to lose!

Still got some Christmas goodies left, but I don't think that they'll be a problem as I haven't pigged out once since I started eating again about 6/7 weeks ago. Just binned a packet of shortbread fingers, used to be my faves, cos they went out of date in October 2010! There are still a few Lindor left in the bowl but I'll be generous and 'donate' them to Paul! I haven't had any Xmas cake at all, and don't plan to, and only two mince pies, they're all in a big tin so just going to ignore the tin!

Had a roast chicken the other night so the carcass is on the stove, going to make pea and ham soup with the stock and the leftover ham that I froze
after Xmas. Still planning on doing ww but I put the paperwork somewhere in the kitchen on Xmas eve and I can't find it now! Need to find it and read it if I'm going to lose half a stone this month.....

So, today, Monday's food......

B porridge with a dash of evaporated milk. Small OJ and a couple of proper
coffees
L a large bunch of grapes.......had breakfast late so haven't really thought about lunch and it's now 4 o'clock as I write this!
D.......no idea yet but haven't been shopping so not going to be much....
Edit.....there was loads of chicken left on the carcass so made soup with the stock, chicken and leftover veggies. It was a sort of roast chicken dinner soup and it was lovely! Also had 2 slices of home-made walnut bread, made by Paul's mum with walnuts from our garden in France.
Will probably have a hot choc later

Last edited:
Thanks Mary, they're a huge part of your life aren't they? How's Maisie doing? X

Tuesday's food.....

Had to get up early (for me!) at 7.30am to get to physio so didn't feel like breakfast until I got back....now I'm all out of sorts!

B Branflakes with milk and a sliced banana, Vitamin C drink, a coffee
L 100g Brie, small bunch of grapes and an apple (Brie was past it's sell-by and dry, but I ate it anyway cos I couldn't be arsed to get something else!)
D Chicken breast, M&S rosemary potatoes, carrots and broccoli

Have still managed to resist the last of the Lindor, haven't had any Xmas cake and have chucked the last of the pudding out as we weren't interested! :)

Well done for resisting and chucking ;) ... It's awful when you have to get up early isn't it??!! I don't 'do' mornings but when I'm having the 2 littlest grandsons I have to get up at 6.30 **shock horror**!!! I love them dearly but hate getting up at that time!! I can't stomach breakie very early either - I take it with me and usually have to (very reluctantly) share it!! xx

Back